Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

recommended podcasts

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark Posted: Thu, Jan 16 2014 10:53 AM

any recommendations on good podcasts to listen too, mainly technical and geeky please but my iPod will consider any suggestions.

thanks

we tend to forget there is more to design than designing.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 10:56 AM

Mark:

any recommendations on good podcasts to listen too, mainly technical and geeky please but my iPod will consider any suggestions.

Our PC Pro podcast is worth a listen if you're in to PCs, smartphones, tablets and so on: http://podcast.pcpro.co.uk/

You'll be glad to hear I'm not on it though!

Geoff Martin
Top 150 Contributor
Struer, Denmark
Posts 672
Bronze Member

• WNYC's RadioLab
  • BBC Outlook
  • CBC Ideas

I get through at least one episode of at least one those on my commute to and from Struer each day. . . None of them terribly technical. At least one of them could be classified as geeky. All of them worth my time, at least...

Cheers

-g 

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
It's interesting that the media as a whole produces very little about electronics/hifi etc. We get Click on the BBC which is at best a bit feeble. When you consider how much money is spent on it as a consumer it's strange isn't it.

Not a single mainstream programme on computers, consoles and gaming. Even though the revenues for this media is bigger than Hollywood/Bollywood/MP3 and BluRay sales combined!

Maybe it's considered a very masculine subject. Hence why Top Gear was so negatively looked upon by some lovies in the establishment, and thus it's subsequent massive success. Ie a program about blokes enjoying technology blokes are interested in.

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 2:50 PM
Thanks all for your recommendations and have subscribed to them.

Chris you are right and I am surprised to, the Gadget Show is just not what it should be and I know Jason is a clever guy and although I listen to Click I find it not in-depth enough.

Moxxey I would like to hear your comments on air as I always enjoy reading them in print.

we tend to forget there is more to design than designing.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 3:44 PM

Mark:

Moxxey I would like to hear your comments on air as I always enjoy reading them in print.

Thanks. Sadly though the journalists don't like us near their magazine(s), so in the background only, I'm afraid. They do take their jobs seriously. Geeky dedication, perhaps?

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
Posts 938
Bronze Member
riverstyx replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 6:55 PM

BBC Radio 4 Friday night comedy is one of my favorites

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/fricomedy

Martin.

XavierItzmann
Not Ranked
Posts 53
Gold Member

We are partial to The British History Podcast by Jamie Jeffers and to Dan Carlin's Hardcore History.

Most recently we drove through thousands of kilometers of Labrador and of Newfoundland, and surrounding territories, while completely immersed in these two.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS