Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Connect non B&O CD player to my Beomaster 6500

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

JPMESGUEN
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
JPMESGUEN Posted: Tue, Apr 10 2012 8:48 PM

HI

My BeoCD 6500 is broken and I want to connect a non-B&O CD player to my BeoMaster6500

I connected my CD player using a RCA => DIN Audio cable to the CD input  but I can't select CD Player Input on my BeoMaster 6500

Which input I can I use on the Beomaster 6500 to listen music without datalink connections.

Can you Help Me ?

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
Posts 4,188
Bronze Member

You simply select CD with the remote. There is no requirement for datalink. ( I use a 3.5mm jack to DIN adapter to connect my laptop headphone socket to my 6500 amp with no problem!)

Are you sure that you have the correct type of adapter???? There are two types, one where the RCA are connected to the output pins in the DIN plug and the other type with connections to the input pins!!!

It is always better to get the DIN to 4 RCA's and then it is just a matter of selecting the correct RCA plugs.

Regards Graham

JPMESGUEN
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
JPMESGUEN replied on Wed, Apr 11 2012 5:43 PM

Thanks for your reply

I think my cable is OK, the problem is that if I press "CD" on the remote, nothing happens (The Beomaster doesn't switch to the the CD input line)

I thought it was because the 6500 amp didn't detect a B&O datalink compatible CD Player

I'll try again

Regards

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Wed, Apr 11 2012 6:10 PM

JPMESGUEN:
I thought it was because the 6500 amp didn't detect a B&O datalink compatible CD Player

There are no such smarts in the 6500. Perhaps the CD button in your remote is just not working?

With the Beomaster 6500, you can use any of the inputs for a line level signal such as a CD player. Try Tape1 for example.

--mika

JPMESGUEN
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
JPMESGUEN replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 6:31 PM

You were right, thank you !

The problem was on my remote command (Beolink 1000)

It doesn't work well, : I had to press "CD" Button many times before the beomaster 6500 takes the CD-Lin as input

My problem is solved, I can Listen CDs  Smile

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS