Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

NAS/MOMENT

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Druers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Druers Posted: Mon, Apr 16 2018 12:13 PM

Hi there I am interested in buying a NAS device on which to transfer my CDs to play via my Moment. Any suggestions please on which NAS would be suitable and not cost the earth. Thanks. Bill. 

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Apr 16 2018 3:31 PM
Druers:

Hi there I am interested in buying a NAS device on which to transfer my CDs to play via my Moment. Any suggestions please on which NAS would be suitable and not cost the earth. Thanks. Bill.

I use a Synology NAS and using the built in DLNA server. The majority of the cost are the disk size you want to use.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Mon, Apr 16 2018 4:17 PM

I use a PC dedicated as server ("to fast" processor, "excessive" memory, but cheaper).

DLNA server: Minimserver

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Mon, Apr 16 2018 4:31 PM
2 bay NAS from Seagate works perfectly well for me. Around £350 with disks.

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Apr 16 2018 5:01 PM

I use a QNAP 251, with their own music server feeding the Moment.

Been pretty impressed actually - no issues, and their web GUI is very decent.

Around 270 GBP on Amazon.

laseralex
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 240
Bronze Member
laseralex replied on Tue, Apr 17 2018 6:33 AM

I'm using a Raspberry Pi set up with Twonky Server, which was pretty easy to do using these instructions from Weebyx.   If you have never dealt with Linux and aren't comfortable with command-line work on a computer, it may be a bit much.

Cost was $70 USD for a Raspberry Pi starter kit (R-Pi, SD card, case, power supply) plus $5 for a USB HDD carrier to hold an SSD I already owned as a spare.  If you got your Moment new from a dealer you should already have a Twonky license; I got my Moment used so needed to buy the Twonky license for another $20.

I haven't actually measured the power consumption, but one reason I went for the Raspberry Pi and SSD was the minimal power draw when idle.

Sources: 2x Beosound Moment • 4x Beosound Essence Mk II
Speakers: 3x Beolab 8000 • 2x Beolab 6000 • 2x Beolab 3 • 3x Beolab 2
Integrated:  1x Beosound 2 • 1x Beosound Level • 4x BeoPlay M5 • 1x BeoPlay A6
Control:  16x* Essence Remote  • 1x Beoremote Halo

* Yes, really! 🤦‍♂️

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS