Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocenter 2200 Cassette Problem

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Dish
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Dish Posted: Sat, Apr 14 2012 11:54 AM

Wonder if anybody can suggest a solution please for an issue with the cassette deck on a 2200 which is in otherwise perfect order and is highly treasured by my father! As soon as play is selected, a high frequency squeal is emitted from the speakers, which changes frequency when the tape bias switch is moved. No other audio can be heard. 

I suspect bias osc filter circuit, but to save a lot of poking around I'd be grateful for anybody with practical experience of the unit to offer advice.

Thanks in advance.

solderon29
Top 150 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
Posts 764
Gold Member

Interesting.The bias osc should'nt be active in playback of course.It seems as though there is some problem with system switching?

There are some capacitor issues with the record/play circuit,but this may be due to a faulty record/play reed relay,or it's control.Electrically these little Centre's are proving to be very long lived,considering their complexity.

Worth checking further indeed.

Whereabouts are you sir?

Nick

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

The bias osc. is at a very high frequency, 80-100 kHz which is impossible to hear as no generated tones can create harmonics lower than the base frequency. 

A more possible answer would be a capacitor fault.

Vinyl records, cassettes, open reel, valve amplifiers and film photography.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sat, Apr 14 2012 10:20 PM

Poor grounding somewhere, tapeheads maybe.

Martin

Dish
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Dish replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 12:37 PM

Hi Nick, thanks for the reply, the unit is in Lancs. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS