Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Question for Beoplay H6 Owners (First Gen) Regarding the Headband Leather

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

cds
Not Ranked
Posts 26
Bronze Member
cds Posted: Thu, Aug 25 2016 8:15 AM

Hi guys,

I've got a strange question for owners of the Beoplay H6; does your headband have a couple of ridges / creases on the leather, right at the part where the cushioned section starts on each side? If you run your fingers over the leather, can you feel the ridges?

I got a pair of Beoplay H6 in grey hazel from a company on eBay, the condition was noted as "new - other", which according to them means unused but damaged packaging, but mine has these small creases on the leather and I perhaps I'm being paranoid but I can't help but wonder if they've developed from use, or if they all come like that.

Thanks

Cleviebaby
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, United Kingdom
Posts 672
Bronze Member
Cleviebaby replied on Thu, Aug 25 2016 12:37 PM
Very slightly, yes, but I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out. My H6s are well over 12 months old and get a fair amount of use.

Hope that helps,

Cleve
Henrik
Top 500 Contributor
Norway
Posts 165
Bronze Member
Henrik replied on Thu, Aug 25 2016 8:17 PM

Same here. I've never noticed it before, but I had to check and there are indeed some small ones. Barely noticable, though. The ridges get more pronounced when I pull the headphones apart, like you do when putting them on. My H6 is 2,5 years and see a lot of use daily.

-h.

cds
Not Ranked
Posts 26
Bronze Member
cds replied on Thu, Aug 25 2016 8:36 PM

Thanks guys.

On the one hand I'm glad to know it's not a defect as such (or at least, not peculiar to my model), but on the other I'm no wiser as to whether this is the result of use! Maybe I'm being picky, but after all the reviews talking about the luxurious construction I guess I wasn't expecting imperfections out of the box.

Stan
Top 100 Contributor
Chicago-area USA
Posts 869
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Thu, Aug 25 2016 11:30 PM

I have a pair of rarely used, limited-edition, dark green H6s that may have the "defect" you describe.  Based on how little I've used them, I'm going to say this is "as designed"... although, I would categorize it as a very slight dimple in the stitching vs. a ridge so perhaps it gets more pronounced with use.  Either way, I never noticed this, and it took me a few minutes to find this even with your description.  Enjoy the sound, leather is meant to get a little irregular over time.

Stan

cds
Not Ranked
Posts 26
Bronze Member
cds replied on Wed, Aug 31 2016 6:16 PM

Perhaps I'm being picky. I can get a bit fussy about imperfections, but maybe mine exhibit this a little more than others as I noticed it straight away. If I run my fingers along the band, I can feel quite a bump in the areas affected. Now I know they are there, I won't stop thinking about them! I probably just need shut up and enjoy them Big Smile

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Wed, Aug 31 2016 6:29 PM
cds:

I probably just need shut up and enjoy them

You do ! Big Smile
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS