Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Flash your B&O - new thread!

This post has 5,642 Replies | 42 Followers

Evan
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,621
Gold Member
Evan replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 6:07 PM

Friedmett:
BM8000, BC9000 (Service by Dillen), CDX(Serviced by Dillen/medogsfat), Beovox M150

Alright! Someone else with a floor system!!! Yes - thumbs up

Beo4 'til I die!

elms
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member

Made a bit of an upgrade! Penta III fronts with newly recovered black frets. Bonus reflection of my wall mounted silver 4000s in the rear. Looks like I need a bigger TV now! The Pentas make it look small...

Evan
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,621
Gold Member
Evan replied on Wed, Apr 25 2012 3:13 AM

Just rearranged my listening space for my vinyl rig, the seating area is now in front of the stereo as it should be and not to the side.

I will now officially never get anything done again. I'll just be listening to music! So much better this way.

Beo4 'til I die!

Evan
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,621
Gold Member
Evan replied on Wed, Apr 25 2012 3:14 AM

elms:

Made a bit of an upgrade! Penta III fronts with newly recovered black frets. Bonus reflection of my wall mounted silver 4000s in the rear. Looks like I need a bigger TV now! The Pentas make it look small...

Yep. Definitely coming to visit this weekend! 

Do I spy Loctite? Stick out tongue

Beo4 'til I die!

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Apr 25 2012 3:57 AM

elms:

Looks very good !

What is the TV ... looks elegant in the situation

BeoNut since '75

elms
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
elms replied on Wed, Apr 25 2012 7:13 AM

elephant:

elms:

Looks very good !

What is the TV ... looks elegant in the situation

Thanks! It is a Sony XBR HX-909. Wonderful TV, although a bit overpriced. I think it's in B&O territory in terms of price... I got an amazing discount on it since I used to work for Best Buy. It is truly one of the best looking TVs ever made in my opinion. The whole front is one giant sheet of glass with no visible frame, so it appears to be just a sheet of smoked glass sitting on a block of brushed aluminum when its off. 

Also Evan, please do! I've been dying to show this off to someone who knows what it is! And yes, that loctite is from my failed first attempt at recovering the frets.

Ronnie
Top 500 Contributor
Milton Keynes, UK
Posts 110
Bronze Member
Ronnie replied on Wed, Apr 25 2012 8:59 AM

elms:

Very Nice! What have you done with the 6000s?

Ronnie
Top 500 Contributor
Milton Keynes, UK
Posts 110
Bronze Member
Ronnie replied on Wed, Apr 25 2012 8:59 AM

elms:

Very Nice! What have you done with the 6000s?

elms
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
elms replied on Wed, Apr 25 2012 5:06 PM

They are at a friends house for now (I'm trying to convince him to get into Bang and Olufsen). After that, I plan on using them as fronts again while I restore my pentas (refoam, and recap). Who knows what I will do with them then...

Evan
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,621
Gold Member
Evan replied on Wed, Apr 25 2012 5:31 PM

elms:
Who knows what I will do with them then...

You can always drop them off at your friendly local Bang & Olufsen storage center / museum Laughing

Beo4 'til I die!

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 10:23 AM

well as you may know from another thread I have acquired a BV8-40 to join my BV8-32

so while I don't have as nice a set-up as elms I thought I would show the baby that arrived almost 3 years ago:

And as of yesterday the baby was displaced by:

And now today the baby appeared re-born next to the BeoSystem 4:

BeoNut since '75

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 2:03 PM

Hey Elephant nice BV8's and nice screen display of the Apple TV which looks great!

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

Paul W:

Hey Elephant nice BV8's and nice screen display of the Apple TV which looks great!

As you can infer from the thumbnails, as a family we are into two ends of the spectrum - tear jerkers Broken Heart and Marvel action movies Laughing

The slight irony in the above, is that the middle picture, the BV8-40, was playing "The Pirates of Silicon Valley" and is showing a young Bill Gates (actor of course!)

EDIT ADDITION (why oh why do some of my sentences get obliterated when I add a picture ???)

And I was very interested that in the Beoplay TV invitation I received there were other mini-ads including this one reproduce below, which on the BV10 micro-site has the title "Growing the Apple seed" !!!!!

BeoNut since '75

elms
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
elms replied on Tue, May 1 2012 6:59 AM

elephant:

so while I don't have as nice a set-up as elms I thought I would show the baby that arrived almost 3 years ago:

I'm flattered, but to be quite honest, the setup you have is nothing to laugh at! It may not appear as flashy, but BV 8s are exceptionally nice! And not one but two! I believe I have something to aspire to. Yes - thumbs up Great setup

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

elephant:

well as you may know from another thread I have acquired a BV8-40 to join my BV8-32

I have the same TV as elms, but Ed, i think it's reminiscent of the BV8 - a tv on a soundstage.  I love the 32 BV8 and it's good to see you now have more BV goodness spread throughout the house.  

What's that interface you used with Diana Krall with the picture of the BV8 32 in white?

MH

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, May 1 2012 12:26 PM

Michael:
What's that interface you used with Diana Krall with the picture of the BV8 32 in white?

Mike, that would be LinkPlayer version 1 Big Smile

BeoNut since '75

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

I bought a Beocord 5000 type 4705 for £10 a month's time ago. Good cosmetical condition, but the perspex lid is a bit scratched. It lit up when I tested it back then, but couldn't get a cassette to play in it as the belts would just squeal. 

Tested it again because I was bored, and guess what; it worked after some exercising! It had not been used for approximately fifteen years.

Vinyl records, cassettes, open reel, valve amplifiers and film photography.

Tomas
Not Ranked
Posts 38
Bronze Member
Tomas replied on Sun, May 6 2012 8:46 PM

Yet another pic of parts of my setup..

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
Posts 1,710
Founder

Beo 4 pimped with Gold!

BeoVision Haermony 65"...BeoLab 28 Anthracite....BeoLab 17 as REAR....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay Emerge....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

ouverture
Top 500 Contributor
London
Posts 263
Bronze Member
ouverture replied on Mon, May 7 2012 11:31 PM

my Beosystem 5500 and Redline 60.2 speakers, the turntable has MMC4 stylus, but I need to replace it soon, maybe a MMC2, also my CD player is the CD50 ( upside down for discs to play) , have had this system for over 20 years, and only the CD player has been in for repair.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, May 8 2012 12:02 PM

ouverture:
my Beosystem 5500 and Redline 60.2 speakers

a great setup ! and I like its placement / environs - very stylish !

BeoNut since '75

beopiranha
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 125
Bronze Member

Tomas, very nice photo and components !!!

Beovision Avant 55 / BV 11-40 / BV7-40 / Beovision Avant / Beosound 9000 / Beosound 5 Encore / Beosystem 4500 / Beosystem 6500 / Beocenter 9000 / Beolab 5000 / Beolab 18 / Beolab 19 / Beolab 11 / Beolab 17 / 3 sets of Beolab 4000 / Beovox Red Line 60.2 

ouverture
Top 500 Contributor
London
Posts 263
Bronze Member

Elephant, that is very nice, thank you indeed, will take a photo of my Ouverture and Beolab 4000's tomorrow. Have been looking around for some 4000 wall brackets, they look so much better on the wall Smile

November35
Not Ranked
Posts 52
Bronze Member

Beolab 2 in RED RAL 3003

November35
Not Ranked
Posts 52
Bronze Member

Photo of  cabinet

November35
Not Ranked
Posts 52
Bronze Member

Beolab 2 in white RAL 9010

November35
Not Ranked
Posts 52
Bronze Member

Cabinet

November35
Not Ranked
Posts 52
Bronze Member

Beolab 3500 in White RAL 9010

November35
Not Ranked
Posts 52
Bronze Member

Beolab 8000 in Bentley Metallic Gret

November35
Not Ranked
Posts 52
Bronze Member

Beosound 1 whit.....UNION JACK!

November35
Not Ranked
Posts 52
Bronze Member

Beolab 2000 in White RAL 9010

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member

Today is a holiday, so I have time to do some planning Whistle

--mika

jkhamler
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 286
Bronze Member
jkhamler replied on Thu, May 17 2012 3:36 PM

Classy setup Mika, I love the chair.

Johan
Top 500 Contributor
Uppsala, Sweden
Posts 239
Silver Member
Johan replied on Thu, May 17 2012 4:04 PM

I like the Hilti case! What are you mounting? :-)

valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
Posts 1,502
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Thu, May 17 2012 5:19 PM

Great taste in drill's :-)

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member

Yes - Hilti rules, doesn't it, Andreas? Big Smile 

The funny thing is that some neighbour unexpectedly started drilling right before me. For once, I could retaliate without delay!

It's been two years since I bought these and I hadn't even heard them properly yet... for the first year, I didn't have a wall, and for the other, I couldn't make up my mind where to install them.

I don't have any kids or animals around, so I decided to mount them rather low; the tweeters are close to ear height when sitting down. This is also a solid concrete outboard wall, so it should give the speakers full support with the bass without any neighbour beging bothered too much (my second option was a particle board inner wall I decided was too bouncy to use).

Now I need to get another Powerlink cable to replace a faulty one, install some cable channels, and shuffle everything else around. Women have it easy, they don't have to plan their entire decor around a pair of stupid speakers!

--mika

Johan
Top 500 Contributor
Uppsala, Sweden
Posts 239
Silver Member
Johan replied on Thu, May 17 2012 5:33 PM

Awesome! How I wish I had a pair of 5000's. Some day I will, and that's a promise.

Looks really good!

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, May 17 2012 10:42 PM

November35:

Beolab 2 in RED RAL 3003

Beautiful. I have held off getting a Beolab 2 in part because it would not match my other speakers.

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Thu, May 17 2012 10:46 PM

Tournedos

WOW that complete system is TIMELESS and incredible  WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

All it needs now is some cool DISCO Funk from the early 80s playing on it for a barmy summer's evening!!!

How about Freeze - Southern Freeze     TUNE!!!!!!!!

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

I have just received my second Beocord 8004 from restoration - I have made an experimental setup with two 8004's side by side which is very pleasing to the eye.

Not B&O - but integrating nicely. The tape deck is a Denon DRM-740 and the CD player is a Technics.

Vinyl records, cassettes, open reel, valve amplifiers and film photography.

Page 4 of 142 (5643 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS