Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Help needed NAS server recommendation

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

driceman1086
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
driceman1086 Posted: Sat, Sep 26 2015 10:18 AM

Hi people, i have recently purchased a Beosound moment and Beosound 18 speakers as well as Beosound 19 subwoofer. (I have been a B and O user since 1996) I have been running this new system with a mac book pro and Twonky server (what ever that is) anyway i need to buy a NAS server though.

As always B and O is not much help when it comes to "user friendly" software or non b and o solutions. What would you recommend, im not really interested in low price i just want to buy the best server to stream music.

Thanks for the help  

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sat, Sep 26 2015 3:47 PM

Hi driceman, and welcome to the forum. There are several threads about the Moment player on the forum, so use the search function to find them.

I have a dedicated only for music Mac mini I7 with Twonky server 8.0.3, exclusively running 24/7 for the Moment and this combination serves me well.

I use this server strictly because of stability. In the case you find it to costly then I would recommend a QNAP 2-bay NAS as cheaper. QNAP has Twonky also as a app to install. To date there is no other server program that is stabile and usable with the Moment, only Twonky server works with the Moment well.

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

driceman1086
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

Thank you for your time and advice Chris 

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Fri, Nov 6 2015 12:08 PM
A late comment is better than no comment : I have experienced Synology and QNAP with my Moment and QNAP wins the integration thanks to its Twonky server.

I'll try QNAP native DLNA server in a near future to compare with Twonky and Synology ones.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sat, Nov 7 2015 9:00 AM

and if you want a NAS with style and great build quality you should have a look at the new "DELA" made by Buffalo:

http://www.sempre-audio.at/Dela_N1A_und_Dela_N1Z_-_Buffalo_Inc-_praesentiert_NAS-Loesungen_fuer_High-end_HiFi.id.3849.htm

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS