Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

LG 2019 OLED TV- WiSA Wireless- Soundbar- Dolby Atmos audio.

This post has 965 Replies | 3 Followers

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Jun 6 2019 8:09 PM | Locked

SandyB - none of the 2019 series from all the other TV brands has bothered with 2.1.

SandyB - Because LG's TV is not your cup of tea, you have difficulty understanding that
LG can some other TV producers are probably ready by 2020. Non è più.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Jun 6 2019 9:38 PM | Locked
As pretty much every reviewer has said to the "must have spec junkies", take a breath, grow up, and stop grumbling about lack of 2.1, it's of no practical use now, or will be for quite a while.

AV Forums even had the TV analyst from IHS Markit on their podcast a few weeks ago - he said exactly the same. There will be no 8K content in any meaningful way for years at a minimum.

So my not caring about 2.1 now is shared by most, and has nothing to do with brand bias.

And oh the irony of being accused of myopic brand bias.

But at no point have you demonstrated a logical or objective reading of the landscape.

At which point I'll leave to your 55 inch rollable. Or not.
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Jun 6 2019 10:13 PM | Locked

2020 SandyB

Z9 has HDMI 2.1 can receive video signals up to 8K60. Like other 8K screens shown in 2019, However,
they do not reach beyond 8K60 for example. 8K120, which requires the use of video signal compression
(faster processors). We are approaching here the limit of what today's technology can handle, however
it is probably expected in 2020. It is worth noting that HDMI 2.1 can theoretically enable 8K120 and that
8K monitors and video processors will be able to work with these data volumes.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Thu, Jun 6 2019 10:14 PM | Locked

Sandyb:
There will be no 8K content in any meaningful way for years at a minimum.

Peter Pan probably expects to keep ‘his new LG tv’ for just as long as he has had his BV7-40 MK3.

So it might become relevant for him.....when time comes 🙄

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Jun 6 2019 10:19 PM | Locked

Really Millemiss. In addition, it does not come SandyB knows what my personal TV choice will be.

HDMI 2.1. is currently defacto standard for video and eARC transmission of sound,
according to the HDMI standard. B&O should also strive to do so. B&O would like
to have the highest price for the products, they have been involved in.

Sleep well.

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
Posts 711
Bronze Member
BEOVOX141 replied on Thu, Jun 6 2019 10:49 PM | Locked

Sandyb:
As pretty much every reviewer has said to the "must have spec junkies", take a breath, grow up, and stop grumbling about lack of 2.1, it's of no practical use now, or will be for quite a while.

And in case of the Harmony, which started this utter futile discussion,- NEVER.

It is a unique architecture, which Peter of course would know, if he sat down and carefully considered the path of Video and Sound data in the Harmony for every conceivable use of all the inputs. Instead we now get some Znine 8k snuff...  Lets have a Party !!!  Brilliant!

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Jun 6 2019 11:05 PM | Locked

Yes Lets have a Party !!!  Sandyb writes - I think that probably / I don't know. ' for the most part.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Thu, Jun 6 2019 11:20 PM | Locked

If there is a Moderating God, can they please just nuke this entire thred - it is a complete embarrassment.

There are whole pages of Peter just posting to himself until someone snaps and disagrees, followed by a bit of a spat until the someone loses interest and gives up. Repeat ad infinitum!

Meanwhile Peter considers the thred a great success because of the squillions of views but a squillion-15 of them are just himself posting the same old trot and pictures over and over again!

Even if I'd previously considered buying a C9, I'd now quite happily divert the funds to a hit-man! 

Ban boring signatures!

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Jun 6 2019 11:37 PM | Locked

Puncher do you mean it 

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Fri, Jun 7 2019 12:37 AM | Locked

Peter Pan:

Puncher do you mean it 

More than you'll ever realise!

Ban boring signatures!

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Fri, Jun 7 2019 5:33 AM | Locked

Mr. BeoWorld's godfather. 

With HDMI 2.0 and not HDMI 2.1. Bang & Olufsen save money. This does not benefit consumers.

There are many ways to save money on.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sat, Jun 8 2019 5:47 AM | Locked

BEOVOX141:
Try to notice how "T2 MPEG4 Tuner" has now crept into the quotes ...

Rasmus Larsen:
As mentioned in the discussion thread I link to, so can One doesn't talk about a TV having
'DVB UHD-1 Phase 2'. That covers the things that broad -The cast industry would like in the
future, but manufacturers of TV or set-top boxes can choose to disregard multiple items, e.g.
NGA (Dolby Atmos, DTS: X, etc.) or something else. You have to check what is specifically
supported. Like HDMI 2.1 on the specification list does not automatically provide all the
optional HDMI 2.1 functions (VRR, ALLM, QMS, etc.).

Note even with HDMI 2.1 there is no guarantee of getting the whole package.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sat, Jun 8 2019 5:53 AM | Locked

LG OLED C9 (55, 65 and 77 ") 2019 TV

Model C9 belongs to the lineup of OLED TVs LG 2019 and is the successor to last year's model C8 .  The main
differences between C9 and C8 are: the ports of the latest HDMI 2.1 standard, an upgraded video processor, an
updated webOS 4.5 platform with artificial intelligence functions, support for wireless multichannel WiSA sound,
and improved gaming performance due to VRR support (similar to Freesync). The design of the model largely
repeats last year’s, albeit with some changes.

The C9 model is available in three screen diagonal versions: 55, 65 and 77 inches (model designations for the
market are LG OLED55C9PLA, OLED65C9PLA and OLED77C9PLA).

HDMI 2.1
The newest HDMI 2.1 interface used in C9 provides many times more bandwidth than HDMI 2.0 (48 Gbit / s
versus 18 Gbit / s), which will allow displayingthe image in a higher resolution.  In particular, there was support
for 4K / 120 Hz mode.  In addition, HDMI 2.1 brought support for the Variable Refresh Ratefeature, which is
analogous to the AMD FreeSync and Nvidia G-Sync synchronization technologies, and Dynamic HDR will allow
for enhanced dynamic range (HDR) performance at a frame-by-frame level, which should further improve the image
quality on compatible monitors or tvs.  Also, the HDMI 2.1 standard includes Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM)
technology, which automatically determines the optimal delay time for the smoothest frame rate. Inaddition, HDMI
2.1 provides a number of other useful features, including HDMI eARC, thereby providing lossless output and
transmission of audio through the HDMI eARC port. The LG C9 TV with support for the new High Definition
Multimedia Interface 2.1 is backward compatible with the peripherals of the previous version of the standard 2.0,
and also uses the familiar connectors.  However, to connect external devices with HDMI 2.1, you need to acquire
new cables marked Ultra High Speed ??HDMI.

10 bit color depth
LG C9 TV is equipped with a matrix with a 10-bit color depth.  Today, most modern TVs (with the exception of the
top) use 8-bit matrixes - with a color dept of 8 bits for each of the three RGB colors (red, green, blue) there are 256
shades.  In panels with a color of 10 bits, the number of such shades per color is 1024. Having erected 1024 cubes,
we get 1.07 billion colors per pixel.  If this number is compared with 16.8 million shades with a color depth of 8 bits,
then it is immediately obvious that the difference is quite noticeable.  It is also characteristic that the human eye is
able to perceive much more shades than with 8-bit chromaticity.  As a result, on LCD panels in 10 bits of color look
more realistic. The OLED panel from LG Display almost did not change, but this yearthe TVs received an improved
anti-glare filter.

HDR Formats
In addition to the traditional HDR10, Dolby Vision and HLG, the C9 model can now work with Technicolor’s
Advanced HDR format, as well as LG’s own HLG Pro and HDR10 Pro formats. In 2019, LG continues to ignore the
competitive standard in the face of Samsung HDR10 +, arguing that the same effect on its models is achieved
simply using the dynamic mode Tone mapping.  Enhanced Dynamic Tone Mapping's proprietary algorithm allows
LG new products toprocess HDR images dynamically, frame by frame.

Processing dynamic scenes
The C9 model has the same hardware with the W9 and E9 models, built on the second generation LG a9 Gen2
(Alpha 9, "alpha nine") image processor. This processor replaces the previous Alpha 9 solution and features
improved color and motion processing algorithms. To improve the image, in particular, AI Picture machine
learning algorithms are used, which automatically analyze the content (AI Sound is used to improve the sound).

Acoustics
Since 2017, LG has been equipping its TVs with Dolby Atmos , which ultimately has a positive effect on sound.
This feature automatically adjusts to the connected speaker system, whether it is a built-in sound system or any
external acoustics. The speaker system in the model C9 is made according to the scheme 2.2 with a total power
of 40 watts. To connect and transfer audio content of mobile devices in the presence of the function Wireless Sound
Sync. In addition, the TV supports the latest technology of wireless transmission of multi-channel WiSA audio. 
With its help, you can broadcast sound from your TV to compatible WiSA speakers (at the moment there is already
Klipsch, Bang & Olufsen, Axiim, Enclave Audio).  In this case, we are talking not only about the standard 5.1 sound,
but also about modern formats, including Dolby Atmos and DTS: X.  The Summit technology used in WiSA supports
multichannel audio without compression (up to 8 channels). According to WiSA, the sound quality is 20 times
superior to the capabilities of Bluetooh technology and Wi-Fi.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sat, Jun 8 2019 10:04 PM | Locked

Why is this thread kept open? It derailed long ago....

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sun, Jun 9 2019 7:22 AM | Locked

Since the overview deals with the TV part in the upcoming BeoVision Harmony, this post is very relevant,
even if you should read it somewhere else Hiort. The day we get news on how well WiSA - USB dongle,
working with LG OLED C9 (55, 65 and 77 ") 2019 TV versions, may be less interest in this thread. Shown
48,452 time. The thread has many readers, so not everyone doesn't Want to read about LG OLED C9
(55, 65 and 77 ") 2019 TV - WiSA USB dongle.

/ Peter Pan

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sun, Jun 9 2019 7:50 AM | Locked

One reason why anyone here is nigative is because they feel the Bang & Olufsen ecosystem is in danger
after Bang & Olufsen chose LG's OLED TV, as BeoVision TV. I can understand that because many have
invested a lot in Bang & Olufsen ecosystem. LG's has developed their own system, and so will time is
constantly changing. I'm happy with the MasterLink system, but it's no longer directly portrayed from a
BeoSystem 4 TV. That's just what the development is changing. Those who want to then debate it among
themselves. Nigative posts I will not comment on more.

/ Peter Pan

mawheele
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 258
Bronze Member
mawheele replied on Sun, Jun 9 2019 3:05 PM | Locked
It is very clear you have an agenda based on bumping this thread up consistently everyday regardless of content. I’m surprised the moderators have not jumped in.
poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 303
Bronze Member
poodleboy replied on Sun, Jun 9 2019 3:28 PM | Locked

Maslow's Law of the Hammer. We all have our quirks and biases. Ahab had the White Whale. This isn't YouTube....yet. 

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Mon, Jun 10 2019 5:16 AM | Locked

Here is the foot that comes with the LG C9 55", which is made of steel and designed in a
way that must contribute to a better sound reproduction from the two small built-in speakers.

The LG C9 77" has the same 'curved' foot as last year's C8 foot, as well as having double tuner,
according to LG. Writes Rasmus Larsen. See "unboxing" video: - Click here.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Tue, Jun 11 2019 11:18 AM | Locked

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Tue, Jun 11 2019 1:19 PM | Locked

LG Oven.

Ban boring signatures!

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Tue, Jun 11 2019 10:10 PM | Locked

LG 2019 OLED C9 4K HDR Unboxing and Setup with Retail DEMO and Test 55 OLED C9.
/ TellyDan. - Click here.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Wed, Jun 12 2019 1:56 PM | Locked

LG Display will start production of smaller 48"- inch 4K OLED TV panels 2020, the display
maker's vice president has confirmed to China Business News. - Click here.

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Wed, Jun 12 2019 7:46 PM | Locked
Seriously guys, 50 pages on LG stuff on a B&O forum? Really?

Stick out tongue

Jacques

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Jun 13 2019 6:17 AM | Locked

Torben Rasmussen:
LG has confirmed that their USB WiSA Dongle is for sale at blah. B&O's own stores.
There is also a 3rd party WiSA receiver, but they do not know who will distribute it, orif
it comes to Denmark. We tried to get the date and price out of them.

Thanks Torben. - Click her.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Thu, Jun 13 2019 9:08 AM | Locked

chartz:
Seriously guys, 50 pages on LG stuff on a B&O forum? Really?

Stick out tongue

Peter Pan is just - desperately - trying to convince us that connecting some WiSA compatible BeoLabs to a 2019 LG tv is the way to go.

Obvisiously that needs more than one page 🙄

MM

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
Posts 711
Bronze Member
BEOVOX141 replied on Thu, Jun 13 2019 5:41 PM | Locked

Millemissen:

Peter Pan is just - desperately - trying to convince us that connecting some WiSA compatible BeoLabs to a 2019 LG tv is the way to go.

Obvisiously that needs more than one page 🙄

I am more inclined to think he is trapped in an endless repetitive loop, where the only exit will be the inevitable C10,- brace yourself!  Sad

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 485
Bronze Member
beolion replied on Thu, Jun 13 2019 6:41 PM | Locked
BEOVOX141:

I am more inclined to think he is trapped in an endless repetitive loop, where the only exit will be the inevitable C10,- brace yourself!

Or maybe just cntr x or exit Stick out tongue
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Jun 13 2019 7:19 PM | Locked

LG has confirmed that their USB WiSA Dongle is for sale in B&O's own stores.

Remember remember Don't Forget - 

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Fri, Jun 14 2019 11:42 AM | Locked

BEOVOX141:
The inevitable C10

@ BEOVOX141. Looks as pictures of the C10  Click here.

Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® to Living Rooms Everywhere with Immersiv3D Audio Solution.

WiSA:The solution delivers high-end audio features such as immersive multi-channel audio playback,
natural language processing and voice capabilities to fit today’s digitally savvy connected consumer.

I promise to return when I myself know how LG Innotek USB WiSA Dongle works with a LG TV.

50 pages - activated 50,000 times. I am proud. Stick out tongue

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Fri, Jun 14 2019 12:43 PM | Locked

Peter Pan:
50 pages - activated 50,000 times. I am proud. Stick out tongue

....and sadly deluded!

Ban boring signatures!

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Fri, Jun 14 2019 12:53 PM | Locked
Peter Pan:

50 pages - activated 50,000 times. I am proud.

To be fair Peter, I have to activate the thread to stop it showing as being unread in the active topics list. I must have done this a couple of hundred times myself. Just saying.....
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Fri, Jun 14 2019 2:59 PM | Locked

Good to see in itself can move the thread further. Over and out. Beer

Beosince98
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 274
Bronze Member
Beosince98 replied on Fri, Jun 14 2019 4:06 PM | Locked

I think this thread needs to be either deleted or comments need to be disabled. There is no value to this thread beyond the first few pages, in my opinion. I really like Beoworld and always try to add meaningful opinions and information. I do understand that some of the topics I have started and some of my comments are not perfect, but I always try to add value to this forum. If I imagine a Beoworld forum full of threads like this, with meaningless discussions and questionable information regarding the title of this thread, I certainly would not be a member of this forum anymore. I hope I do not offend anyone with this opinion, but every time this thread is on the first page of the forum, it takes the spot of a more meaningful, respectful, and informative topic being discussed. 

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Jun 14 2019 4:36 PM | Locked
Agreed, the thread is nothing more than insanity, reposting large parts of the internet. And the posters views have generally been wrong from the outset.

Car crashes have lots of views, doesn’t make that a good thing.

Or something to be proud of.

There are people in this world who talk to themselves and think they are right as everyone else stares at them.

Just saying.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Fri, Jun 14 2019 5:15 PM | Locked

I certainly do agree, that there is not much value in this thread - especially not when you consider how many postings there already are.

However, I do not understand why anyone can call out for the thread being deleted/the admins to take action etc.

It does not harm or offend anyone - if you aren’t interested, just ignore it....that should be easy.

There is enough to read and comment on the forum without ever thinking about this thread.

Relax!

MM

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Fri, Jun 14 2019 5:58 PM | Locked

Millemissen:

I certainly do agree, that there is not much value in this thread - especially not when you consider how many postings there already are.

However, I do not understand why anyone can call out for the thread being deleted/the admins to take action etc.

It does not harm or offend anyone - if you aren’t interested, just ignore it....that should be easy.

There is enough to read and comment on the forum without ever thinking about this thread.

Relax!

MM

The point is that the OP made a point of adding any old nonsense at least once a day this keeping it toward the top of the opening page.

Everyone who is complaining would gladly have ignored it and for it to have faded away but the OP isn't having any of it, even after a few barbed prompts, and is determined to keep it here - from what I can gather, primarily to irritate every one!

Ban boring signatures!

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Fri, Jun 14 2019 5:59 PM | Locked

Delete - double post

Ban boring signatures!

mawheele
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 258
Bronze Member
mawheele replied on Fri, Jun 14 2019 6:05 PM | Locked

Totally agree. Stop the thread. Clearly motivated by frustration with B&O rather than contributing to the benefit of the community - otherwise why deliberately post once a day for months on end. Game over - its not helpful or honest.

Beosince98
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 274
Bronze Member
Beosince98 replied on Fri, Jun 14 2019 6:23 PM | Locked

Millemissen:

Relax!

MM

I do delete my spam emails, and this thread has been a constant spam on the first page of the forum for quite some time now. However, this is not my email account, so I totally understand your point, and you may be right. This is definitely not my decision to make, but for the admins and the users of this forum to decide. That is why I voiced my opinion. I was hoping people would simply stop commenting on this thread so it does not pop up anymore, but this is not the case. I want to reiterate that I do not want to hurt anyones feelings, but rather have the maintenance of quality of this forum as my motivation. 

Page 19 of 25 (966 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS