Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Cable to connect Beocenter 2000 and Macbook Air

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Ank
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Ank Posted: Fri, Jul 31 2015 9:07 PM

Hi!

I have a question: I bought a Beocenter 2000, the tape deck makes a click sound when I press play. I read that the computer can be connected by the tape copy input. I want to listen to music from my Mac by using the Beocenter and the speakers. What kind of cable suits this plan? I looked on the internet and found this:http://www.cablesonline.com/6ft3matodin52.html Does this suit, the jackplug in the headphone or should I search for an USB output from the Macbook?

Any helpful answer is welcome, thanks!

Anke

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Hi Anke and welcome to Beoworld,

the sound coming from a computer always has to be converter from a digital signal to what we can hear and the amp/theBC2000 can handle. This is a socalled analog signal.

The device, that is needed for this conversion  is a DAC. It is built-in to any computer and the output you usually use is the headphone-output.

For a 'better' conversion, you can use a small external USB-connected DAC.

In either case you will need the required cables. Please have a look at the homepage of Steve at SoundsHeavenly (see link below), or drop him a message/mail with a description of what you want to do.

Some times he reads these posts too - so stay tuned.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Ank
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Ank replied on Fri, Jul 31 2015 9:58 PM

Thank you MM!

And what a nice website from Steve

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS