Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Connecting Apple Express to Beosystem 5000

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Michael Overton
Not Ranked
Northumberland
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Michael Overton Posted: Sat, Jan 18 2014 4:04 PM

Can anyone tell me please if it is possible and if so how, to connect the Apple Express to a Beosystem 5000 in order to stream music/iTunes from my Mac through my B&O system?

Thanks in advance

Mike

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Sat, Jan 18 2014 4:34 PM

Can't help with your particular set-up but I stream from a Roku/ Pinnacle internet radio unit to my Beomaster 2000 by connecting to the tape input. All you need to do is get a cable with the DIN plug for the Beomaster tape socket and a connector to suit your Apple Express output.

I also have the Beomaster and radio unit connected via an extension lead that responds to remote signals for turning the power on and off. The tape switch can be left depressed and the Beomaster effectively controlled remotely.

Graham

Michael Overton
Not Ranked
Northumberland
Posts 2
Bronze Member

Many thanks Graham. It's a start!

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Jan 19 2014 10:21 PM
notrevoekim:

Can anyone tell me please if it is possible and if so how, to connect the Apple Express to a Beosystem 5000 in order to stream music/iTunes from my Mac through my B&O system?

Thanks in advance

Mike

It is possible. We set up my son's home with the 5000 amp and a CD50.

A DIN to mini-jack cable connects TP2 to the airport, and my daughter-in-law streams constantly from her phone - and when we babysit we use my phone's content.

Speakers are CX100s.

BeoNut since '75

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Sun, Jan 19 2014 11:50 PM

elephant:

It is possible. We set up my son's home with the 5000 amp and a CD50.

A DIN to mini-jack cable connects TP2 to the airport, and my daughter-in-law streams constantly from her phone - and when we babysit we use my phone's content.

Speakers are CX100s.

Exactly right, that'll do it. Pros, way cheaper than a Playmaker...cons, the onboard DAC in the Apple is noticeably inferior to that in the Playmaker. Another option if that bothers you is Apple optical digital out to an inexpensive (or expensive depending on your desires) outboard DAC, to the aux input on the Beo. I used a similar setup to connect my PC to my Beosound before I got a Playmaker. 

As the Apple and cable are inexpensive, start with Elephants approach...if you like it, stop there. If you don't like the sound, reevaluate. 

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS