Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomedia 1 troubleshooting

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 4 Followers

geotsialos
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
geotsialos Posted: Sat, Apr 4 2015 8:26 AM

Dear Friends,

I am owner of a Beomedia 1 connected with my 7-40 TV.

It is some time now when I start the oprtion PC( for the Beomedia) in my TV,  a red light appears down on the right corner that does not dissapear.The beomedia responds(you can listen to the music or what else) only to my keyboard commands and not to my Beo5 commands.

Any idea???

Griebel
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 416
Gold Member
Griebel replied on Tue, Apr 7 2015 8:57 PM
Did you try to restart your BM1?
hfat
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 663
Bronze Member
hfat replied on Sun, Apr 19 2015 1:58 PM
I assume BM1 is connected via ML to your BV7. The red dot indicates BM1 is in standby mode. If it does not recognize the PC command anymore you have to check:

The ML connection between BM and BV. If ok it defaults the source definition in BM setup to PC

Then, check the source setup in BM, which defines which ir command it respondes to. It has to be set to PC in your case.

hfat
Stones
Not Ranked
Posts 59
Bronze Member
Stones replied on Fri, Jan 3 2020 8:05 PM

Dear All, dear geotsialos,

Did you find a solution to this?

I am facing the same. My BeoMaster5 is connected to the BeoSystem3 via ML, DVI and SPDIF. There is a red dot lower right on the main menu and the BM5 is not responding to any comands from the Beo4 when it controlled from the BS3 which is video master (V.OPT.2) via the PC command. BM5 is not connected to LAN/WLAN. I can control the BM5 via a USB keyboard with a picture on the screen and sound via the SPDIF. However, I don'¨t know how to enter the configuration menu this way.

I know there is a ML connection to both BM5 and BS3 as I can control the BM5 via the N.MUSIC command, but without picture.

I have tried a recovery of BM5 with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Stones
Not Ranked
Posts 59
Bronze Member
Stones replied on Sat, Jan 11 2020 7:12 AM
Hi, my problem is solved. It was an ML issue and I disconnected all other rooms and re-connected them one by one and then it workedSmile

S
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS