Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocord 7000 belt replacement tutorial

This post has 26 Replies | 2 Followers

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx Posted: Wed, Dec 31 2014 2:21 PM

Hi and a Happy New Year to all :)

My latest project is getting my Beocord 7000 back to life.

Dillen (Martin) is the supplier of a new belt set, fast and quick delivery, so if you need belts for your Beocord, just ask Dillen in a PM, he will hook you up :)

Even though Dillen supplies a very good description on how to change the belts, I have decided to take some pictures and share them with you..

This tutorial is for the latest version of the BC7000 tape deck with 3 belts, there are also a version with only 1 belt. I guess the BC 6500 might be similar, but i really don't know.

Step 1:

Loosen the 2 screws on the back on the Beocord, but don't remove them, just loosen and then press them upwards and tighten at the top.

Step 2:

I forgot to take pictures of the button panel removal, but it is fastened to the left and right, and just above the tape deck.

Rremove the lid by pressing it slightly back, aprox 1 cm, end lift it up, then remove the red holders for the circuit board, be very careful, the plastic is old and not very flexible any more, so don't use to much force.

Step 3:

Remove the 2 screws to the left and right of the front panel, and tilt it forward, just enough to release the holders for the circuit board.

Step 4:

Remove the connector for the tape deck, and lift up the circuit board, I decided to just loosen both of the metal holders and remove the circuit board completely, but it is not necessary. Then remove the 3 screws that holds the tape deck, and remove the connector to the bottom print. Then take the deck out.

Step 5:

I forgot to take pictures on how to remove the black plastic from the tapedeck, but it is just 4 screws holding it.

The 2 small belts can then be removed (my pictures shows the new fitted).

Step 6:

To get to the big flat belt, the metal housing holding the brass wheel, needs to be removed, on each side of the deck, there are screws holding this bracket, one side has 2 screws that also holds the speed-sensor, remove these 3 screws, and with the use of a small flathead screwdriver, it is possible to "click" the bracket loose and remove it. Notice that the belt is running along the white wheel attached to the brass wheel (my picture is the new belt).

Step 7:

Even though it should be possible to fit the new belt without removing the print, I decided to remove it for better access.. It is easy.. Just unsolder the 2 connectors to the left and right on the print, and press the plastic holder to the left, and lift the board up. This is the old belt.

Step 8:

Fit the new belt and make sure it runs fine along the black wheel.. Remember that when you re-attach the metal bracket, you need to get the belt around the white wheel also, It can be tricky, but I used a "thick" metal stick to stretch the belt around the white wheel just before the bracket was clicked into place.. Just don't use pliers or pointy/sharp thingies, as you might damage your new belt.

Step 9:

Put it all back together and find a tape and try it out... It works :)

Hope this will help others :)

/Weebyx

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Wed, Dec 31 2014 2:39 PM

Thanks for that, tremendous work that is!

You are now part of the gang, big time Smile

Jacques

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Wed, Dec 31 2014 2:42 PM

Great job Jacob, that's the way, less talk and lots of pictures...

By the way, I miss a picture between step 8 and 9, a 3rd hand was needed right? :-)

Brengen & Ophalen

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Wed, Dec 31 2014 2:50 PM

Leslie:

Great job Jacob, that's the way, less talk and lots of pictures...

By the way, I miss a picture between step 8 and 9, a 3rd hand was needed right? :-)

I did it on my own, with 2 hands only :)

I suspect you are missing the way to get the belt around the white wheel ? It can be done, and I have just edited the text for step 6 with how to do this, the last picture in step 6 shows the amount of "open" the metal bracket can be, to be able to "pull" the belt around the white wheel.

/Weebyx

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Wed, Dec 31 2014 2:59 PM

Still a great thread. Did this excercise many time but I don't think you can't replace this belt without removing the pcb first. Same excercise for the glassdoor systems like Ouverture etc.

Brengen & Ophalen

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Wed, Dec 31 2014 3:14 PM

Leslie:

Still a great thread. Did this excercise many time but I don't think you can't replace this belt without removing the pcb first. Same excercise for the glassdoor systems like Ouverture etc.

It should be possible to get the flat belt in between the PCB and the black wheel, but in the service manual it is also mentioned to remove the PCB, it is much much easier, and you are sure it runs and fits perfectly, and is not damaged by the soldering's at the bottom of the PCB..

/Weebyx

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Wed, Dec 31 2014 5:26 PM

Thanks Weebyx, very nice post that should be useful to many people. 6500 is very similar - I believe only the latest 7000 'cords have the (simplified?) one belt version of the mechanism.

--mika

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Thu, Jan 1 2015 4:44 PM

tournedos:

Thanks Weebyx, very nice post that should be useful to many people. 6500 is very similar - I believe only the latest 7000 'cords have the (simplified?) one belt version of the mechanism.

According to the Service Manual I have(and also information from Dillen), the "Tape Deck Version 2" is the one with 3 belts instead of 1.. ?

/Weebyx

MrRoast
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 340
Bronze Member
MrRoast replied on Tue, Sep 15 2015 3:45 PM

@Weebyx

Thank you for this very helpful and informative post! Just followed it to replace the belts in my Beocord.

Yes - thumbs up

Philip1966
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member

Thank you VERY MUCH.

Without this tutorial I would have NEVER done it.

So easy.

Now my Beocord 7000 is back to life.

Regards

Perl
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
Perl replied on Fri, May 12 2017 9:08 PM

Hej. Har fulgt din fine tutorial, men sidder med et bælte der er for stort. Bestilte hjem til en 3300, selvom det er en 3500. Ved du om der er forskel på de to typer bælter? Mvh

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sat, May 13 2017 7:33 AM

Beocord 3300 og 3500 er vidt forskellige. Og det er remmene også.

Hvorfor i alverden bestilte du ikke til den rigtige model???

Nå, men jeg har korrekte remme til dem begge. Send mig en email.

Martin

Perl
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
Perl replied on Sat, May 13 2017 12:09 PM

Godt spørgsmål :-)

Men når jeg søgte hos Thakken.de havde vist ikke til 3500, så jeg har nok læst forkert :-(

Gary Nelson
Not Ranked
United Kingdom
Posts 52
Bronze Member

Weebyx,

can I add my word of thanks as well?

Without your tutorial I think that it would have been too much for a mere amateur like me to contemplate.

New belts on the Beogram 7000 means that with Beoworld's help I now have my BS7000 up and running again, such joy.

great stuff

Gary

bvalat
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
bvalat replied on Sat, Jan 26 2019 12:29 PM

Hope you still read/follow this post.

I registered to thank you.

Without your tutorial, i won't be able to fix my beocord 7000.

I didn't unsolder pcb and put back the white pulley was tricky but other than that your instructions where straight forward. 

boblaza
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
boblaza replied on Sun, Mar 29 2020 2:11 AM

Great tutorial.   Very helpful.  Thanks.

vespa
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
vespa replied on Wed, Jul 15 2020 4:00 PM

Hi

thanks a lot for this great tutorial.

I was wondering if anyof you can direct me (or share) the dimensions of the tape rubber belt for the ouverture and for the century.

I found that the ouverture should be 8.5cm diameter and 5 mm width but not sure is correct. No data found for the century one.

thanks a lot for your help

stay safe!!

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Jul 15 2020 4:58 PM

vespa:

Hi

thanks a lot for this great tutorial.

I was wondering if anyof you can direct me (or share) the dimensions of the tape rubber belt for the ouverture and for the century.

I found that the ouverture should be 8.5cm diameter and 5 mm width but not sure is correct. No data found for the century one.

thanks a lot for your help

stay safe!!

I can supply correct cassette belts for both - and many others.
Email or PM me.

Martin

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Malmo, Sweden
Posts 314
Bronze Member
kimhav replied on Fri, Apr 23 2021 1:36 PM

Question whether this is due to that the tape belts are slipping or what; but when I'm fast-forwarding or rewinding tapes I've noticed that it's goes quite fast in the beginning of the tape but once it hits 50% of the tape and get closer to the end ~20% it goes slower and it's not like it's adjusting to the near end it more like it's struggling to fast-foward or rewinding the tape. Belts or something else?

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Fri, Apr 23 2021 1:46 PM

If belts are not new - replace belts.

If belts are new:
Bad running tape and/or motor in need of lubrication and/or (depending on drive version) need for lubrication of idler wheel(s) etc.

Martin

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Malmo, Sweden
Posts 314
Bronze Member
kimhav replied on Fri, Apr 23 2021 2:11 PM

Martin, would do you use for lubricate for motor? For the idler wheels I assume it's lithium grease being used.

Layesera
Not Ranked
Posts 19
Bronze Member
Layesera replied on Wed, Jul 21 2021 6:22 PM

I have just completed the work on my Beocord 7000. Replaced all th belts and gave it a good clean. Thee one problem i have is when I replace th top securely the control buttons are catching the top on it's way out and in. There is no way to adjust the hieght so I don't know why this is happening. I like you was very grateful for the tutorial. Now going to try and make some stands for my B & O RL140 speakers.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Jul 21 2021 8:15 PM

Layesera:

control buttons are catching the top on it's way out and in.

Check that the button panel sits correcty in the groove at the inside top of the front panel.

Martin

Layesera
Not Ranked
Posts 19
Bronze Member
Layesera replied on Thu, Jul 22 2021 10:09 AM

Thanks for that, That was part of the problem, also the ribbon cable is hard and pressing up on the control board. I am frightened to force it too much, also but looking closely the front panel is slightly curved as is the top. I think it has been stored badly. I bought the whole 7000 system off someone who didn't really care about it. The Beocord had ordinary elastic band around the pulleys, there are only two of the red clips that hold the board down and for some reason all the pulleys were covered in this hard white stuff which took me ages to clean. He also removed all the rubber feet for some reason or the other. Anyway, it is all working great now, Thanks again for your help. I have sent off the cartridge for the Beogram to be repaired and when that arrives it's complete.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Thu, Jul 22 2021 2:01 PM

The white stuff is most likely some kind of "rubber rejuvenator" or other miracle-spray-on-and-it-will-fix-all-your-problems agent.
Functionality is usually doubtful and always short-lived, but it's safe to say that most of this stuff leaves a mess beyond description.

New rubber feet, belts, drawer tires etc. can be found in Beoparts-shop.

Martin

Layesera
Not Ranked
Posts 19
Bronze Member
Layesera replied on Thu, Jul 22 2021 3:19 PM

Thanks for that, Every bit of information is helpful. It's all a learning curve with this gear.

Layesera
Not Ranked
Posts 19
Bronze Member
Layesera replied on Thu, Jul 22 2021 3:19 PM

Thanks for that, Every bit of information is helpful. It's all a learning curve with this gear.

Page 1 of 1 (27 items) | RSS