Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

MCL2P not powering up

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

madskp
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 321
Gold Member
madskp Posted: Sun, May 6 2012 11:15 AM

I just acquired a MCL2P unit that I wan't to use for connecting a set of passive speakers to my BV8 40".

When I connect it I get the red standby light but when i turn on the TV the light stays red and there is no sound comming out of the speakers.

I have tried with two different powerlink cables with no difference.

It works fine when I connect a set of Beolab 4's

Anyone have a hint on what i might have overlooked? Or will this not work at all?

Magnus
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
Posts 331
Gold Member
Magnus replied on Sun, May 6 2012 11:19 AM

What type are your Powerlink cables? They must be mk. 2 to work with the Passive (mk. 3 will work with Beolab 4 but not the Passive).

Mk. 2 are fully wired, while mk. 1/3 are not.

If they have a triangel on the plug that means they are mk. 3.

Magnus

Vienna
Top 100 Contributor
make an educated guess
Posts 1,090
Bronze Member
Vienna replied on Sun, May 6 2012 12:40 PM

As Magnus already mentioned - you need a FULLY MOUNTED = ALL 8 PINS WIRED PowerLink Cable.

There have been approx 10 different types of PoweLink-Cables over the last 25 years - most of them
have been discontinued.

Maybe your dealer has some of these discontinued FULLY MOUNTED PL cables (eg PoweLink MK2) still on stock.

If he has to order a new cable from B&O only two types out of all recent PL-Cables are suitable to connect a MCL2P:

B&O Order # 6271227 -  DIN 8pin<> DIN 8pin - 5 m  Black
B&O Order # 6271228 -  DIN 8pin<> DIN 8pin - 10 m Black

madskp
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 321
Gold Member
madskp replied on Sun, May 6 2012 12:51 PM

Ok I got it to work with a cable i found in my basement, so I Guess that is an MK2 cable. 

The wierd thing is that of the two other I tried the one had the triangle marking and must therefore be MK3 but the other was thicker and didn't have it.

I got bot of the very recently so I am a little in doubt what MK the one without the triangles are.

Anyway, the important thing is that its now working.

Thanks guys

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS