Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

AirPlay multiroom latency - new setting in M5 sw

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 263
Bronze Member
Dyssegaard Posted: Wed, Aug 25 2021 1:33 PM
A new sw was available today for my M5 - 1.26.45904.

I have installed it, and I have noticed a new setting under BEOLINK/SOUNDSYNC called Airplay multiroom latency - se attached screenshot:

Does anyone know what the purpose of this new setting is?

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Living room: Beovision Eclipse 55, Beolab 3 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 / R1 (sub), AppleTV 4K. Bedroom: Beovision 11-40, AppleTV 4. Home office: Beoplay M5. Kitchen: Beoplay M5. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Aug 25 2021 5:14 PM
Same setting available in M3s. I generally have real problems with Airplay over multiroom since speakers do not sync.

This setting may be a solution.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Aug 25 2021 5:18 PM
And in Beosound 1 as well. I tried to change the delay and it appear you need to do that on each device individually.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Wed, Aug 25 2021 6:50 PM

Hiort:
And in Beosound 1 as well. I tried to change the delay and it appear you need to do that on each device individually.
And Shape (Core) and Essence mkII and Beoplay A6

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Aug 26 2021 8:40 AM
Hiort:

Same setting available in M3s. I generally have real problems with Airplay over multiroom since speakers do not sync.

Do you mean you have sync issue when streaming AirPlay 2 to multiple B&O speakers or do you have sync issue when distributing AirPlay over B&O multiroom?

I use the latest every day for many hours and I never noticed any sync issues.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Aug 26 2021 9:58 AM

mbolo01:

Do you mean you have sync issue when streaming AirPlay 2 to multiple B&O speakers or do you have sync issue when distributing AirPlay over B&O multiroom?

The sync issue is when I use Airplay 2 only. If I airplay to one unit and use multiroom to the others it works perfect.

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Thu, Aug 26 2021 10:03 AM
mbolo01:

I use the latest every day for many hours and I never noticed any sync issues. BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

same over here. AirPlay to one device, multiroom to other devices, no sync problems.

Tried yesterday if with the new option one could get a Balance and other devices in sync. First tests failed though.

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 263
Bronze Member
Dyssegaard replied on Thu, Aug 26 2021 10:05 AM
Hiort:

The sync issue is when I use Airplay 2 only. If I airplay to one unit and use multiroom to the others it works perfect.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen : Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom : M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2 Library : Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom : M5, Essence remote Travel : Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2, Beoplay Earset

Have you been able to fix the problem using this new latency setting?

Living room: Beovision Eclipse 55, Beolab 3 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 / R1 (sub), AppleTV 4K. Bedroom: Beovision 11-40, AppleTV 4. Home office: Beoplay M5. Kitchen: Beoplay M5. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member
2.4 vs 5 ghz makes big difference for me.

5 ghz network has major sync issues.

2.4 ghz works like a charm.

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 263
Bronze Member
Dyssegaard replied on Thu, Aug 26 2021 11:40 AM
leosgonewild:

2.4 vs 5 ghz makes big difference for me.

5 ghz network has major sync issues.

2.4 ghz works like a charm. "You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

I have my products cabled, and I have no problems with Airplay synch.

I have not enabled AirPlay for multiroom in the settings. I have tried, but then I get severe synch problems when using AirPlay the normal way from my ios apps.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Aug 26 2021 1:38 PM

Dyssegaard:

Have you been able to fix the problem using this new latency setting?

No, I have not tried yet :) 

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 263
Bronze Member
Today I have discovered that my BV11 can no longer join a Spotify stream via Spotify Connect to one of my M5s.

So I decided to do some testing of the AirPlay multiroom latency setting on my M5s.

With the settings below on both M5s, I am able to Airplay Spotify to the M5s and the Eclipse and join the BV11 over NL, and all is in perfect sync Smile

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Dyssegaard:
Today I have discovered that my BV11 can no longer join a Spotify stream via Spotify Connect to one of my M5s.

That made me curious!

So I had to try here.

Just like before I can easily play via Spotify Connect to my Essence MK2 and join in from my BV Avant 1.gen……which should basicly be the same.

I haven’t noticed any changes there.

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 263
Bronze Member
Millemissen:

That made me curious!

So I had to try here.

Just like before I can easily play via Spotify Connect to my Essence MK2 and join in from my BV Avant 1.gen……which should basicly be the same.

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Thanks for the feedback.

I will try to reset my network to see if that will bring Spotify back on the BV11.

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 263
Bronze Member
Millemissen:

That made me curious!

So I had to try here.

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Thanks again MM.

I have now made a complete shutdown/startup of my network and B&O devices - and still no Spotify on BV11 via M5.

But when I integrate the Eclipse as the 2nd product on BV11 (M5 is the first), the BV11 can join Spotify on the Eclipse sound center Smile.

The Eclipse sound center does not have the new Airplay latency setting - only the ability to use Airplay over NL, maybe this is causing the problem …

PS: Do you have the Airplay latency setting on your Essence MK2 ?

EDIT: This is so strange. 10 min after my posting, the BV11 could also join Spotify on both M5s - even on the one not integrated with the BV11. Maybe the network reset did do some good anyway Big Smile.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS