Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound 9000 sledge touches the back of the CDs

rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 2 Followers

becho4
Not Ranked
Posts 34
Bronze Member
becho4 Posted: Sat, Mar 8 2014 9:29 PM

Hi,

I just bought a Beosound 9000 Mk3 and noticed that sledge touches the back of the CDs when moving from one CD to another one.

I found nothing related to this in the B&O service manual. There are some posts in this forum but coudn't find any other solution than visiting the B&O shop (which I would like to avoid).

I have removed the CD clamper and had a look at the sledge looking for some screws to adjust the distance to the CDs but found nothing.

The sledge doesn't touch the CDs in horizontal position on a table but it does on the vertical stand. I saw that the CD mechanism is hold by 4 springs with foam inside so I assume that on the table the weight of the mechanism is enough to compress a little bit the springs increasing the gap.

Is there something wore out? Is it posible to adjust the gap in some way? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Alfonso

valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
Posts 1,502
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Sat, Mar 8 2014 10:01 PM

becho4:
The sledge doesn't touch the CDs in horizontal position on a table but it does on the vertical stand.

There is an adjustment on the back of the 9000 for vertical table and horizontal use. Have you tried that ?

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Sat, Mar 8 2014 10:03 PM

If springs are adjusted the right way, replace the rockerarm. Common fault.

Replaced by removing bottomplate for acces.

becho4
Not Ranked
Posts 34
Bronze Member
becho4 replied on Sun, Mar 9 2014 8:39 PM

Yes, it is in the correct position according to the manual

becho4
Not Ranked
Posts 34
Bronze Member

You mean replacing just item "9134 Rocker arm" in the diagram?

Does B&O sell that component individually?

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Mon, Mar 10 2014 7:07 AM

Yes, that's him.

Sold separately if your dealer is willing to.

Replace the rocker arm by removing the bottom-plate. Mind the ground leads which are connected to the plate.

becho4
Not Ranked
Posts 34
Bronze Member

I have inspected the rocker arm and everything looks ok to me. I see no sign of wear or bending.

I understand that the problem could be that the rocker arm doesn't pull up enough for the CD mechanism, but I tried to pull up using a screwdriver on the CD mechanism handle and I didn't feel there was any clearance.

I'm curious, what could be wrong with this rocker arm?

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Tue, Mar 11 2014 8:07 AM

Correct.

You can't see that the arm is bend. Only next to a new one will show you the difference.

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Tue, Mar 11 2014 8:10 AM

Don't forget to transfer the transparent piece at the "handle" side.

becho4
Not Ranked
Posts 34
Bronze Member
becho4 replied on Wed, Mar 12 2014 9:39 AM

I was able to slightly bend the arm using a hammer with a rubber tip (out of the beosound of course). After some trial and error the Beosound 9000 works fine again.

I think the arm is made of a magnesium alloy which is easy to deform.

Thank you very much for your help Beobuddy!

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Wed, Mar 12 2014 9:57 AM

You're welcome Yes - thumbs up

I change them regularly as they are only a few euro's. I don't know how long it will last when you bend them.

bigbruggsy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 131
Silver Member

Sorry for bringing an old thread back to life. But I think my Beosound 9000 rocker arm is also bent. Where can you purcahse these from Beobuddy? online? or only from a B&O dealer?

Beolab 8000 x 2

Beolab 1

Beolab 2

Beovision 7-40

Beosound 9000

Beosound Ouverture

Beolit 12

Bill Briscoe
Top 500 Contributor
Chicago, IL USA
Posts 165
Gold Member

Hi,

I think I can add some info to this. When I removed the rocker arm from my unit I showed it to my friend who is a structural engineer. He laughed and said there was no way that part would bend in the unit after looking over the mechanicals. I purchased and installed the new part anyway and problem solved. I also compared the old to the new and didn't notice any difference.

I am now looking at another new rocker arm compared to the old defective one. They line up perfectly in all respects when on a flat level surface.  The small rubber sleeve, part # 3333022, Damper f/rocker arm, which is number 46 in the diagram in the MKIII service manual is visibly worn, but hard to notice. Upon further inspection with a magnifying glass and xacto-blade, I can see that it is torn and there is a small flap that exposes the bare metal.

My guess is that over time the metal edge of the slot on the arm that the rocker slips into cuts into the rubber and there can be some sideways movement.  This causes the torn rubber to move out of the way and expose the metal below, which is enough of a height difference to cause the mechanism to retract less than it should, and then scrape the top of the CDs.   I don't know where the contact is made that causes the clunky noise we hear.  I'm sure someone with much more experience has identified the point of contact.

I purchased a couple of extra rubber dampers for the future as they cost nearly nothing. I suppose one could just rotate the damper 180 degrees on its shaft and then glue the torn section (which is very small), but the part is still available.

bigbruggsy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 131
Silver Member

Thanks Bill, that sounds plausible to me. Where can you buy the rubber dampers from?

Beolab 8000 x 2

Beolab 1

Beolab 2

Beovision 7-40

Beosound 9000

Beosound Ouverture

Beolit 12

Bill Briscoe
Top 500 Contributor
Chicago, IL USA
Posts 165
Gold Member

send me a pm with your mailing address info and I'll send you one.

Peter
Top 500 Contributor
Siemianowice Sl., Poland
Posts 111
Bronze Member
Peter replied on Sat, Jan 4 2020 10:10 AM

Guys,

could you make a photo of that damper  ?

Bill Briscoe
Top 500 Contributor
Chicago, IL USA
Posts 165
Gold Member

if you check the first page of this post there is a picture of the rocker arm by itself and the rocker arm installed in the 9000. The damper is the "clear" or white piece of tube on the left side of the rocker arm at the rear in the photo of the rocker arm. In the photo of the rocker arm installed it can be seen under the red arrow marked "handle". It is #46 in the exploded diagram from the service manual.

Samsembi
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
Samsembi replied on Sat, Feb 19 2022 12:15 AM

Dear sir I have the same problem when the cd changer move to another cd I can hear rubbing click sound can you please kindly send me where did you bought the rubber number 46 ? Part 33333022 please my email is sam97can@yahoo.com thank you 

Samsembi
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member

Dear sir I have the same problem when the cd changer move to another cd I can hear rubbing click sound can you please kindly send me where did you bought the rubber number 46 ? Part 33333022 please my email is sam97can@yahoo.com thank you 

Samsembi
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member

Samsembi
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member

Samsembi
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member

Samsembi
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
Samsembi replied on Sat, Feb 19 2022 12:21 AM

Dear sir you please send me the link where to buy the rubber 46 on the drawing part number 3333022 please my email is sam97can@yahoo.com thank you 

Page 1 of 1 (23 items) | RSS