Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Need recommendation - for new foam surround supplier for S50 speakers

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

synth
Top 500 Contributor
Off piste
Posts 105
Bronze Member
synth Posted: Wed, Jan 29 2014 6:27 AM

Hello,

I am re-foaming my old S50 speakers ( the foam ring is perished but they still sound good...) and need the name of a good supplier for these items. The total cost is only about 7 euros, but I want to keep the speaker sound as close to original as possible.

I found these people

http://www.speakerrepairshop.com/index.php?action=page&group_id=10000013&lang=EN

but dont know anything about the stuff they sell.

If anyone knows other reputable suppliers I'd welcome your thoughts/experinces.

Also,can I just replace the foam ring, or do I need to overhaul the rest of the speaker at same time?

Thanks/Danke/Gracie

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 5:23 AM

I repaired the surrounds on a pair of my S55 speakers back in 2010 from that supplier. They sold them from their Ebay store as Good-HiFi.  They now reference the web site you list.  My S55 repair went great and the speakers still sound good.

If you search through the Beoworld repair forum you should be able to find some other suppliers listed.

After I replaced the surrounds I recapped the electrolytic capacitors on the crossover network. I can't say for certain that made any difference but they sound pretty good. I use them in my workshop quite frequently to check out amplifiers as I repair them.

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 5:50 PM

If John says he had good results with that supplier, then that's all the recommendation you need.

synth
Top 500 Contributor
Off piste
Posts 105
Bronze Member
synth replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 10:38 PM

OK thank you - I will use that supplier.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS