Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Do you own a Porsche ?

rated by 0 users
This post has 53 Replies | 1 Follower

Rookie
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member
Rookie replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 3:39 PM

For me the 911 is among the best cars of the world ... i own 964 America Roadster ... 964C2 ... and 928 GTS ... driving one of them every day.

Rob - Danish AV
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
Posts 376
Bronze Member

I was having a little laugh, how Beo people were associated with Porsches.... Then I realized I owned a lemon around 10 years ago when I was 19~. It was a 944, it drove like a pile of crap, leaked like a sieve, the sunroof, mirrors, air con, heating, passenger window didn't work.. But those things did not bother me, I was 19 with a Porsche(and a debt) ended up selling for a fraction of the price, moved across the state, and last year I see it sitting in a driveway 4 doors down from where I live now... Hasn't moved at all.

Rookie
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member
Rookie replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 4:49 PM

Now the laugh is on my side ... what a great post to make yourself a complete idiot.

You bought a very bad example, because you didn't have the slightest idea nor expertise you could rely on ... and you had no budget left to get the car fixed.

Then you spent 10 more years with the car ... don't know if you invested anything in it apart from gas ... and maybe/hopefully some oil.

As a result this usually very reliable Porsche 944 was ridden down to its bones. But nevertheless .. you even managed to get some money back for it.

So who is to blame Cool

Jonathan
Top 75 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
Posts 1,811
Bronze Member
Jonathan replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 5:02 PM

I find it quite funny that people who own B&O criticise people for owning a particular brand of car! To argue that a Porsche is useless is like arguing that a pair of Beolabs are useless....

Settle down people!

x:________________________

Jonathan
Top 75 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
Posts 1,811
Bronze Member
Jonathan replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 5:03 PM

Oh, and I drive a Mercedes ML........

Rob - Danish AV
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
Posts 376
Bronze Member

Rookie, I  only had the car for 1 year.  I was young and saw a cheap car. Now, I'm not sure where I said a Porsche was a bad car? I would love to own another one, in fact there is nothing stopping me from getting another car, but my company provides a new car every 2 years. And while I'm building my home,I have no space for a toy.

I never ran that car into the ground, it's how I bought it, as the previous owner treated it like crap. I serviced it often and had an engine rebuild.,  I spent quite a lot of money on it, I got to the stage where I needed to cut my losses. 

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 10:45 PM

Porsche are fantastic "everyday Supercars"

I've never had any major problems with them (and I've had about 20 over the years) and would recommend a Porsche to anyone.

If you're going for a classic 911, get a 1988 or 1989 911. I had a man from the factory tell me that the quality in those two years hit an all-time high on that model.

I love the 928 GTS - a real investment car. I love the 944 Turbo from 1990-1992. I love the 968 Club Sport - and also the 993 Turbo and C4S. from 1993-1997.  Any of the Turbo 911's are a good investment too..

I'm afraid I've defected though and bought "a. n. other brand..."  LOL  (I'm sure I'll be back though) Smile

Lee

Matt
Not Ranked
London
Posts 30
Gold Member
Matt replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 10:58 PM

Currently have a 997 Carrera S, and have to say that the 911 is one of the best cars for combined performance, reliability and (reasonable) practicality.  Whilst everyone will have their own views on dream/performance cars, having been lucky enough to own two over the last 8 years there's very few others that can match a 911 in all of those categories.......Just a shame it only came with the Bose sound option and not a B&O, although the 3.8 straight six does have a great sound track of its own! 

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 2:57 PM

my dream car is a taxi

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

I was very interested in reading this post, considering I thought that Porsches were somewhat unreliable.  Prior to Christmas I went in to the dealership on Nepean Highway, and no one speaks to you; and when they finally do, they don't seem that keen. 

The Cayman is beautiful, and although I loved it, after a funny experience, I went up (down) the road to another dealer and bought a different mark, which I pick up on Friday.

Maybe when I replace my coupe over the next year or two, I will take another look at the Cayman. 

What colours do people like in their Porsche?  I have found that the 70s 911 in brown is excellent. They dealer only had the new Cayman in Black, but i'd love to see it in yellow.

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 881
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 11:57 AM
I owned a 1987 944 for about 6 years and traded it in on a used 2001 Audi A4 in 2003. Loved them both, but I really enjoyed that Porsche and would love to get a Boxster or 911 in the future.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, 2014 Audi S5 with B&O sound, and ambio 

Jonathan
Top 75 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
Posts 1,811
Bronze Member
Jonathan replied on Sun, Jan 5 2014 10:16 PM

Michael:

I was very interested in reading this post, considering I thought that Porsches were somewhat unreliable.  Prior to Christmas I went in to the dealership on Nepean Highway, and no one speaks to you; and when they finally do, they don't seem that keen. 

The Cayman is beautiful, and although I loved it, after a funny experience, I went up (down) the road to another dealer and bought a different mark, which I pick up on Friday.

Maybe when I replace my coupe over the next year or two, I will take another look at the Cayman. 

What colours do people like in their Porsche?  I have found that the 70s 911 in brown is excellent. They dealer only had the new Cayman in Black, but i'd love to see it in yellow.

What did you buy???? A new car is exciting!!

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Bronze Member

I've had a Porsche GT2, and a Boxster S but no Porsche today, but i'm considering to buy a new one this summer...

Find me on YouTube : Bang & Olufsen Teknisk Forum : https://www.youtube.com/c/BangOlufsenTekniskForum

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
jldmelb:

What did you buy???? A new car is exciting!!

What time is it? Beotime!

SLK
Page 2 of 2 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS