Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolink coverter Networklink Masterlink

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Stefan
Not Ranked
Berlin
Posts 19
Bronze Member
Stefan Posted: Sat, Aug 17 2019 8:59 PM

hi all,

I recently purchased a Beolink Converter, Networklink

masterlink.

I wanted to knstall today. Opened the box and no manual in.

does anyone has an manual. This thing seems to be quiet powerful with a lot of connections.

or do I just connect my Beosound 9000 and my beovplay V1 with it and it all works automatically???

thanks,

stefan

Soren
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 115
Bronze Member
Soren replied on Sat, Aug 17 2019 9:40 PM

Hi Stefan

It wouldn’t work right off the box like the other converters... you can find all there is to know in the Beolink handbook:

https://beointegration.com/uploaded/EN-BeoLink-handbook-v1-7.pdf

Søren

Stefan
Not Ranked
Berlin
Posts 19
Bronze Member
Stefan replied on Sun, Aug 18 2019 5:32 AM
Hi Soren, thanks for the nice pdf. But I have one more very important question. In the pdf they write "the BeoLink Converter NL/ML has a build-in Web Interface, which is used for set-up" How can I "enter" this Web interface??? What is the address? How do I need to connect the converter? I have not yet connected it to anything. So it might work seamless as soon as I connect to my V1, but I just don#t know. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Stefan
steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Sun, Aug 18 2019 5:48 AM
First of all, i’ve spent many week or months in trying to configure the ML/NL converter. It’s a powerful although hugely complicated beast. The manual wasn’t overly helpful, but there were a few folks in this forum who really greatly helped. You may want to search for the main thread, which has a few pages on various configurations.

To answer your Q: you need to connect the ML/NL with your home network. It doesn’t have wifi, so you need to connect your lan with a network cable to the ML/NL. Also power of course. That’s the first step. You can see the IP in your router and then connect through it in your web interface. you could also use the beosetup up, but i found the web interface more convenient.

If you want to connect speakers to the ML/NL, use the PL. If you want to connect other ML devices to it, use the ML out.
beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sun, Aug 18 2019 12:21 PM

@Steve

You asked questions in the B&O app thread about using a Moment in an integrated setup. I thought it might be more appropriate to respond in this thread where it could be more useful to others, too.

I connected an NL/ML converter via ML to my BeoVision 10. By doing so, the BeoVision 10 can appear via NL as an available BeoVision for my Moment to integrate with it to use that BeoVision's speakers. This selection is done on the Moment when you take off the back panel to get into the settings. Then you make the selection to use a BeoVision's speakers under the "sound" and then "speaker setup" menu.

For the O.P.: It's true that the regular manual for the converter is not very detailed. There is a MUCH more detailed manual available. If you PM me, I'd be happy to send it to you.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sun, Aug 18 2019 12:30 PM

@Steve

I forgot to add that I have my Moment connected to NL via CAT 7 -- as I have all of my NL devices connected by cable rather than wifi.

I have my NL/ML Converter set as A.Master with my BeoVision 10 set as V.Master. I use the NL/ML converter's web interface to map the Moment (and other NL devices' sources) as available on ML as CD, A.Mem, etc.

BTW, I'm getting ready to add my FIFTH NL/ML converter! I'll then have the following legacy ML devices available on NL:

BeoSound 9000

BeoSound 5

BeoCenter 2

BeoMaster 5500 with BeoGram 9500 and BeoGram 3000 turntables

BeoSound 2300

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sun, Aug 18 2019 2:01 PM

Stefan:
How can I "enter" this Web interface???
see for the IP address in your router, then open a browser on a Mac/PC/or.. and add the IP address.

The web interface should start. Standard user/password: admin/admin

Or install the Bang & Olufsen app. Be sure the BLC is connected to the router and is running. Add the BLC as source in the app; choose the BLC; select "product settings" and " about"  - the IP address is shown. etc....

Note: I refer to the Beolink Converter NL/ML as BLC.

Soren
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 115
Bronze Member
Soren replied on Sun, Aug 18 2019 2:48 PM

Carolpa:

Or install the Bang & Olufsen app. Be sure the BLC is connected to the router and is running. Add the BLC as source in the app; choose the BLC; select "product settings" and " about"  - the IP address is shown. etc....

Be aware that you can’t use the Bang & Olufsen app any more... they removed that functionality some updates ago.

Instead you have to use the “old” BeoSetup app.

Søren

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sun, Aug 18 2019 2:53 PM

Soren:
Carolpa:

Be aware that you can’t use the Bang & Olufsen app any more... they removed that functionality some updates ago.

Instead you have to use the “old” BeoSetup app.

Søren

So true, but still a relative easy way to learn the IP address of the BLC. 

I prefer a web browser to change settings on a BLC..... still the easiest.

Stefan
Not Ranked
Berlin
Posts 19
Bronze Member
Stefan replied on Sun, Aug 18 2019 7:17 PM

Dear all,

thank you all for the advices. I will try to figure out set the system up.

Thanks. 

Stefan

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Sat, Aug 24 2019 5:00 AM

beojeff:
@Steve

I forgot to add that I have my Moment connected to NL via CAT 7 -- as I have all of my NL devices connected by cable rather than wifi.

I have my NL/ML Converter set as A.Master with my BeoVision 10 set as V.Master. I use the NL/ML converter's web interface to map the Moment (and other NL devices' sources) as available on ML as CD, A.Mem, etc.

Trying to set it the same way as you do. I now have a Moment, a BV5 and a ML/NL converter. I have the ML/NL connected to the BV5 via ML. I don't have any cable between the Moment and the ML/NL and also not between the Moment and the BV5. I have set the ML/NL as BLGW via SW in the settings of the Moment.

I still need to configure the ML/NL in its settings.

Setting
ML enabled: yes
ML role: A-Master
NL connect primary to: Moment
Product controlled by Apps: V-Master
PL enable line-in sense: off

Sources visible on ML: I think I know what this does, but this is only needed if I use the Beo4 to select channels from NL. For example, I can select "Radio" to play "TuneIn from my A9" if I select it on the Beo4. I have not succeeded to configure it to play from the Moment. How I can configure the ML/NL to pick up signals that the Moment joined.

Experiences mapped to NL: also not relevant unless I'd like to send the TV audio signal to NL devices

And what I cannot get to work at all is for the BV5 via ML/NL to basically act as a Moment speaker. I.e., the BV5 plays whatever the Moment plays (i.e., joins, selects on its own, etc.). And ideally even auto-joins / auto-plays.

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Sat, Aug 24 2019 5:05 AM

Mmh... No idea why, but the Moment now no longer shows up in the "multi-room" view of the B&O app. It used to before. Could this have been caused to some of the settings I have done in the ML/NL?

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Sat, Aug 24 2019 11:05 AM

beojeff:
I connected an NL/ML converter via ML to my BeoVision 10. By doing so, the BeoVision 10 can appear via NL as an available BeoVision for my Moment to integrate with it to use that BeoVision's speakers. This selection is done on the Moment when you take off the back panel to get into the settings. Then you make the selection to use a BeoVision's speakers under the "sound" and then "speaker setup" menu.

I think I got what you have done. Unfortunately. no BV shows up in the selection menu. Issue may be that my BV may not be in V.Master mode? How do I set this up and any negative impact from it?

With your setup, you can integrate BVs, but can not integrate with a NL device like an A9. I saw in the other thread that you are trying to make this work as well.

Both setups would be interesting for me. I have two BVs. I can only setup one BV as V.Master, right?

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
beojeff:

It's true that the regular manual for the converter is not very detailed. There is a MUCH more detailed manual available. If you PM me, I'd be happy to send it to you.

Hi Jeff,

I too have an NL/ML converter, and would appreciate understanding it better. Would you mind sharing a copy via PM?

Kind regards,

Lawrence
Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Mon, Aug 26 2019 6:30 PM

lawrencejmcook:
beojeff:

It's true that the regular manual for the converter is not very detailed. There is a MUCH more detailed manual available. If you PM me, I'd be happy to send it to you.

Hi Jeff,

I too have an NL/ML converter, and would appreciate understanding it better. Would you mind sharing a copy via PM?

Kind regards,

Lawrence

hi Jeff,

I would also appreciate to PM receive a copy.

thanks in advance

beoaus
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 177
Bronze Member
beoaus replied on Tue, Aug 27 2019 7:46 AM

Hi Steve77, hang in there.

Some brief thoughts, if you are still stuck.

For the Moment being in the same room as the BV5. Perhaps the BLC needs to be set as an Audio Master, then using Option 0 as the ML Option, that I believe turns the speakers off in the local room and should allow for the Moment to play through the ML linked BV5...That is if the BV5 is set to see a ML Audio Master in the same room. Note that also the Moment may also need its speaker cover removed and a switch triggered in Speaker setup -> Use TV speakers or similar settings in the interface.

Cheers Beoaus

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS