Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BC 5000 Stack complete

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 0 Followers

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member
Søren Mexico Posted: Tue, Mar 13 2012 11:27 PM

Look here what I just bought.

@Eugene, thank you for your offer, he wanted to sell me his best BM 5000. I really will remember this and if I ever get a chance to help you, I'm there.

@Leslie, thank you for the tip, really appreciate the way you help me everybody else, you sir, are the what Beoworld is about. 

And today is my birthdayBig SmileGiftCake

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Mar 13 2012 11:31 PM

Søren Mexico:

Must be close to being your best ever !

Congratulations X 2 Smile

BeoNut since '75

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

elephant:

Søren Mexico:

Must be close to being your best ever !

Congratulations X 2 Smile

Not my best ever, but No.2, the best ever I cant tell about here, they will cancel the thread and me forever from the forumDevil

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Mar 13 2012 11:47 PM

Happy birthday! And congratulations on the system.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Jeff:

Happy birthday! And congratulations on the system.

Thanks Jeff, the 5K system will be playing with the BV 3000 flat I bought from you, amazing small speakers, I put new fabric on them (dark Blue), done, plays very nice.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Mar 14 2012 1:34 AM

Søren Mexico:
Not my best ever, but No.2, the best ever I cant tell about here, they will cancel the thread and me forever from the forumDevil

I thought of suggesting that your best ever would have been something like that ... but didn't for the same concerns you had Devil

BeoNut since '75

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

Tillykke med fødselsdagen Søren, og tillykke med Beosystem 5000 Smile

Vinyl records, cassettes, open reel, valve amplifiers and film photography.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Thank you for all congratulations, and I forgot to post this one, I was too exited I think.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Report from South Texas:

All the items arrived, and when checking for shipping damages, I found that the plastic feet on the BM had broken of, the  BM was packed OK bobble wrap, and a lot of this white cell stuff, and double boxed, the Beocord and the CD50 was even better packed, each unit in 5 meter bobble wrap, the box bottom had a whole plate of 5 cm cell stuff, chips, between the units another cell stuff plate and 1 million chips, 1A packing, non damages what so ever, the remote came in a single box, the remote was vrapped in a single sheet of food wrap plastic and the box filled with wrinkled news paper sheets, so the remote was bounching around in the box.

The good news, opened the units and checked for loose parts and visually checked for burnt or damaged components, everything OK, connected the BM to power, small red dot showed, connected a headset and scanned for a FM station, 107.5 it found one, without antenna LOCKED, STEREO, clear , but a little muffled sound. Connected the Beocord, pressed open, scratch, scratch, we know that sound, opened the drawer, placed a cassette in the drawer, choose TAPE1 pressed play, plays nice and clear with an 15 years old cassette, Papa Bues Viking Jazz Band, Danish and lovelySmile, Connected the CD with RCA plug cable, the 7 pin cable missing, pressed open, slowly it opened, disc plate wery dusty, placed a CD upside down, pressed load, i      t loaded slowly, pressed play, the track numbers came up, the play counter started running, no sound, forgot to select tape2 where I connected the the RCAs. Janis Joplin started screaming out her heart, works like a charm, the seller will cry himself to sleep, he told me that non of the 2 devices worked, the BC would not open, the CD could not read the disks, in the CD he didnt know that you have to place the disc upside downBig Smile.

The remote works too, but the left display is totally crazy, shows diagonal red lines and a yellow broken line in the middle when pressing volume up down, but it does regulate volume, bass, balance and trebble.

I'm happy, end of report from hot sunny South Texas.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 9:35 PM

Søren Mexico:
I'm happy, end of report from hot sunny South Texas.

And we are happy that everything has come up roses !!!

Pity about the MCP - it will be interesting to see if you can work a miracle of TLC on it.

BeoNut since '75

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Sun, Mar 25 2012 12:28 PM

About the lack of treble of the tuner, my 5500 also sounds muffled (tuner only). I think I've read such complaints in the old forum. 

My Beomaster 8000 tuner sounds much brighter.

Jacques

jam57
Not Ranked
Denver CO
Posts 37
Bronze Member
jam57 replied on Sun, Mar 25 2012 3:39 PM

Congratulations Soren. I only have a half stack myself BM5000 and CD50.with RL60's Good luck getting the MCP working correctly and keep us informed. I do have an MCP that I cannabilized so I'll follow along with your project.

John

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Got everything home OK, Connected the BM to my BG and started checking the MCU, reading the manual I found out that the "diagonal" stripes on the left display is like it should be and its working perfectly.

The CD50 and the Beocord I want to clean and check before connecting them again, look at all the dust on the CD

and here the pics from unpacking.

Here the BM, double boxed, the outer box looked a little bounched

Inside the box it looked better, someone at least tried to do some good packing, with what he had handy.

Inner box

And at last the BM 5000 wrapped in Walmart plastic bags.

And thats where he missed, I think a couple of layers of bobble wrap would have saved the plastic feets. Upon the BM the broken feet.

The Beocord and the 50CD was packed in the same box, not double boxed, but very good packing

The 2 units was wrapped in more layers of bobble wrap and in the bottom and between the units a sheet of unicell.

The remote not so, some wrinkled newspaper pages and the remote wrapped in food wrapper.

Here the units together, some cleaning and polishing to do.

Here home in Mexico playing with my BG 5000, I had saved the 2 pins from the 7 pin DIN, screwed them in, connected, works

valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
Posts 1,502
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Wed, Mar 28 2012 7:38 AM

Nice when it all comes together - enjoy !

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 881
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Wed, Mar 28 2012 11:59 AM
The system looks pretty good. Hotel California is a great album to introduce the full system to your home. I hope you have many years of enjoyment.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, 2014 Audi S5 with B&O sound, and ambio 

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Wed, Mar 28 2012 5:46 PM

Very cool, Soren.  Happy birthday again!

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Thu, Mar 29 2012 12:47 AM

Søren Mexico:

The remote works too, but the left display is totally crazy, shows diagonal red lines and a yellow broken line in the middle when pressing volume up down, but it does regulate volume, bass, balance and trebble.

-so You found out that it's supposed to look that way Stick out tongueLaughing

Actually quite funny they designed the display that way -looks like a twister...

Congrats with Your complete 5000 stack. A wonderful system. Cool

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Steffen:
-so You found out that it's supposed to look that way Stick out tongueLaughing

Laughing I'm used to the 6500 MCP it looks different, I'll have to write the seller and ask forgiveness for my angry mailWhistleLaughing

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS