Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovox S75 Capacitor List

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 0 Followers

delroy
Not Ranked
Posts 43
Bronze Member
delroy Posted: Sun, Oct 16 2016 8:21 PM

I recently purchased a pair of S75 and I would like to change the capacitors however I am having trouble finding out what capacitors I would have to buy. 

• 47uf 40v
  • 47uf 40v
  • 10uf 40v
  • 2,2uf 250v
  • 33uf 40v
  • 12uf 40v
  • 3,3uf 40v

I am pretty sure these are the capacitors that are on the crossover I am however not completely sure. I also don't know if these are polarized or all bipolar capacitors.

If anybody knows a bit more about the capacitors I would much appreciate some input. 

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sun, Oct 16 2016 8:50 PM

Welcome to Beoworld !

Capacitor kits are readily available for most Beovox models, including Beovox S75.
The kits contain correct components, values and types and comes with a detailed component location chart.
Email or PM me.

Martin

delroy
Not Ranked
Posts 43
Bronze Member
delroy replied on Sun, Oct 16 2016 9:02 PM

Thanks for the reply, I would like to just buy a kit however I am on a pretty tight budget for now and would like to at least get the S75 in working order. I really just need to know if the capacitors are all bipolar or can all be replaced with bipolar capacitors. I am pretty sure that a lot of the original aren't bipolar however when I read a few topics on this site I get the idea that they are all bipolar. So that is why I am asking.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, Oct 17 2016 7:08 AM

Grabbing a kit is often cheaper than finding and buying the components separately.
All caps in your filters are axial, bipolar electrolytics (the speaker lead signal is AC).
Make sure to get capacitors of a decent quality, meant for crossover applications and preferably 100V types.

Martin

Vanlierde
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member

Hello, i've just bought a pair of s75 without crossovers but with good speakers. I'd like to restore them, but i can't find the crossovers schema. 

More, could you please tell me how much would cost me one of your complete kits for that?

Thank you !

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sun, Nov 5 2017 12:34 PM

Are the filter boards missing?

Martin

Vanlierde
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member

Yeah, it doesn't remain anything.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sun, Nov 5 2017 4:26 PM

I suggest you look for a pair of original filter boards before thinking about the capacitors.
Caps is the easy part. There are many other components on those boards besides caps.

Martin 

Vanlierde
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member

Thanks for the advice. By luck, I just found the schema, but i'm not sure between the tweeter and the dome medium. Could you please tell me who is who? I try to insert a picture...

Vanlierde
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member

Thanks for the advice. By luck, I just found the schema, but i'm not sure between the tweeter and the dome medium. Could you please tell me who is who? I try to insert a picture...

Vanlierde
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member

Vanlierde
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member

No way! Could you please tell me the colors of the wires on each speaker? It would be agreat help...Big Smile

BenS75
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
BenS75 replied on Sun, Feb 9 2020 7:30 PM

Hello 

i’m looking for a caps Kit for my S75

Do you still sell it ? 

thx !  

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sun, Feb 9 2020 8:15 PM

BenS75:

Hello 

i’m looking for a caps Kit for my S75

Do you still sell it ? 

thx !  

Yes.
I have answered your email.

Martin

Elgato
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Elgato replied on Fri, Jun 25 2021 8:47 AM

Martin,

I am also looking for an S75 Cap kit (and resistors) if possible. However I am in the US.

I posted this question in another thread but is there a mod or fix for the overheating/burning resistors?

Thanks

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Fri, Jun 25 2021 8:49 AM

Rings a bell Whistle

Jacques

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Fri, Jun 25 2021 9:38 AM

Elgato:

Martin,

I am also looking for an S75 Cap kit (and resistors) if possible. However I am in the US.

I posted this question in another thread but is there a mod or fix for the overheating/burning resistors?

Thanks

Capacitor kits and resistors are in the webshop.
Beoparts-shop

Martin 

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS