Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoVision 10 + Beoremote One + Apple TV 4K

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Majomi
Not Ranked
Copenhagen
Posts 9
Bronze Member
Majomi Posted: Sat, Feb 12 2022 1:21 PM

Hi beoworld,

I’ve successfully connected a new beoremote one BT with my beovision and Apple tv. I can switch to ‘Beo4 Video’ and then have full control over my beovision, and then switch to ‘Apple tv’ and have full control over my Apple tv… however, when I’m controlling the Apple TV and want to adjust the volume i have to switch back to ‘Beo4 Video’ just to adjust volume, and then back to ‘Apple tv’ to control movies etc… is there a way to simplify this, so I don’t have to do all the switching back and forth?

Thank you

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sat, Feb 12 2022 1:37 PM

Did you check to see if the Apple Remote is in your PUC list? If not, you might need to have a dealer add it to your PUC list. This give you control of your Apple TV via an IR blaster connected to your BV10. This way, you don't need to change the device controlled by your BeoRemote One.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sat, Feb 12 2022 1:39 PM

If you're not familiar with PUC, I should add that the PUC control is setup on your BeoVision 10 with regard to each video input connection.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sat, Feb 12 2022 1:41 PM

Also, if the Apple Remote is NOT listed in the BV10 PUC list, you can actually use another device that's listed in the PUC list and then program your Apple TV to accept those remote codes.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

beojeff:

If you're not familiar with PUC, I should add that the PUC control is setup on your BeoVision 10 with regard to each video input connection.

This already was discussed here:

https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/50349/353488.aspx#353488

The ‘short’ answer to the question is……….if Majomi wants to do it right (meaning: ease of use and option for turning on the ATV/BV10 for just music in one go), he should have the Apple PUC installed and best use the remote, that was made for that BV = a Beo4.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sat, Feb 12 2022 2:19 PM

Millemissen:
he should have the Apple PUC installed and best use the remote, that was made for that BV = a Beo4
If the PUC is installed the control of the ATV will also be fine with a BR1 (similar experience as a Beo4).

Majomi
Not Ranked
Copenhagen
Posts 9
Bronze Member
Majomi replied on Sat, Feb 12 2022 2:40 PM

Alright, I’ll go and talk to my local dealer… thank you!

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sat, Feb 12 2022 2:54 PM

Majomi:

Alright, I’ll go and talk to my local dealer… thank you!

In the meantime, you can use another device in the PUC and have the Apple TV learn the remote codes. (A previous post I made about this went into moderation.)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Carolpa:

Millemissen:
he should have the Apple PUC installed and best use the remote, that was made for that BV = a Beo4
If the PUC is installed the control of the ATV will also be fine with a BR1 (similar experience as a Beo4).

Sure that is possible.

However, if one often wants to listen to music only via Airplay (with a blank screen and only from the external L/R speakers), that will be much easier with a Beo4……….using the A/V function - the A/V button (either as hard button or as a List button moved to one of the first places in the list), before pushing the actual source button.

That won’t be that easy with the Beoremote One/BT.

MM

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sat, Feb 12 2022 4:24 PM

Millemissen:
Carolpa:
Millemissen:

Sure that is possible.

However, if one often wants to listen to music only via Airplay (with a blank screen and only from the external L/R speakers), that will be much easier with a Beo4……….using the A/V function - the A/V button (either as hard button or as a List button moved to one of the first places in the list), before pushing the actual source button.

That won’t be that easy with the Beoremote One/BT.

MM

"picture off" should do the trick also. The AV is often a listed item on several Beo4's, so hardly a difference.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

On further thinking……

…..one of the Mybuttons could be used for this purpose for easy access to a function like A/V -> ‘Source’ (in order to have a blank screen right away).

So either one goes…….I just love the Beo4’s, when it comes to controlling the older BV’s Smile

MM

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS