Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound Moment issue

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Skiingtrumpeter
Not Ranked
Posts 23
Bronze Member
Skiingtrumpeter Posted: Sat, Mar 31 2018 4:21 PM

Hi

Can anyone offer any advice? I’ve been away from home for a couple of months. My Beosound Moment was turned off and unplugged. I have just turned it on and the screen is completely dead. I have tried resetting with a paper clip but still nothing. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thank you.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sat, Mar 31 2018 9:59 PM
Skiingtrumpeter:

Hi

Can anyone offer any advice? I’ve been away from home for a couple of months. My Beosound Moment was turned off and unplugged. I have just turned it on and the screen is completely dead. I have tried resetting with a paper clip but still nothing. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thank you.

Can the battery in the Jukebox drained?

If you power up the soundheart, leave the Jukebox in its place for a while.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Skiingtrumpeter
Not Ranked
Posts 23
Bronze Member

Thanks for the reply. The jukebox has been on charge all night and is still unresponsive. In searching the forum, I have only just found out that the Moment has been discontinued. I hope this doesn’t mean that it is irepairable and that I am left with a £1500+ doorstop after only 3 years....

badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 539
Gold Member
This is a known issue, I had this took the unit back and they replaced the jukebox tablet. Apparently the new software stops this happening now
koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sun, Apr 1 2018 10:29 AM

Hammer?

Skiingtrumpeter
Not Ranked
Posts 23
Bronze Member

Just over a year ago the juke box froze with the B and O  logo displayed and they replaced it with the so called updated model. The unit is out of warranty now although I suppose I could argue that the new jukebox should still be covered. Are you aware of whether B and O are able to continue to support the Moment as I understand it was discontinued because of parts supply issues?

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Sun, Apr 1 2018 11:05 AM

Skiingtrumpeter:

Just over a year ago the juke box froze with the B and O  logo displayed and they replaced it with the so called updated model. The unit is out of warranty now although I suppose I could argue that the new jukebox should still be covered. Are you aware of whether B and O are able to continue to support the Moment as I understand it was discontinued because of parts supply issues?

Why not just contact your dealer ? You have a defective unit, they can bring it back to life again if send to Struer. The jukebox can be disassembled, and an USB connection can be made directly. They should be able to fix it.

If they cannot, you should demand a new unit. They are still in stock, and since yours is only 1 year old, it is under warranty.

Just contact your dealer. Much easier than guess and do all kinds of stuff that does not work anyway.

/Jacob

Skiingtrumpeter
Not Ranked
Posts 23
Bronze Member

Thank you, I will contact them on Tuesday.

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder

Have you placed the Jukebox both possible ways to charge the JB?

Skiingtrumpeter
Not Ranked
Posts 23
Bronze Member

Yes, have tried both ways and still nothing. I wonder whether the jukebox doesn’t cope well with being completely drained? I had thought I was doing the right thing in unplugging the system whilst away but perhaps leaving it on with a surge protector is the way forward.....

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS