Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 8 - IR electrosmog?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

synth
Top 500 Contributor
Off piste
Posts 105
Bronze Member
synth Posted: Thu, Apr 26 2012 10:48 PM

Hi

I have just started using my bv8-32 and i noticed at teh same time my foxtel box is not reponding well to its remote, in fact at times you had to almost have the remote against the foxtel box for it to work.

I placed some brown coloured opaque masking tape over the foxtel box IR receiver and this seemed to mostly fix the issue.

We moved house and have a room with larger windows, but the ammount of ambient light isnt greatly changed from the old house. We dont have any sources of IR that I'm aware of. We do have 5.8 GHz portable house phones but thats not IR band.

The foxtel box sits close to the ground on a temporary tv stand, with the bv 20cm above it. Previously the foxtel box sat to the side of our old Sony flat screen trintron tv and worked fine.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? Do LCD tvs throw out IR radiation from the screens?

Any thoughts welcome.

Maurice
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 108
Bronze Member
Maurice replied on Mon, May 14 2012 11:56 PM
Hi

I am not sure if this will help you or not but I have a BV8-32 which is set up with a humax box via a IR Blaster lead. initially it would sort of work with what could only be described as Hit and miss response to the remote, I could change channels with the arrows but not by the keypad numbers on the beo4 It was all due to the humax screen resolution being set on 1080i as a default. Go to your settings on your foxtel config and see if it's poss to adjust the screen resolution to 720p, this is also the resolution for the BV8.

sorry if it's a bit long winded explanation but it may be a help.

Regards Maurice
John
Top 500 Contributor
Yorkshire England
Posts 104
Bronze Member
John replied on Thu, May 17 2012 8:18 AM

Hi, Could it be the lights in your room interfering? I have just bought an old Beocenter 7002 and  10 - 20 seconds after swiching room  lights on,  the 7002  WAIT!  sign flashes 5 times (the room has five CFLs)  I have not tried it with a different brand of bulb yet but the command is standby which is annoying if I am listening to set at the time. Putting my hand over the sensor proves signal is entering by the sensor and not mains wiring 

John.

synth
Top 500 Contributor
Off piste
Posts 105
Bronze Member
synth replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 3:35 AM

I received a polarising filter for the remote control sensor on my Foxtel box and that has fixed it.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS