Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

MLGW Scheduler explained

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff Posted: Tue, Aug 11 2015 9:16 PM

I asked Henrik, the developer of the MLGW/BLGW to explain the mysterious Scheduler feature of the MLGW. This is his explanation:

"The Scheduler is basically a Timer that you can create in the MLGW, this timer you can start, stop and use as a delayed trigger

So in your case you can specify a Scheduler called “VolDownRep” and specify it for 1 sec (just for testing)

Next you can choose if this timer shall only run once and then stop or if it should continue to run when time have elapsed (meaning it’ll run again automaticly)

So in your case we’ll not make it “Run Once” only, this way it’ll continue to run when it’s activated

Next you’ll start this scheduler called “VolDownRep” using a macro that’s triggered from the Lutron Vol- keypad button press (or if your Lutron keypad have the latest FW you could use Hold) 

Now you create a new Macro called “VolDownRepeat” this macro is triggered by your Scheduler “VolDownRep” and this macro will send a Vol- command to the B&O system also 

Lastly you create a new Macro Called “VolDownRepeatRelease” this macro is triggered by the Lutron Keypad “Release” command and will in turn “Stop scheduler VolDownRep”     "

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Thu, Aug 13 2015 12:35 AM
This is a dangerous solution.

I don't like the release to trigger.

I suggest using the discrete volume up where each button press up gives on one volume level up.

Now.. This can be complicated unless you use a 6 button keypad as a 'source'. The arrows normally control the last pressed lighting zone for dimming. I've only used the up arrows as a discrete one level up and down which requires multiple presses but is safer.

Also, I've only used on a keypad that did not control any lights but was exclusively used for B&O

Good luck!
beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, Aug 13 2015 2:38 AM

I agree. I only posted the quote from Henrik as his explanation as an example of how to use the Scheduler function. Still, I have combined multiple protocols on a keypad with great results. I have done some nice macros connected to RadioRa 2 buttons that can control RadioRa 2 lighting, Philips Hue lighting, and B&O A/V controls all at the same time. This is where the MLGW truly shines!

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Fri, Aug 14 2015 12:04 AM
beojeff:

I agree. I only posted the quote from Henrik as his explanation as an example of how to use the Scheduler function. Still, I have combined multiple protocols on a keypad with great results. I have done some nice macros connected to RadioRa 2 buttons that can control RadioRa 2 lighting, Philips Hue lighting, and B&O A/V controls all at the same time. This is where the MLGW truly shines!

Very cool.

I'm using the BLGW now and have created.. For a friend macro to control Lutron B&O and hunter Douglas

They are really nice devices
beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Fri, Aug 14 2015 11:54 AM

mjmedlo:
beojeff:

Very cool.

Please tell me more about how you got the BLGW to control Hunter Douglas. Are the Hunter Douglas shades priced better than the Lutron shades?

I'm using the BLGW now and have created.. For a friend macro to control Lutron B&O and hunter Douglas

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Fri, Aug 14 2015 11:57 AM

mjmedlo:
beojeff:

Very cool.

Please disregard my last post. I accidentally typed inside of the quote. I can't get the edit or delete functions to work on the forum from Safari.

Please tell me more about how you control Hunter Douglas with the BLGW. Are Hunter Douglas shades priced better than Lutron shades?

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Fri, Aug 14 2015 3:30 PM
beojeff:

Please disregard my last post. I accidentally typed inside of the quote. I can't get the edit or delete functions to work on the forum from Safari.

Please tell me more about how you control Hunter Douglas with the BLGW. Are Hunter Douglas shades priced better than Lutron shades?

Unfortunately the hunter Douglas are more expensive.

I had to purchase the little ip device that Hunter Douglas makes, which is much more expensive than the Lutron radio ra 2 main repeater.

The Lutron works much better in my opinion and I have Lutron in my home.

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Tue, Aug 18 2015 3:39 PM

beojeff:

I asked Henrik, the developer of the MLGW/BLGW to explain the mysterious Scheduler feature of the MLGW. This is his explanation:

"The Scheduler is basically a Timer that you can create in the MLGW, this timer you can start, stop and use as a delayed trigger

So in your case you can specify a Scheduler called “VolDownRep” and specify it for 1 sec (just for testing)

Next you can choose if this timer shall only run once and then stop or if it should continue to run when time have elapsed (meaning it’ll run again automaticly)

So in your case we’ll not make it “Run Once” only, this way it’ll continue to run when it’s activated

Next you’ll start this scheduler called “VolDownRep” using a macro that’s triggered from the Lutron Vol- keypad button press (or if your Lutron keypad have the latest FW you could use Hold) 

Now you create a new Macro called “VolDownRepeat” this macro is triggered by your Scheduler “VolDownRep” and this macro will send a Vol- command to the B&O system also 

Lastly you create a new Macro Called “VolDownRepeatRelease” this macro is triggered by the Lutron Keypad “Release” command and will in turn “Stop scheduler VolDownRep”     "

Thanks, Jeff, for posting this. I`ve tried to program a schedular for some time now without any success - and I posted a question concerning the MLGW schedular here in the forum and in Struer (without any success/reply..), just to find out that it is quite simple. It`s like programming variables with Lintronic...:)

Thanks again

Stefan

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Tue, Aug 18 2015 3:42 PM

mjmedlo:
This is a dangerous solution.

I don't like the release to trigger.

I suggest using the discrete volume up where each button press up gives on one volume level up.

Now.. This can be complicated unless you use a 6 button keypad as a 'source'. The arrows normally control the last pressed lighting zone for dimming. I've only used the up arrows as a discrete one level up and down which requires multiple presses but is safer.

Also, I've only used on a keypad that did not control any lights but was exclusively used for B&O

Good luck!

"release" trigger is a useful command to stop a continious function like dim/brighten light/scenes. That`s how I use it, and it works great.

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS