Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram via MCL converter ?

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

François
Not Ranked
Paris
Posts 43
Bronze Member
François Posted: Sun, May 3 2015 12:04 PM

I have a Beosound Ouverture and Beogram 3500

I plug my Beogram  on the AUX input of the Ouverture

I am sick and tired to plug the Beogram and unplug it  when I want to listen to music from my iPhone

I am wondering :

If I connect the Beogram by Masterlink  using a MCL connverter, does it will work ?

Does my Ouverture will display "PHONO"  and reconize the Beogram as a turntable (not only a AUX imput) ?

Thank you for reading me
Regards from France 

Beovision 5, Beosound 3200, Beolab 2000, Beolab 3500, Beolab 4000, Beolab 6000, Beolab 11,  Beocom 6000, Beocom 4, Beolit 12

Brian
Not Ranked
California
Posts 72
Bronze Member
Brian replied on Sun, May 3 2015 4:33 PM

You probably just need an aux input switch box. Hook the iPhone and Beogram to it, and select the source desired.

François
Not Ranked
Paris
Posts 43
Bronze Member

Thank you for answering
I already think about a switchbox but :

I just can't find a 7pin switchbox

I am a little bit lazy  : if I need to turn the button, it is the same for me to plug and unplug the Beogram or iPhone

I already tried to use an Y splitter on the AUX input, but the sound is really bad and I need to unplug the power supply of Beogram

Why ? because the datalink cable of the Beogram is an Output, and I don't think it is a good thing for it to get power in (even if it comes from the iPhone)

What do you think about it ? 

Beovision 5, Beosound 3200, Beolab 2000, Beolab 3500, Beolab 4000, Beolab 6000, Beolab 11,  Beocom 6000, Beocom 4, Beolit 12

Brian
Not Ranked
California
Posts 72
Bronze Member
Brian replied on Mon, May 4 2015 7:04 AM

François:

...I just can't find a 7pin switchbox....if I need to turn the button, it is the same for me to plug and unplug the Beogram or iPhone...What do you think about it ? 

It shouldn't be too hard to build a 7-pin switch box if you're handy with tools. But you would still be stuck with a manual switch to select the source. I guess a ML converter should work too, without a manual switch. Maybe others could answer that question better than I.

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Mon, May 4 2015 10:54 AM

Did you think about a Beolink active? Connect a BL active to ML socket on your Ouverture, connect Beolabs to Powerlink sockets in the BL active, connect your idevice to PC input, keep the Beogram connected to AUX input. Set Ouverure to A.OPT 0, set BL active to L.OPT 5 et voila...

If you will expand your setup, you can use the BL active as linkstation in an extra linkroom...

Main difference to your converter solution will be, you `ll need an extra ir eye to the active.

As far as I remember oneremote or Bosscom have ipod/iphone docking stations, that can be controled via it`s own ir eye with Beo remotes...

Another option can be the oneremote audio expander. Connect that one to the AUX socket, and you can plug three analog/stereo sources to the expander. The sources can be selected with Beo remotes. Disadvantage: you won`t be able to control your Beogram via remote, just to select the source. I think oneremote.dk is the site..(?)

Stefan

Wouter
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 302
Bronze Member
Wouter replied on Mon, May 4 2015 11:28 AM

Or buy one of these.

Wouter

François
Not Ranked
Paris
Posts 43
Bronze Member

Thank you so much for answering

the AUX expender is exactly what I need

I just didn't know B&O have built it

meeci from France

Lee
Top 150 Contributor
Newcastle upon Tyne UK
Posts 734
Bronze Member
Lee replied on Mon, May 4 2015 4:13 PM
The AUX expanders are quite rare. So good luck finding one. I've been looking for years :-(
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

That is correct - you would be very fortunate, if you would find one.

I'd go for one of the the solutions, that Stefan has described above.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Just remembered...

try this one:

http://soundsheavenly.com/bang-olufsen/11--aux-y-7pin-.html

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

François
Not Ranked
Paris
Posts 43
Bronze Member
François replied on Tue, May 12 2015 8:36 PM

Thank you but I already tried this

it is just a splitted cable :
so when I play music from the iPhone, the power goes out of the iPhone and goes into the Beosound, and also in the Beogram !!

The Beogram din is an output and I don't think it is a good thing that the power comes inside

And when I play a record on the Beogram, the sound is just awful : ridiculously low

thank you for answering 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS