Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 1202 - restoration project

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Bob
Top 200 Contributor
Charente, France
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Bob Posted: Fri, Oct 26 2012 5:23 PM

Dear Friends, Beoworlders

I've received Beogram 1202 (which has been described as immaculate)

as part payment for repair work on BC3500 (it'll be new thread for those taking interest in such a things) and was really looking forward to it, imagining it'll arrive, be plugged in and could be used / assessed.

The timing couldn't possibly be worse as I'm now in situation when I'll be forced to get rid of most my B&O's and start taking stronger medicine against the Beobug - simply to overcome unforeseen changes in my circumstances. Long story short - I'm offering this BG 1202 (in desperate need of overhaul) to anyone willing to have it and spend time & money on it (to me personally at the very moment it doesn't have value of the postage)

More B&O's to come reluctantly up for sale (they also can be find elsewhere) - have browse through.

All the best

bob

Don't worry - be Happy

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 7:17 AM

Immaculate with the tonearm off ?

Martin

Bob
Top 200 Contributor
Charente, France
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Bob replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 12:37 PM

Yeah, I'm afraid my bad pictures don't do any justice of showing full extend of its condition Sad

comparing to at least complete and working units sold on eBay recently, I've concluded it don't have any value to me at all

b

Dillen:

Immaculate with the tonearm off ?

Martin

Don't worry - be Happy

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Indeed bad news Bob, once again bad packing, the BG 1202 is a nice looking deck and worth saving, any buyer take a look here, its not too complicated, and Axel has the pickup if needed. I would buy it, but the shipping costs will kill me.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Bob
Top 200 Contributor
Charente, France
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Bob replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 4:17 PM

Appreciate it Søren,

I would keep it (I'm sure you remember my excitement about it), unfortunately at present taking in to account moving soon I'm nowhere in position to keep or and restore it, shall there be no reasonable offer (pretty much postage alone - it didn't cost me penny after all) I will try to get it to someone whom really would be happy to have it (sorry cannot ship to you or to help toward the ridiculous costs - I would if I could :)

All the best

bob

Søren Mexico:

Indeed bad news Bob, once again bad packing, the BG 1202 is a nice looking deck and worth saving, any buyer take a look here, its not too complicated, and Axel has the pickup if needed. I would buy it, but the shipping costs will kill me.

Don't worry - be Happy

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS