Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

B&O at the Movies (or TV shows ...)

rated by 0 users
This post has 179 Replies | 3 Followers

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant Posted: Sat, Nov 23 2013 9:31 AM

We used to have this thread in the Old(er) Forums, but I don't think I can find it here, so here goes !

In this year's season of "New Tricks"" (number 10) in the 10th episode (and number 87 in total), the second post-Sandra/Amanda Redman, has Steve's son dropping in on his dad and abusing his Hi-Fi - a turntable I did not recognise ... and a pair of B&O 8000s

BeoNut since '75

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Sun, Nov 24 2013 9:50 AM

elephant:

We used to have this thread in the Old(er) Forums, but I don't think I can find it here, so here goes !

In this year's season of "New Tricks"" (number 10) in the 10th episode (and number 87 in total), the second post-Sandra/Amanda Redman, has Steve's son dropping in on his dad and abusing his Hi-Fi - a turntable I did not recognise ... and a pair of B&O 8000s

The quality of the New Tricks writing has gone down hill at a rate only exceeded by the actors abandoning ship!

This is not quite what your thread was aimed at and I have no idea whether it was ever officially done for B&O but I found it when googling B&O in movies.

Graham

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4ePGwvrqVjM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D4ePGwvrqVjM

bramble
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 397
Bronze Member
bramble replied on Thu, Sep 17 2015 9:01 AM
From the film Logan's run: spot the turntableWink

Beovision 7 40 mk 5 ,beovision 6x3,   beosound 3000, beogram 3300 , 2 x lc2, 2 x beocom 1401, beocom 6000 x 2,  5 x beo4, 

, 4 x beolab 4's, form 2, h2, a2,a1 and a beolab 2 😀😀

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Thu, Sep 17 2015 3:34 PM

bramble:
From the film Logan's run: spot the turntableWink

Wow! I saw that movie several times (I had a major teen aged crush on Jenny Agutter) and even seeing it fairly recently never noticed that! Good catch!

Just rewatched The Dark Knight, and Bruce Wayne's apartment had a Beovision and BL5s.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

bidstonhall
Top 200 Contributor
Thailand 5560 miles from Struer
Posts 363
Bronze Member

Just watched Mike Leigh's movie high hopes from 1988, full of B and O

its strange really because the movie is very much of its time with old cars etc even saw an old ford corsair and Morris minors but in the scene with the B and O it looks so futuristic it seems out of place, also had a stacking system on the atyca stand

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Mon, Nov 30 2015 7:37 PM

When "prop-people" don't know their B&O :)

From Modern Family Season 6 Episode 13...

Both the Beolab 3 AND Beocenter 2 is upside down !! :)

/Weebyx

HC
Not Ranked
Oslo, Norway
Posts 76
Bronze Member
HC replied on Mon, Nov 30 2015 8:07 PM

Weebyx:

/Weebyx

Haha, funny! Smile

From "Broen" (season finale in Norway in less than an hour, half of the country is probably tuning in soon):

lupend88
Not Ranked
Posts 35
Bronze Member
lupend88 replied on Tue, Dec 1 2015 12:51 AM

Kanye's "Runaway" film that he directed. He also owns B&O at his personal house. Love or hate the man, he's got great taste!

marexy
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 710
Bronze Member
marexy replied on Tue, Dec 1 2015 8:46 AM

Transformers :)

Cooker
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 116
Bronze Member
Cooker replied on Wed, Dec 2 2015 8:21 AM

Snow Dogs, there's a Beosound 9000 as well.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Wed, Dec 2 2015 7:50 PM

If my BS9000 starts emulating the one in Transformers I'm taking my shotgun to it...

Jeff

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Sat, Dec 5 2015 10:18 PM

Just watched "L'amour dure trois ans", a quite entertaining French movie from 2012 or something. It's full of B&O and Louise Bourgoin.

--mika

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member

HC:

Weebyx:

/Weebyx

Haha, funny! Smile

From "Broen" (season finale in Norway in less than an hour, half of the country is probably tuning in soon):

Running in UK about one week behind Norway.

Are those sub-titles in Norwegian? I always think that Norwegian, Swedish and Danish have just about enough in common for everyone to understand each other. On the other hand in the UK  some people in parts of Scotland need sub-titling for the English!

Graham

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

These are danish.

The original languages (!) are danish and swedish - all swedish is subtitled, when aired in DK.

Broen is a danish/swedish co-production.

Looking forward to a next season 😸

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
Posts 541
Gold Member

At the 2012 visit to B&O in Struer with Beoworld forum, we've been shown a short clip with fragments of movies where B&O equipment was used.

Using B&O, we were told, was often done to genereate an exclusive / expensive feeling to a room / house etc.

The house in the Danish/Swedish series Broen III is packed with B&O, and looking at the cables visible I was wondering if the equipment has been placed there or was already there?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Houses like these are often rented.

I would assume, that the equipment belongs to the house.

Otherweise they probably would have picked some of the newer gear.

MM

ErikVonAgnar
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 193
Bronze Member

In PSYs new music video: Daddy you can see the BL18Smile

//EA

Beo in white is my thingBig Smile

Currently own: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 5, BeoLab 18, BeoRemoteOne, BeoPlay V1-32", BeoRemote4, BeoSound 3200, BeoGram 6500 (MMC-1), BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, LC2, BeoVision MX7000 and BeoLab 3

From the movie Red (2010). Naturally it was used to open a secret passage door.

--

BeoLab 18's. Beolab 3's. A8. A9. A2. H7.

Obviously Batman can afford B&O. From the Dark Knight.

--

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

ErikVonAgnar:

In PSYs new music video: Daddy you can see the BL18Smile

With that tv (in the picture) they are probably using them with the new Connection Hub ;-)))

MM

ErikVonAgnar
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 193
Bronze Member

Haha!

Indeed!

//EA

Beo in white is my thingBig Smile

Currently own: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 5, BeoLab 18, BeoRemoteOne, BeoPlay V1-32", BeoRemote4, BeoSound 3200, BeoGram 6500 (MMC-1), BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, LC2, BeoVision MX7000 and BeoLab 3

The Wolf of Wallstreet. Of course the Swedish Bank uses B&O

--

bidstonhall
Top 200 Contributor
Thailand 5560 miles from Struer
Posts 363
Bronze Member

In the most recent episode of Silent Witness there is an ouverture positioned quite high on a wall, looks like it's not a prop as the trunking for the cables is clearly visible, couldn't see any speakers though 

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Thu, Feb 4 2016 4:09 PM

Just noticed in the series "Sherlock" that Holmes has a horizontally wall mounted BS9000 and a pair of BL8000s in his bedroom at 221b Baker Street.

The house in the American version of "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" that the killer lives in, very posh modern minimalist, has a BS9000 laying flat and a pair of BL5s.

Jeff

Peter the Biker
Top 100 Contributor
Eastwestfalia
Posts 944
Gold Member

As I discovered last night: BeoLab 5 in "Dr Who". But they were called "Daleks" ...

(BBC 2010 with Winston Churchill who used daleks as his secret weapon defending London)

Peter the biker

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member

Episode 8, season 4 of House of cards. A particularly weird scene featuring a pair of H8s.  Clearly the best way to avoid Bluetooth dropouts is not to wear any clothes.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
Duels:

Episode 8, season 4 of House of cards. A particularly weird scene featuring a pair of H8s. Clearly the best way to avoid Bluetooth dropouts is not to wear any clothes.

Well spotted. It was so weird a scene that I missed that they were my H8s Stick out tongue

BeoNut since '75

Edge of Tomorrow.

A pair of BL8000 awkwardly stacked on top of some ugly speakers. 

--

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Fri, Jun 17 2016 1:18 PM

Last night's episode of Million Dollar Listing New York had  a home with several B and O products. A wall mounted Avant was shown as it moved in to position. Also, ceiling mounted speakers that were motorized that I think were B and O and also a glimpse of what I think is an in wall B and O sub? I seem to remember a three piece product like that but do not see it on the web page now.  Also shown was a wall mounted iPad surrounded by a frame that said Bang and Olufsen and the interface/display on the screen said Bang and Olufsen. At one point the realtor described the home as having a complete home automation system by Bang and Olufsen. It even had rain sensors that would automatically close windows if it started raining.

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Fri, Jun 17 2016 1:24 PM

In wall speakers were Beolab 15 and 16.

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

tph
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 161
Bronze Member
tph replied on Fri, Jun 17 2016 1:26 PM

Razlaw:

Also, ceiling mounted speakers that were motorized that I think were B and O and also a glimpse of what I think is an in wall B and O sub? I seem to remember a three piece product like that but do not see it on the web page now.  

Are you thinking of the BeoLab 15/16 combo? It's still there on the old site. http://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/sound/loudspeakers/beolab-15-16

— Tuomas | Bang & Olufsen | Bang & Olufsen Create

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Fri, Jun 24 2016 9:50 PM

tph:

Razlaw:

Also, ceiling mounted speakers that were motorized that I think were B and O and also a glimpse of what I think is an in wall B and O sub? I seem to remember a three piece product like that but do not see it on the web page now.  

Are you thinking of the BeoLab 15/16 combo? It's still there on the old site. http://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/sound/loudspeakers/beolab-15-16

Yes, Beolab 15/16. Watched another episode..more views of the 15s moving, the Avant moving, a room with four 12-3s, and a huge B and O box, perhaps a 75 or 85 inch Avant.

zerocool143
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 94
Bronze Member

From Suits Series

zerocool143
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 94
Bronze Member

Prison Break

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
Posts 938
Bronze Member

From 'Spotless' (Episode 5)

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days ... A B&O horror scene (from the trailer)

BeoNut since '75

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Sep 12 2016 7:14 PM

The movie "Look Who's Back," in the office of the managing director of the TV station there's a Beosound 8 on the shelf to the side of the desk, white grill covers. Funny movie too.

Jeff

soundguysydney
Not Ranked
Sydney, Austrlia
Posts 9
Bronze Member

In Doug Stamper's apartment in House of cards he has;

A Pair of Beolab 6000's

Beosound 5

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Sun, Oct 16 2016 4:48 PM

I just finished watching American Horror Story: Hotel, which is season 5. In the penthouse where the "Countess" lives, there's a stereo on the side, oddly it's a series of large boxes that look expensive, though I can't tell the maker, a turntable, lots of LPs, and a pair of Beolab 12s, not sure which ones but they are aluminum, mounted on low floor stands that sit them close to the floor on each side of the table where the components are, and you can definitely see the ALT lenses. Weird thing is that there are what appear to be amps in the stacks of components.

Jeff

Page 1 of 5 (180 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS