Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocord 1200 not playing

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

kb1981
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
kb1981 Posted: Fri, Mar 5 2021 2:25 PM

Hi All,

I have owned a beocord 1200 for a while but never really tried using it. It powers up fine, and I can fast forward and rewind but when I set it to play, the mechanism rises, but the tape doesn't roll. Has anyone any experience with this problem and how to resolve it?

Thanks

Kevin

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sat, Mar 6 2021 7:24 AM

Check for broken belts.

Martin

kb1981
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
kb1981 replied on Wed, Mar 10 2021 8:14 AM

thanks Martin. I've never opened anything up before but perhaps I'll give this one a whirl!

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Mar 10 2021 12:23 PM

Take off the tapehead cover and look down.

Martin

lvigil
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
lvigil replied on Sun, Feb 13 2022 11:54 PM

Hello Kevin, 

I have the same issue with my Beocord.  I have watched several videos.  From what I gather when you push the lever up to play, this engages almost like a clutch pad on the back side that allows it to play.  

My issue is that the back plate is too far away for it to engage.  Supposedly there is a screw that you turn on the front side that adjusts this spacing.  I have turned it both cw and ccw, with no success.

In addition, when I try to rewind, the reel will not rewind.  My belts are all intact and are not worn.  

I would imagine it must be something very simple, but my brother and I have not been able to figure it out.

If and when we do I will certainly let you know.  

Please let me know if you find something as well.

Good luck, 

Polo

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS