Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Do ALL B&O owners want to stream? Apple to end iTunes downloads

rated by 0 users
This post has 41 Replies | 1 Follower

Anders Jørgensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 350
Bronze Member

Well as I grew up with different mediums the pc was one thing and playback or recording of music another. So by default I needed certain products to play certain mediums and eventually by accident it became old school B&O taking the interest, time and space.

Having settled since 2003-2006 on Beosystem 6500 and 6000 I have what I need and it works for my needs. I really do not listen to music in head phones on the go by smart phone or the like. The craftmanship and high quality build of old B&O makes better sounds in my ears than getting the latest phone or streaming device. Even when it comes to cassette players/aka Beocords.

With the stuff available today you got great choices for music enjoyment and old B&O is an area and lifestyle that is special. I just enjoy where I am. I am not looking for another medium option as it is.

folkdeejay
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 96
Bronze Member
folkdeejay replied on Thu, Nov 23 2017 12:13 PM

Paul W:

Being honest Puncher, I realised that when the Apple Watch, BEATS sale and Apple Music launched. They make great laptops but i've had so many software issues with iOS since 8.

The thought of people streaming music and never really owning anything saddens me. Renting anything is for mugs! The minute you stop paying, it's gone!

I sort of agree...

Except i use spotify as a useful 'on the go' facility...  great in the car, at work, when travelling etc.. 

King St was lucky to get a Spotify invitation membership back in the day forst UK dealer with one, I believe)  in, maybe, 2004 or 5, and iI've used it ever since.

At home, we have the £15 account - and 5 of us use it a lot.  Which i think is good value.  

CD's and vinyl for home use, Spotify out and about.. it works well.

I know the artist reservations - but many of my preferred artists just use it as a way to sell gig tickets and (at the gigs) hard copies - and in that respect it works well.   You would have to be a very big artist to generate a full time income from streaming listens alone.

Page 2 of 2 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS