Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoMedia 1 MAC Help

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

R19DAG
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
R19DAG Posted: Thu, Mar 15 2012 2:39 PM

I have just got a beomedia 1 which is due to arrive tommorrow but was wondering if anyone has one of these units running a mac pc, can i connect the pc directly to the unit so i can import my music and videos from itunes or do you have to do this via the network, is the unit easy to set up?

Many thanks

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Thu, Mar 15 2012 3:27 PM

Dean:

I have just got a beomedia 1 which is due to arrive tommorrow but was wondering if anyone has one of these units running a mac pc, can i connect the pc directly to the unit so i can import my music and videos from itunes or do you have to do this via the network, is the unit easy to set up?

Many thanks

The easiest way is to install Beoconnect.

Copying and registering are done in Beoconnect. Drag and Drop your audiofiles to the Beoconnect icon in the tray.

Copying is done via your network.

If you're planning to copy via an external USB drive directly attached to the BM1, you will need an external mouse and/or keyboard for the BM1.

The latter can be the fastest way to copy.

R19DAG
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
R19DAG replied on Tue, Mar 20 2012 7:50 PM

Thank you, I have just plugged in my beomedia 1 and downloaded the software from the web sire beoplayer. I have had to add the device manually by obtaining the ip address and name, but it is now asking for a password?

I have entered the serial number but this does not work, any ideas what the default password is?

Many thanks

R19DAG
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
R19DAG replied on Tue, Mar 20 2012 7:51 PM

sorry i downloaded beoconnect for mac

Rolf 2
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 324
Bronze Member
Rolf 2 replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 10:14 AM
For installation and set up, do you use the BM 1 installation manual? I myself bought a BM 1 some weeks ago and installed it. The password is asked if you connect your MAC via Beoconnect with the BM 1 in your home network. Up front you have to set the password in the Service Menu of the BM 1 (which usually does the dealer if being installed by him). It can be named as you wish, e. g. your networks password, your name, etc.

Hope that helps.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS