Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

New member and question about Beocenter 4600

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Steve
Not Ranked
Norfolk, UK
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Steve Posted: Fri, Sep 25 2015 8:19 PM

I had a fit of madness today and bought an untested Beocenter 4600 in a local auction as I had fancied one of these for quite a while. Upon getting it home everything appears to work apart from the turntable which in itself looks good, belt ok etc but it's obvious someone has been somewhat heavy handed with the speed / pause stop switch / control.

Checking the parts list in the manual and removing the bottom plate revealed several several components of the switch to be broken or possibly missing ...the potentiometer itself is merrily flapping in the breeze with nothing to fit into!

Am I on a hiding to nothing trying to find a replacement or components thereof?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Fri, Sep 25 2015 10:50 PM
Member 'Dillen' may have spares in his dungeon. It's based on the Beogram 1500 and beomaster 1500 so some parts are common if you can find a scrap donor. Lots usually on eBay etc.

Dave.
Steve
Not Ranked
Norfolk, UK
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Steve replied on Sat, Sep 26 2015 5:16 PM

Thanks Dave, I've had a look on the Bay of E without success. Looks like I need the whole shebang which looks like quite an involved affair - outlined in red in this diagram

I found the rod [10] floating about within the case and the potentiometer is there retained by it's wiring into the socket. [4] is damaged, [5] in bits, Super Angry damaged & the retainer [12] is awol too.

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Sun, Sep 27 2015 2:13 PM

How often does one really need to adjust the pitch? I believe I got bored with that already when I was 10 or so Big Smile

The motor is servo controlled so it will hold the speed you've set. While looking for a donor unit, I would just set the correct speed once, secure the pot somewhere and rig the externally visible remains of the controls so that they look nice.

That's a very nice sounding system. The same turntable mechanism is shared by a number of music centres and Beograms, so the parts need not be from another 4600 (which may be harder to find).

--mika

Steve
Not Ranked
Norfolk, UK
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Steve replied on Sun, Sep 27 2015 7:58 PM

Thanks Mika. I grasp what you say about pitch but how do I get the turntable to actually run without the switch which I presumed was part of this assembly?

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, Sep 28 2015 8:31 AM

Could some of this be what you are looking for:

http://beoparts.com//?s=beocenter+4600&search=Go

Martin

Steve
Not Ranked
Norfolk, UK