Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

How to capture from KNX to BLGW?

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 1 Follower

Aleksei
Top 500 Contributor
Russia
Posts 84
Bronze Member
Aleksei Posted: Wed, Aug 26 2020 2:18 PM

Hi,

I have the BLGW connected (among others) to KNX. The integration works well from BLGW to KNX (e.g. when I press the Lutron button it starts the BLGW macro that is transferred to KNX and it works). I also have the KNX thermostat and CO2 sensor, that I am able to read from BeoLink (so, BLGW can read the specific existing Group address - if the macro is initiated at BLGW).

What I want to do is that pressing the button on KNX wall panel will switch on the BeoLab (It means that the macro is initiated by KNX).   So, I have put BLGW into "capture" mode at Resources page, but cannot get any signal.. The KNX telegrams just cannot be seen in BLGW admin interface.

I have also created the Group Address at ETS and tried to use it as the trigger in Macro. The addresses has the CR-T attributes as described in Help, and I tried both with Virtual Tunnelling and without. No any success.

Does anyone know where to look further?

https://beointegration.wordpress.com/

1:BV7+BL7.1+BS4+BL6000+BV6+BL2000+MLGW+Beo4

2:BV7+BL7.4+BL3500+BM5+BL3+Lutron GE/Sivoia QS+HikVision+Dune+LinTronic+BLGW+Beo4+Beo5+Essence remote+BeoTime+BeoLinkPC+BL4+KNX+... BeoMaster900

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Wed, Aug 26 2020 6:58 PM

Did you look at the ETS5 project at beointegration.com (controlling BeoSound from a KNX panel)? Maybe you can find a clue there. Khimo is at the forum too, maybe they can provide some guidance?

I want to use this feature too, so please update the thread if you’ve found a solution!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Thu, Aug 27 2020 11:27 AM

Aleksei:

Hi,

I have the BLGW connected (among others) to KNX. The integration works well from BLGW to KNX (e.g. when I press the Lutron button it starts the BLGW macro that is transferred to KNX and it works). I also have the KNX thermostat and CO2 sensor, that I am able to read from BeoLink (so, BLGW can read the specific existing Group address - if the macro is initiated at BLGW).

What I want to do is that pressing the button on KNX wall panel will switch on the BeoLab (It means that the macro is initiated by KNX).   So, I have put BLGW into "capture" mode at Resources page, but cannot get any signal.. The KNX telegrams just cannot be seen in BLGW admin interface.

I have also created the Group Address at ETS and tried to use it as the trigger in Macro. The addresses has the CR-T attributes as described in Help, and I tried both with Virtual Tunnelling and without. No any success.

Does anyone know where to look further?

I never captured a KNX event, but I use several KNX switches (1 bit, dtp 1.00X, on-off) to control other KNX devices, RS232 devices and Beo, of course. I just tested a new macro - event: a KNX wall switch (actually a binary input of a KNX dimmactor) pressing set value true - command: start N.RADIO (BS5 in mainroom) in the musicroom activating a BL active - simply works...

Hope this helps

Stefan

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Fri, Aug 28 2020 8:44 AM

Could you share the ETS and BLx configurations with a screenshot?

I need to decide this month if I go for KNX in my new home so I am slightly anxious now.

Aleksei
Top 500 Contributor
Russia
Posts 84
Bronze Member
Aleksei replied on Fri, Aug 28 2020 9:20 AM

Thank you, Stefan,this is actually the solution.

So, the capturing still does not work, but it is actually not needed for me as is.

I have created the needed resources in BLGW (in my case Toggle button and Button works well) using the Group Addresses, already existing in ETS. And then created the macro, so when the resource is activated (set to 1 or 0), it triggers the event.

This works both with native KNX GA (I have added the radio ON command while switching on the light) and with dedicated GA (one KNX wall panel is used only to operate BLGW commands)

--

Previously I wrote "I have also created the Group Address at ETS and tried to use it as the trigger in Macro. The addresses has the CR-T attributes as described in Help, and I tried both with Virtual Tunnelling and without. No any success" - That was not working since I used the wrong Beo4 command :) so could not see the result.

2:BV7+BL7.4+BL3500+BM5+BL3+Lutron GE/Sivoia QS+HikVision+Dune+LinTronic+BLGW+Beo4+Beo5+Essence remote+BeoTime+BeoLinkPC+BL4+KNX+... BeoMaster900

Aleksei
Top 500 Contributor
Russia
Posts 84
Bronze Member
Aleksei replied on Fri, Aug 28 2020 9:24 AM

If you can afford it, go ahead. KNX is much better supported than BLGW :)))

My next plan is to use Gira X1, that should even replace Beolink on iPhone.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Fri, Aug 28 2020 9:53 AM

Cool, will you be able to control your B&O from the Gira?

I plan to use BeoLiving for basic visualisation and to integrate some Hue lights. iPad with Basalte Eve on the wall for system control. But will have the bus behind it, so I can switch to a KNX panel in future.

Aleksei
Top 500 Contributor
Russia
Posts 84
Bronze Member
Aleksei replied on Fri, Aug 28 2020 10:22 AM

I haven't tried yet, but shoud be possible by assigning the list of B&O specific group addresses.

Thanks for the Basalte Eve reference! This is exactly what I am looking for. Though the pricing is higher than expected.

I am using the iPad with BeoLink 2 now, but not totally happy with it. First, you need to be very careful while tapping, the ocasional change of the scenes is a usual issue. The other thing is that you need to put iPad in kiosk (single app) mode. Otherwise it is annoying for the daily use to login, open the app etc... KNX panel should be better, since it is always ready.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Hello all, we appear to have arrived late to the party!

@Aleksei, glad to hear you got the system working with the addresses. There should not be a problem with the capture feature on the BLGW or on the BLI with KNX products. If you still wish to solve this particular issue please don't hesitate to contact us through here or at support@khimo.com so as to try and find any particularity in your installation that could be making it fail.

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Mon, Aug 31 2020 4:50 PM

Aleksei:

Thank you, Stefan,this is actually the solution.

So, the capturing still does not work, but it is actually not needed for me as is.

I have created the needed resources in BLGW (in my case Toggle button and Button works well) using the Group Addresses, already existing in ETS. And then created the macro, so when the resource is activated (set to 1 or 0), it triggers the event.

Hi Aleksei,

glad to read that it works for you! And thanks for the GIRA X1 link - I`m using also Xhome, a software by Xsolution.de - supporting KNX, LCN, Modbus, Siemens, Homematic, Enigma2 (Dreambox), Sonos (which I don`t use) unfortunately not supporting Beo - but you can control Beo via KNX through Xhome - great ui, you can draw your house into it and set lights, shades, termosthats, whatever right into it and control everything with full 2 way communication. Unfortunately Beolink/Beoliving app doesn`t even works 2 way for shades (KNX) - a bug in the shade button with status...

There is another system which looks interesting to me. RTI www.rticontrol.de supporting KNX (of course...) Russound, LG, Sonos, Sony, Meridian, whatever..unforunately not Beo).

Stefan

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Mon, Aug 31 2020 5:00 PM

1990:

Could you share the ETS and BLx configurations with a screenshot?

I need to decide this month if I go for KNX in my new home so I am slightly anxious now.

You can go for KNX - no reason to be anxious - I`ver started with the ETS4 demo, it`s for free, and you can create small projects with 5 KNX devices (ETS5 demo). You just need an IP interface, a power supply and you can start with a single dimmactor (I started with a GIRA UP dimmactor with two integrated binary inputs - if you already have a BLGW, it helps.... this all should be no more than 350 Euros (?) - and now you have to learn about datapoints and group addresses - it`s not that difficult...

Hope this helps

Stefan

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Mon, Aug 31 2020 5:06 PM

Khimo Support:

@Aleksei, glad to hear you got the system working with the addresses. There should not be a problem with the capture feature on the BLGW or on the BLI with KNX products. If you still wish to solve this particular issue please don't hesitate to contact us through here or at support@khimo.com so as to try and find any particularity in your installation that could be making it fail.

Hi,

why not post the KNX capture solution for BLGW/BLI here in the forum? As you can see, there are more people interested in KNX and Beo - thanks.

Stefan

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member
Hi Stefan!
It's not that we don't want to share the solution Embarrassed The capture function should be working with KNX systems on both the BLI and the BLGW. Of course, there can be complexities in interactions inside an installation that may be hiding the events sent by a certain system, this is why we offer for any of you who may be having a problem of this kind to contact us directly, and it is very possible that we can help locate and solve it with specific information about the setup Smile
The same goes for your issue with the feedback of shades w/status, it should be working! Feel free to contact us and we can look into your problem.
stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Mon, Sep 7 2020 3:43 PM

Khimo Support:

Hi Stefan!
It's not that we don't want to share the solution Embarrassed The capture function should be working with KNX systems on both the BLI and the BLGW.

Thanks for your reply - that`s not what I thought..:) but it may be easier to share a solution here in public, that`s why the forum exists, I think.

Khimo Support:

The same goes for your issue with the feedback of shades w/status, it should be working! Feel free to contact us and we can look into your problem.

My problem with the KNX shade is, that we have two different buttons for shades 1- SHADE without state (requires group addresses for up/down)

and 2- SHADE (requires group addresses for up/down and state) - the state of the shade is shown in the webpanel and on the resources state list and the monitor - means - it works! But there is no state info (in perecent like the dimmer state) in the Beoliving app - there is just aa up- a down- and a stop button.

(same as on the `Shade without state`).

Hope this makes sense...

I will also contact you through Test Flight - thanks

Stefan

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Hi Steffan,

We recieved your TestFlight message! Yes, you are totally right about the lack of feedback on the shades in this case. We will be implementing this feature in a future release (soon)!

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Thu, Sep 10 2020 11:46 AM

Great News! Thanks - looking forward to Version1.3.5 !

And sorry, Aleksei, for hijacking your thread about capturing KNX to BLGW..

Stefan

Aleksei
Top 500 Contributor
Russia
Posts 84
Bronze Member
Aleksei replied on Mon, Apr 26 2021 12:06 PM

Khimo Support:

Hello,

Sorry, it took so long to reply. The reason of my silence is that everything just works in my setuo all this time, except rare problems with interconnections between systems, usually caused by changes in the IP addresses of the system.

(e.g. I have programmed "Away" button on Litron QSWS, that sends signl to BLGW, which, in turn, sends the signal to KNX to shut down lights in the bathroom. And sometimes it does not work. I clean it nowadays to make all addresses static at DHCP-server, so should be fixed soon).

And no, capturing of KNX still does not work, but I do not need it now.

But I will definetely write you if anything will go wrong :)

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS