Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

apple tv & Bv7-40 mkII

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

bikersupermoto
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
bikersupermoto Posted: Wed, Dec 26 2018 3:38 AM

hi,

hope everyone had a nice christmas holiday!.

whats the best way of connecting an apple tv to a BeoVision 7-40 mkII ( it has 3 scart sockets and the yellow, red. white phono/rca  sockets as a 4th input ).

+ how should i program my beo4 ( it has the dtv/dvd/cd buttons ) to activate that input when i want to tune into the apple tv?   

i have tried connecting the apple tv using a hdmi - rca lead to input 4, but i cant seem to tell the tv that i want to watch input 4! - iv read the manual over and over and cant for the life of me activate input4 and yes, i did configure input 4 in the tv menu as having extra equipment ( dvd2 ) plugged into it.

i then tried using an rca - scart connector and plugged this into av2  and programmed that into the menu and still nothing - so im not sure if the cable isnt wired up right ( is it even possible to convert hdmi to rca/scart ? ).  or is my bv 7 mkII just too old to do this?

many thanks for any help that can be given!

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Wed, Dec 26 2018 11:48 AM

If you are using a simple hdmi to SCART lead then the problem could be that hdmi is digital, whereas SCART is analogue.

Hence rather than just a 'lead' you need some sort of converter that will also do the Digital to Analogue conversion.  Like this: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Neoteck-Adapter-Composite-Converter-Supporting/dp/B01K7HYOAC/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1545824695&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=hdmi+to+rca&psc=1

I am not familiar with the BV7-Mk2, but if it has a DVI socket then there could be a better way of doing this.  If so, let me know and I'll make a better recommendation.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS