Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Speaker Cover Dowels

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Torquemeister
Not Ranked
Australia
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Torquemeister Posted: Fri, Nov 12 2021 5:45 AM

Guys I have just acquired a pair of M75s. One of the front covers is hanging by only two of the dowels as the others were broken or missing.

Any suggestions as to where I can buy replacements? Ive just bought some off eBay (Monacor Front Dowels for Speakers) that I thought would do the job but they are a different size.

Thanks in advance (they sound fantastic connected to my Beocenter 7002.

Premiumverum
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 115
Gold Member

Difficult to find fitting dowels! Has been asked here before but I've never seen a perfect solution.

Some glue or screw wall plugs normally used for screws in place. I've also read about someone using sticky magnets.

I would love a good solution (3d print? reproduction?) So I'll keep an eye on this thread.

anthonyof
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
anthonyof replied on Fri, Nov 12 2021 2:57 PM

Hello there. I too had this problem a few years ago. They are quite delicate and snap easily. What I did was just replace them all with those small discs of velcro, it works fine.

Torquemeister
Not Ranked
Australia
Posts 3
Bronze Member

Hey now why didnt I think of that. Great solution - many thanks - will do! I even have some velcro spots about somewhere..............

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS