Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Loss of sound, beocenter 7700

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Joe
Not Ranked
Seiwert
Posts 4
Bronze Member
Joe Posted: Tue, Jun 9 2015 2:58 AM

I have been working on my new to me Beocenter 7700.  After ordering parts and building some speaker cables, I was pleased to find out that everything but the tape deck worked perfectly.  While cleaning the inside and changing the tape belts, I decided to pull off the plastic cover for the line in/out, which contains 4 prongs on a DIN plug.  I have since discovered that this same piece acts as a bridge between the preamp and the main amp.  Afterwards, of course, I had lost sound.  However, even if I replace the 4 prong DIN plug, there is no sound.  Absolute quiet, not a pop or a click or anything to indicate it works. 

I feel like there is something simple I am overlooking to return the unit to function.  Of course, I checked cables, power, mute and speaker switches, and all the simple things that can be overlooked that would cause a similar problem.  Any ideas? 

I could post  a picture of the connections, but essentially all connections are the speaker cables and the 4 prong DIN bridge piece.  is there anything else I could try? Are there some connections I am overlooking?

Thanks.

Joe

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Jun 9 2015 4:58 PM

You didn't forget the internal speaker connections, did you?
Or one or both speaker switches?

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS