Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Bv7-55 PUC gone mad

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Seanie_230 Posted: Mon, Jul 25 2016 9:51 PM
Hello beofans

Got an issue that I need help with

This week during the head my BV7-55 seems to have gone a little wrong and I cannot pin point it

The TV is connected to SKYQ and I have PUC control

For some reason when I want to go up now I have to press up twice

Left has to be left twice

Basically every button press has to be twice

I have a IR blaster with LED and it flashes each time a command is sent

I rebooted the sky box still the same

Rebooted TV and still the same

Took the IR blaster off and used the SKY remote and it only needs a single press for each command

So the TV seems to be sending the command each time but for some reason it needs to be pressed twice for every command.

My V1 is connected to another Q box and it works perfectly.

Any thoughts it's driving us mad.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

ljh16
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
ljh16 replied on Tue, Jul 26 2016 9:12 AM

I have the same problem with my Avant 55 + Sky Q + BeoRemote One. Last week Sky Q suddenly started requiring me to double press for every action.

The remote works fine with other sources connected to the tv. I looked on the Sky Q updates website and noticed that they released an update to the

software just before it started happening, so it's maybe something that B&O need to release a fix for but haven't had chance / aren't aware of yet. Needs to

happen quickly though as it's a really irritating bug and takes twice as long to navigate through the tv guide!

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Tue, Jul 26 2016 11:58 PM

A very strange problem. I have had occasions where the go button on my Beo 4 does not cause the desired result but it has been very intermittent so I have just ignored it.

But sitting here thinking about, I don't know why it would make a difference, but I wonder if batteries getting low could have any effect? Might explain why I have the problem only occasionally. And only with one button and only when in one specific menu of my satellite box. 

Another thought I had, was to go in to the options menu of my BV7. I changed the the puc connection from ir to plug and tried both options under plug. Even when it is set to plug, the ir flashes. In one setting there were a couple of times I had to push buttons twice. In the other setting the satellite box was totally non responsive even though the ir continued to flash. It is a long shot, but any chance the settings got changed from ir to plug?

I am sure neither of these thoughts is correct, but thought I would offer them.

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

ljh16
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
ljh16 replied on Wed, Jul 27 2016 11:51 AM

Just got an email response Struer:

"SKY Q have issued a software update for the box causing this issue. We have updated the PUC accordingly - it will be available for download/update from the Service menu from tomorrow."

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Seanie_230 replied on Wed, Jul 27 2016 12:28 PM
ljh16:

Just got an email response Struer:

" SKY Q have issued a software update for the box causing this issue. We have updated the PUC accordingly - it will be available for download/update from the Service menu from tomorrow."

Had the same response from my dealer today....

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member

Hello All

just seen a post in another thread and i thought I woudl update this.

My V1 was unaffected by the recent SKYQ software update.

It appears the latest version of the PUC fixes the problem after talking to my dealer but also it only affected the main SKYQ box not the Mini boxes.

Sean

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

ljh16
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
ljh16 replied on Sun, Jul 31 2016 6:43 PM

The updated PUC fixed the double press issue but I definitely now have a lag between pressing a button and anything happening on the Sky Q menu. If I press a scroll button multiple times in quick succession it doesn't even register it. Feels almost like it takes as long to do anything as it did with the double press but I only need to press once, if that makes sense. I was told that it must be an issue with my IR sensor but I've tried moving it around but makes no difference. Does yours respond as quickly as using the Sky Q remote?

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Hello

I emailed Bang and Olufsen today to tell them about how slow the new PUC is since the latest version which fixes the double press issue.

Anyone else emailed them also?

Sean

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Hello all

Had a response from Beocare today. They are aware of the slowness of the most recent Sky-Q PUC.

A new update is being looked into

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
There was an updated PUC today on the V1

Not actually sure what it does as it still feels slower than the sky remote.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

ljh16
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
ljh16 replied on Wed, Aug 31 2016 9:32 AM

Yes the new PUC made no difference for me.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS