Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Problems with Beoport

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

sapmi
Not Ranked
Switzerland
Posts 32
Bronze Member
sapmi Posted: Mon, Apr 28 2014 5:36 PM

Hello it's me again...

First of all, thank you all who answered me for the copies without Beoconnect.

However, I have little problems with Beoport (I really have not any luck, do I? ^_^

When I first download from Bang/olufsen site, I have the Beoport control bar (on the right side of the PC with the four colours as on the Beo4), but when I switch off my computer and restart again later, I have the control bar from Beoplayer. How should I do, so that the Beoport control bar stay?

The second problem is that I have all my music in Beomaster 5 in AAC and it doesn't copy all of my music from there. I know that Beoport goes with Windows Media Player, which has MP3 format but it should support AAC format from Beomaster 5 connected. How should I do to have all my music in it with AAC?

Thank you again for all information added. Best wishes.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, Apr 28 2014 7:31 PM

sapmi:
When I first download from Bang/olufsen site, I have the Beoport control bar (on the right side of the PC with the four colours as on the Beo4), but when I switch off my computer and restart again later, I have the control bar from Beoplayer. How should I do, so that the Beoport control bar stay?

Sounds like the PC has lost its USB connection to the BeoPort.

Q1a) Did you also power off the BeoPort ?

Q1b) Did you disconnect the BeoPort from the PC ?

sapmi:
The second problem is that I have all my music in Beomaster 5 in AAC and it doesn't copy all of my music from there. I know that Beoport goes with Windows Media Player, which has MP3 format but it should support AAC format from Beomaster 5 connected. How should I do to have all my music in it with AAC?

Q2a) Can your PC play an AAC file using the Windows Media Player ?

BeoNut since '75

sapmi
Not Ranked
Switzerland
Posts 32
Bronze Member
sapmi replied on Wed, Apr 30 2014 4:48 PM

I don't think so but how should I do it?

sapmi
Not Ranked
Switzerland
Posts 32
Bronze Member
sapmi replied on Wed, Apr 30 2014 4:48 PM

I don't think so but how should I do it?

sapmi
Not Ranked
Switzerland
Posts 32
Bronze Member
sapmi replied on Wed, Apr 30 2014 4:58 PM

Oh God, I firstly told you twice, but it is false... I think it is yes, because I have all my music there also, as well as it is on ITunes. Sorry

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Apr 30 2014 9:09 PM

sapmi:

Oh God, I firstly told you twice, but it is false... I think it is yes, because I have all my music there also, as well as it is on ITunes. Sorry

Maybe I need some sleep :) but I found your answer too confusing.

I have edited my post so the questions are numbered and so that you can then number your answers, e.g.:

A1a) xxxx xxx xx x

BeoNut since '75

sapmi
Not Ranked
Switzerland
Posts 32
Bronze Member
sapmi replied on Wed, Apr 30 2014 10:30 PM

Sorry...

Questions 1 a and b are resolved, thank you...

And for the second question... I have seen that my library was damaged in the Windows Media. What I don't understand is that Beconnect doesn't appear now. I always have Beoconnect in my PC but nothing is happening when I want to open it and my Beomaster 5 is not written under my list of external hard disk...

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Fri, May 2 2014 11:52 PM

sapmi:

And for the second question... I have seen that my library was damaged in the Windows Media. What I don't understand is that Beconnect doesn't appear now. I always have Beoconnect in my PC but nothing is happening when I want to open it and my Beomaster 5 is not written under my list of external hard disk...

It seems you have lost a connection somewhere between the Mac and the BM5 - perhaps the BeoPort's player has messed up those connections - I am not a LAN guy so I don't know where to start :(

Also when you say the library has been damaged ... do you mean the files have been corrupted ? or the directories mixed up ? or that you can simply not see it on the LAN ?

BeoNut since '75

sapmi
Not Ranked
Switzerland
Posts 32
Bronze Member
sapmi replied on Mon, May 5 2014 10:37 PM

I think everything has been resolved. But to be sure, I will erase all my Library in the Windows Media Player because I have many songs double or triple. I will make a copy from Beomaster 5 as well as ITunes...

Then I think the copy in Beoport will be ok as I only choose one (Windows or ITunes)

Do Beoport read AAC files from Windows Media Player? I think so as Beomaster put the songs in it... But sometimes, the covers of the albums are false and I don't know how to change them.

It is simple in ITunes...

sapmi
Not Ranked
Switzerland
Posts 32
Bronze Member
sapmi replied on Mon, May 5 2014 10:37 PM

I think everything has been resolved. But to be sure, I will erase all my Library in the Windows Media Player because I have many songs double or triple. I will make a copy from Beomaster 5 as well as ITunes...

Then I think the copy in Beoport will be ok as I only choose one (Windows or ITunes)

Do Beoport read AAC files from Windows Media Player? I think so as Beomaster put the songs in it... But sometimes, the covers of the albums are false and I don't know how to change them.

It is simple in ITunes...

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS