Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Selecting a subwoofer for the Beousound Overture

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

brwardle
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
brwardle Posted: Tue, Apr 10 2012 2:03 AM

Hi there,

Can anyone suggest a non Bang and Olufsen subwoofer for my Beosound Overture. I have been looking at the B and W ASW600 but really have no idea what will match.

Thanks

KingOfSnake
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Bronze Member

My understanding is that it is not so much which sub will match your stereo, but which sub will much your speakers best (yet none have been identified.)  Pray tell!

Evan
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,621
Gold Member
Evan replied on Tue, Apr 10 2012 10:54 PM

KingOfSnake:

My understanding is that it is not so much which sub will match your stereo, but which sub will much your speakers best (yet none have been identified.)  Pray tell!

Even more still - match the listening space!

Welcome to BeoWorld brwardle,

We would like to hear more information about your system and room. We can probably help you better with such details.

Beo4 'til I die!

brwardle
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
brwardle replied on Tue, Apr 10 2012 11:22 PM

The speakers are Beolab 2500. Thanks

brwardle
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
brwardle replied on Tue, Apr 10 2012 11:32 PM

The room is approximately 15m x 7m, carpet, one wall mostly glass as we have have double sliding doors, walls are made from plasterboard. I listen to a wide range of music and need to know what sized sub would suit, what design as i hear there are  many, down firing, ported and non ported etc. Finally if there is a brand you reccomend, and can you comment on the B and W ASW600 and ASW1000. Thank you!!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS