Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Bang & Olufsen Beocenter 2500 CD/radio/cassette player beo 2500 speakers

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Banjo1000
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
Banjo1000 Posted: Sat, Mar 1 2014 3:52 PM

Hi,

I have saved up and spent a lot of money on this new to me system and I am having problems with the speakers.Right speaker(active) led green light comes on for a second and then goes red...The speaker flexes/moves for a second and then back to red.I have changed all cables around so I know they are o.k As anybody any idea what the fault might be?

Second problem is with the beocentre...C.D problem.. It sometimes jumps while playing a disc even brand new ones and occasionally when the doors shut it will jump. Any help would be great especially with first problem

Thank you

Banjo

Jonathan
Top 75 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
Posts 1,811
Bronze Member

I think this is in the wrong place...

x:________________________

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
Posts 1,106
Bronze Member

You bought a 20+ year old system that obviously has problems.  Inform the seller if you haven't already.  I can't help you with the speaker problem but with regard to the CD player, make sure the CD drive mechanism transport screw is disengaged.  Raise the CD clamper and see if you can turn the screw counter-clockwise.  The CD mechanism is supposed to feel springy.  Also, try cleaning the CD lens by brushing it lightly with a Q-Tip dampened with rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS