Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BLC Setup Question / Advice

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Tim84
Top 500 Contributor
Munich
Posts 98
Bronze Member
Tim84 Posted: Sun, Dec 6 2020 9:19 AM

Hello Beoworlders,

I recently bought a BLC and now want to integrate it to my Setup and reduce some cables ;-)

The idea is to use my BeoSound Core as an Audio Master with my BeoVision 7-40 as Video Master. The Beosound core is installed in my office and connects to a turntable and Wifi Network. Can I connect the BLC to my BeoVision and tell the BeoVision that when I press N.Music the Beosound Core should start and play music via the speakers of the BeoVision 7? Is this possible? The Beosound Core has no cable connection to the BLC.

What do I have to setup in the BEoViosion and what do I have to setup in the BLC? Some Help would be amazing. I tried several setups but nothing seemed to work. Do I need an IR eye on the BLC or can it use the IR Signal coming from the BeoVision?

Thanks for your Help.

Living room: BeoVision 7 MKV + BeoLab 7-2 + 2x BeoLab 8000 + BeoLab 2 + 2x BeoLab 4000
Office / guest room: BV 7-32 MKIV / BL7-1; BeoSound Core + Turntable
Kitchen: BeoPlay M3
Bathroom: Gira Radio + BeoLab Celestial
Entrance: BeoPlay M3

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Sun, Dec 6 2020 9:52 AM

You can configure the BLC to use the like you planned it. You can find the settings in these handbooks:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0t5d3esjvtozoy/BLC_NL-ML%20Installation%20Guide%20Ver.%201.2.pdf?dl=0

https://beointegration.com/uploaded/EN-BeoLink-handbook-v1-7.pdf

You don’t need an IR-eye for the Core! I guess the only relevant thing to know is whether the Core is connected to its own set of speakers?

Tim84
Top 500 Contributor
Munich
Posts 98
Bronze Member
Tim84 replied on Sun, Dec 6 2020 1:38 PM

1990:

You can configure the BLC to use the like you planned it. You can find the settings in these handbooks:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0t5d3esjvtozoy/BLC_NL-ML%20Installation%20Guide%20Ver.%201.2.pdf?dl=0

https://beointegration.com/uploaded/EN-BeoLink-handbook-v1-7.pdf

You don’t need an IR-eye for the Core! I guess the only relevant thing to know is whether the Core is connected to its own set of speakers?

The BeoSound Core has no speakers connected to it. I did setup everything according to the manual I think but it seems not working the TV won't activate and nothing happens.

The BLC is connected directly to the BV7 and has a direct LAN Connection. The BeoSound Core is connected via WIFI to the BLC. Am I missing something? I will ry to make screenshots and attach them so my faults in the configuration can be found ;-)

Living room: BeoVision 7 MKV + BeoLab 7-2 + 2x BeoLab 8000 + BeoLab 2 + 2x BeoLab 4000

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Sun, Dec 6 2020 2:38 PM

Can you play music on the BV via the app? If so it might be solved by setting the tv to the right Option.

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sun, Dec 6 2020 2:41 PM

M3's, BLC, Core are all connected to the same network?

How did you set the BLC (V.Master, A.Master, A.Slave.....)?

Did you set the NL sources to be seen by ML in the BLC-settings? And how did you set the IR-mapping in the BLC?

Only the BLC is ML connected to the BV7

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Sun, Dec 6 2020 2:41 PM

The BV should be set in Option 2. 

https://www.beoworld.org/beotech/mlsetups.htm

Tim84
Top 500 Contributor
Munich
Posts 98
Bronze Member
Tim84 replied on Sun, Dec 6 2020 4:39 PM

The BLC is set as Audio Master, The BeoVision is on Option 2. Everything is on the same network and currently the only think connected to the BLC via Masterlink is the BeoVision. 

Is there a way to check if my BeoVision ML Socket is damaged? This is the only idea I have left.

Here is my setup of the BLC in pictures. https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/members/Tim84/files/BLC+Setup/default.aspx

Tim84
Top 500 Contributor
Munich
Posts 98
Bronze Member
Tim84 replied on Mon, Dec 7 2020 10:37 AM

It seems the system is not receiving any commands. Neither Bang & Olufsen App nor Beoremote Commends seem to have an effect. The TV works like a charm by itself and I can stream Vinyl audio to my Beoplay 3s. Bute Besound Core to BeoVision seems not to work.

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Mon, Dec 7 2020 5:00 PM

Tim84:
It seems the system is not receiving any commands. Neither Bang & Olufsen App nor Beoremote Commends seem to have an effect. The TV works like a charm by itself and I can stream Vinyl audio to my Beoplay 3s. Bute Besound Core to BeoVision seems not to work.
Did you try after rebooting the BLC (mains off wait a minute, mains on and wait until the BLC is restarted)

Tim84
Top 500 Contributor
Munich
Posts 98
Bronze Member
Tim84 replied on Sat, Dec 19 2020 4:41 PM

It is now all working. I can control the TV via App. Control the beosound core via Remote etc.

The setup is now nearly perfect. There are only two things missing or better said can be optimized:

1. Is it possible that my BeoVision starts playing music when i send music from my iPhone via Airplay2 to the BeoSound Core?
  2. The audio is not synchronized when i stream the TV Sound from the BeoVision to my BeoPlay M3's

It would be amazing if these two things could be solved.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS