Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Poor customer service from B&O

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 2 Followers

JC
Top 150 Contributor
West Yorkshire
Posts 764
Silver Member
JC Posted: Tue, Mar 26 2013 4:13 PM

I have twice now, over the last three weeks written and email to B&O customer services. I am looking for some help with a BV8 DVB-T module. Sadly no reply has been received from them, even though they give a ref number for the open case.

Ver very poor I am afraid!!!!

Jonnie

Not Ranked
Posts 71
Bronze Member
11048437 replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 4:25 PM

One of the reason I almost sold all my B&O 1 year age including: Beovision ,  4x Beolab 5, 6x Beolab 8000, and many more....

I still have some B&O( because of my wife ) but I will not buy any other B&O ...

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 4:41 PM

Have you asked your dealer? That would be my first port of call.

Peter

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posts 5,495
Founder

JC:
BV8 DVB-T module

Jonnie,

What are your questions regarding the Beovision 8 DVB-T and I will see if I can answer them for you..

Regards Keith....

JC
Top 150 Contributor
West Yorkshire
Posts 764
Silver Member
JC replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 5:08 PM

Hi Peter yes I have. I need to get hold of a module, it is no longer available. Was hoping they may point me towards one or have some stock left. Long shot but and answer would be nice.

Jonnie

JC
Top 150 Contributor
West Yorkshire
Posts 764
Silver Member
JC replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 5:10 PM

Keith Saunders:

JC:
BV8 DVB-T module

Jonnie,

What are your questions regarding the Beovision 8 DVB-T and I will see if I can answer them for you..

Hi Keith, not really tech questions as you can see from my reply to Peter.

Thanks for your offer anyway, much appreciated as always!!!

Jonnie

JC
Top 150 Contributor
West Yorkshire
Posts 764
Silver Member
JC replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 5:18 PM

11048437:

One of the reason I almost sold all my B&O 1 year age including: Beovision ,  4x Beolab 5, 6x Beolab 8000, and many more....

I still have some B&O( because of my wife ) but I will not buy any other B&O ...

This is my point really.

There is absolutely no point having CS support if issues, queries and complaints are not followed trough and answered.

It really leaves a sour taste in the mouth and we are not the only ones who have been ignored.

Jonnie

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posts 5,495
Founder

JC:

Hi Peter yes I have. I need to get hold of a module, it is no longer available. Was hoping they may point me towards one or have some stock left. Long shot but and answer would be nice.

These modules are still available, but are different depending on which version of Beovision 8 you are talking about as defined below:-

• Beovision 8-26 (Type 9500) uses a DVB-T/System Module Type 4470
  • Beovision 8-32 (Type 9550 & 9551) uses a DVB-T/System Module Type 4470
  • Beovision 8-40 (Type 9560) uses a DVB HD T/C/S2 Type 4776

I hope this helps

Regards Keith....

JC
Top 150 Contributor
West Yorkshire
Posts 764
Silver Member
JC replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 5:38 PM
Thank you Keith. Well again looks like false info from my dealer. I wii enquire again tomorrow. I did give him the part number and it came back as no longer available. We shall see!!

Jonnie
Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Maybe they could just forward questions straight to this forum, we could answer them, and in exchange for our polite prompt helpfulness B&O could contribute to the prize draw?

Sorry ill put the commons sense back in its box.

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

olvisab
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,391
Bronze Member
olvisab replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 6:09 PM

Hi

It is really easy to blame B&O but it is mostly the fault of the dealer.

I used to ask to several dealers when I need something.I have more chance to have the right answer.

Before complaining directly to this forum and blaming b&o, you 'd better wonder if your dealer is the good one.

4 beolab 5,  beolab 9, beolab 10, beolab 5000, beolab 8000 mk2, beolab 6002, beolab 3500, beovision 7 55 mk2,  2 beovision 11 46 mk4, beotime, beosound ouverture, beosound essence, beoplay A8, beomaster 900 RG de luxe and the collection continues...

Not Ranked
Posts 71
Bronze Member
11048437 replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 7:06 PM

I.ve got a lot of help from members of this forum as B&O service in Montreal area is soooo poor!

I suppose that B&O is aware that Beoworld is an asset for most B&O enthusiast people!

JC
Top 150 Contributor
West Yorkshire
Posts 764
Silver Member
JC replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 7:23 PM
olvisab:

Hi

It is really easy to blame B&O but it is mostly the fault of the dealer.

I used to ask to several dealers when I need something.I have more chance to have the right answer.

Before complaining directly to this forum and blaming b&o, you 'd better wonder if your dealer is the good one.

I began my collection 4 years ago with a beomaster 5500...now I can't stop it.

beosound 9000 mk3 , beocenter 2 , beosystème 4500 , beolab 3 , beolab 7.4 , beolab 5000 , beolab 6000 , beovision 7.40 mk2 , beovision 5 , beovision av 9000

That still does not let B&O off the hook. Like I said previously, if you have CS then expect customers to use it and reply.
JC
Top 150 Contributor
West Yorkshire
Posts 764
Silver Member
JC replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 7:23 PM
Like it!!
jpnijman
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
jpnijman replied on Wed, Apr 15 2015 12:39 PM

I'm also not having a good experience with B&O customer service, any advice will be appreciated.

I bought a Beovision Avant 55' and Beolab 18 in France and had it shipped to China by dealer. On unpacking I noticed damage to the pole of the motorized stand which did not occur during shipping but during production. I took a picture and send it to the dealer with a request how to proceed. By now we are already almost a month later. Yesterday I received a lengthy reply in which I could see the email exchange between customer service and the dealer in which they acknowledge the damage but shift responsibility between B&O and the dealer. Comes down to that they request me to send back the pole first after which they will send me a replacement. 

But what do they expect me to do with the TV in the meanwhile, (most likely will take over a month), I can't leave the TV where it is without the pole. Most likely will have to go to storage. I call that a lack of customer service for the amount of money you pay for the product. Seems like sending me a new pole is a minor request considering the total value of the set. 

jpnijman
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
jpnijman replied on Wed, Apr 15 2015 2:22 PM

I'm happy to add that a suitable solution has been found. Thank you B&O 

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder

JC:

I need to get hold of a module...

I've got one. Well, I've got three!  All the same part number. NOS / Boxed and Unused.

Any good to you?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Best take the one, that 9 Lee offers - if it is the right one.

They are no longer available from B&O.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS