Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

iTunes on Beosound Moment

rated by 0 users
This post has 40 Replies | 1 Follower

Hessel75
Not Ranked
Aalborg, Denmark
Posts 27
Bronze Member
Hessel75 Posted: Tue, Dec 22 2015 5:13 PM

Hello. I have a Beosound Moment, Mac mini & time capsule. I Can not see my playlist on BM from iTunes!? I dont want deezer. Just My iTunes Music. Can someone help me With this? 

Beovision 14-55 oak, Beosound Moment, Beolab 18 oak, Beoplay H8, Beoplay form 2i

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Tue, Dec 22 2015 5:19 PM

Are you running Twonky Server on your Mac Mini, and pointing Twonky Server to your iTunes Music folder (or whatever folder contains your library?), if so, give it time, your "standard" playlists should show up in Beomusic (vis a vis on the Moment). Unfortunately, Twonky doesn't "register" or display smart playlists.

But before all that, have you gone through the initial setup process with your Moment? Pointed it at your music server device (whatever that may be -- your Mini running Twonky)? 

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Tue, Dec 22 2015 6:50 PM

Welcome to you,

I follow Sal herein, also take your time and read the manual carefully.

I made it available to everyone https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmlzl253vd58pn6/Moment%20Installation%20Guide.pdf?dl=0

If you still find problems, any of us will be glad to provide you with answers

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Hessel75
Not Ranked
Aalborg, Denmark
Posts 27
Bronze Member
Hessel75 replied on Tue, Dec 22 2015 8:02 PM

I run Twonky server. I have not seen that manual before. I did not came With My BM...!? I am sure i have made a mistake. I am sure i pushed "mediaserver" insted of "iTunes"...!? I have just made a factory reset and Will see if that helps... Maybe you beautiful B&O experts just saved My Christmas!!!!! :-) I Will come back With an answer :-) THANKS :-)

Beovision 14-55 oak, Beosound Moment, Beolab 18 oak, Beoplay H8, Beoplay form 2i

Hessel75
Not Ranked
Aalborg, Denmark
Posts 27
Bronze Member
Hessel75 replied on Fri, Dec 25 2015 8:51 PM

It still do not work :-( I can not see any of My playlist from itunes. Maybee My installation in Twonky is wrong!? I Can not see how they should be anyplace!? Not on the official B&O website... Can someone send me pictures of the correct way in twonky!? I have made this Facebook page so it could be Easy to do!? https://www.facebook.com/groups/966560030060171/?fref=nf THANKS :-)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Please notice - if you ask for 'pictures of the correct way in Twonky' to be send to an external site (= Facebook) not everyone may benefit from the solutions. Why not just keep the conversation on the forum?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Hessel75
Not Ranked
Aalborg, Denmark
Posts 27
Bronze Member
Hessel75 replied on Fri, Dec 25 2015 10:31 PM

I just want to See some pictures/screenshots of the correct way to the Twonky Media server. I have had This moment in a month now and i have not could use it yet :-( 

Hessel75
Not Ranked
Aalborg, Denmark
Posts 27
Bronze Member
Hessel75 replied on Sat, Dec 26 2015 8:51 AM

Is there anyone who knows the correct way to have the itunes numbers on a mac in twonky!? 

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sat, Dec 26 2015 1:28 PM

Hessel75:
Is there anyone who knows the correct way to have the itunes numbers on a mac in twonky!? 

Hi,

You are asking desperate for help, and we will be glad to give it to you as much as we can. 

MM mentioned already, that in no case we are planning to help you on Facebook, Beoworld is an excellent portal to help you and we don’t need Facebook for it.

But in asking for help you have to provide us with detailed information about your setup, nobody can help you on your question in a way you formulated it now.

Let me give you some first hints, and provide us with more detailed answers:

A) have you downloaded Twonky server of the B&O site together with a key?

B) have you installed Twonky server on your Mac (What Mac?) and is it running? Do you notice the Twonky icon in your Mac’s top menu bar?

C) if Twonky server is running on the Mac, do you understand how its working? Do you understand the GUI? Have you given your Twonky server a name? Did you point Twonky server to your music directory?

D) in opening the Moment’s menu, can you see the Twonky’s server given name under the menu tab ‘Add your content’ ?

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Hessel75
Not Ranked
Aalborg, Denmark
Posts 27
Bronze Member
Hessel75 replied on Sat, Dec 26 2015 8:14 PM

Hello Chris Thanks for response. First some Quick answers to Your questions: A yes B yes, Mac mini and always on. Yes the Twonky icon is on the top menu C no no yes dont know D yes 

is it posible to see Your Own playlist from iTunes (NOT Deezer) on the moment using Twonky!?

why does it take more than 3 days (Then i gave up) to download the iTunes files to moment!? There

is almost 6000 Music Numbers... I have tried both cable internet and wifi...

i Really hope i Can get it soon to work :-)

i only asked for pictures on Facebook because i am not sure My Twonky plug-ins Are correct

thanks Anders

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sun, Dec 27 2015 7:28 AM

Hi,
You have given some interesting answers on my C questions:

C) if Twonky server is running on the Mac, do you understand how its working > NO? Do you understand the GUI > NO? Have you given your Twonky server a name > YES? Did you point Twonky server to your music directory > DON’T KNOW?

I try to answer them with some pictures.
- Click right at the top menu icon, and open click Twonky Server settings. You get this:

In the window click on Sharing:

In the window that now opens, you point (browse) to YOUR music directory, in my case (careful, I don't use iTunes!) its /users/... Now save this settings.

Click the MUSIC tab, and in a short while you must see all your music appearing, if not reload the window.

Hessel75
Not Ranked
Aalborg, Denmark
Posts 27
Bronze Member
Hessel75 replied on Sun, Dec 27 2015 9:48 AM

Thank you so Much for that Chris. For the First time i Can see My library under "Music" in Twonky now :-) Thats a start :-) Under "setup" where must i mark!? Under "mobile" Classic Media navigation" "iPod like" "by folder" or "advanced Media navigation"...!!??? 

Under "aggregation" Schall i marking "enable aggregation" or not!!???

and schall i marking "ignore" "aggregate" "autocopy"

i Think i Will do a complete factory reset on the moment when you have answered :-)

Anders

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sun, Dec 27 2015 10:23 AM

Under "setup" where must i mark!? Under "mobile" Classic Media navigation" "iPod like" "by folder" or "advanced Media navigation"...!!???
Do not alter this setting(s),  leave it on advanced Advanced Media navigation.

Under "aggregation" Schall i marking "enable aggregation" or not!!???
and schall i marking "ignore" "aggregate" "autocopy"

Again, do not alter the setting(s). This is only applicable is you have more servers in use…

i Think i Will do a complete factory reset on the moment when you have answered :-)
Likely this will be the best, you could otherwise already messed up everything on the Moment. But don’t add your Deezer credentials, skip this part on the Moment and add only your Twonky server name to the DLNA settings. Now you will have a better view if all your music is added to the Moment. You can add your Deezer credentials anytime later in the menu.

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sun, Dec 27 2015 10:25 AM

My answer is under moderation Sad

Hessel75
Not Ranked
Aalborg, Denmark
Posts 27
Bronze Member
Hessel75 replied on Sun, Dec 27 2015 11:21 AM

Okay i Will wait for Your answer :-) But it is getting interesting for me now. I just tried to find Twonky on Beovision 11 mediacenter. And it came up!!!!

first time also With cover pictures!!!! I have never seen that before!!!! But after some minutes the pictures disapear!? But i Can play My iTunes playlist!!!! :-)

i Really hope the iTunes playlists Will show up on the Moment when it is finnishing With loading...

Anders

Hessel75
Not Ranked
Aalborg, Denmark
Posts 27
Bronze Member
Hessel75 replied on Sun, Dec 27 2015 1:54 PM

I just put the back cover on. And the moment have downloaded some artist from My iTunes. But no playlist yet... But all the Numbers Can not be played. The yellow symbole is shown everytime i pick a number. But it cant be the internet because if i touch radio Then it begin to stream tune-in...!? The Beovision 11 shows pictures again With the Media server. It is Really frustating... 

Hessel75
Not Ranked
Aalborg, Denmark
Posts 27
Bronze Member
Hessel75 replied on Mon, Dec 28 2015 8:39 AM

This morning the Moment still was not finnish with downloading the itunes files... Then i took out the internet cable of my beovision 11... And after about 5 minutes the moment was ready for use... I dont know if this was only luck but it is remarkable...! Well, i start to find the music on the moment but it has only find all the artist. NO playlist!!! And i begin to start a number but i wil not play one single number!!! ALL numbers cant be played. On my beovision  11 mediacenter there is no problem. Beovision plays it all... What the *** am i doing wrong!!!!!!!!!!???????

Hessel75
Not Ranked
Aalborg, Denmark
Posts 27
Bronze Member
Hessel75 replied on Mon, Dec 28 2015 11:29 AM

I have made a (another again) factory reset. This time i choose "Media server" instead of ""iTunes" and now i Can play all Numbers under "artist"!!! Fantastic!!!! But stil no playlist i the display on the Moment... But this Was a Big step!!!! 

Hessel75
Not Ranked
Aalborg, Denmark
Posts 27
Bronze Member
Hessel75 replied on Mon, Dec 28 2015 12:03 PM

Playlists Are not in the beo app either... 

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Mon, Dec 28 2015 12:20 PM

Hessel75:

I have made a (another again) factory reset. This time i choose "Media server" instead of ""iTunes" and now i Can play all Numbers under "artist"!!! Fantastic!!!! But stil no playlist i the display on the Moment... But this Was a Big step!!!! 

Hello Hessel75

You must be more specific to get the right help! What do you exactly mean with choose Media Server instead of iTunes. Do you mean you had both as option in the Moment as DLNA source?

Go back to Twonky as explained before: go to the Music tab; go to Playlist (left) can you see your playlists?

Hessel75
Not Ranked
Aalborg, Denmark
Posts 27
Bronze Member
Hessel75 replied on Mon, Dec 28 2015 2:51 PM

No i mean when i do a complete factory reset i have the option in the installation mode to choose between "iTunes" or "mediaserver"... It is just Right after you have written password for wifi, deezer and tune in... I Can see playlist in the Twonky library on My Mac.. And i Can also see and choose playlist on My beovision 11... On the Beosound moment i Can choose between "eyeconnect" or "Twonky"... And yes i picked "Twonky" :-)

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Mon, Dec 28 2015 6:22 PM

Hessel75:

No i mean when i do a complete factory reset i have the option in the installation mode to choose between "iTunes" or "mediaserver"... It is just Right after you have written password for wifi, deezer and tune in... I Can see playlist in the Twonky library on My Mac.. And i Can also see and choose playlist on My beovision 11... On the Beosound moment i Can choose between "eyeconnect" or "Twonky"... And yes i picked "Twonky" :-)

Yes, at this choice screen you have to choose "iTunes" instead of MediaServer if you're pointing your Twonky on your Mac to the iTunes Music folder inside of your iTunes media folder.

Hessel75
Not Ranked
Aalborg, Denmark
Posts 27
Bronze Member
Hessel75 replied on Tue, Dec 29 2015 10:49 AM

I have just made another factory reset on the moment... Now i have choose "iTunes" and hopefully this Will work... Can i put the socket cover on now or do i have to waight until it marks the little "ready for use" sign!?

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Tue, Dec 29 2015 11:03 AM

Hessel75:

I have just made another factory reset on the moment... Now i have choose "iTunes" and hopefully this Will work... Can i put the socket cover on now or do i have to waight until it marks the little "ready for use" sign!?

Did you name the Music Server in Twonky "iTunes"? If yes it will work, otherwise it won't.

Follow the instruction of Chris + Goto Twonky Settings , Setup (second option) : the Server Name given there must be chosen on the Moment.  

See Chris' example: he named his server "Beo musicserver". So he would have to choose "Beo musicserver" in the menu of the Moment

Hessel75
Not Ranked
Aalborg, Denmark
Posts 27
Bronze Member
Hessel75 replied on Tue, Dec 29 2015 12:16 PM

I dont know how to give it another name... But My name is "Twonky server" and that is the name i choose on the Moment... And in the Twonky settings i choose "browsee" and Then on the Mac mini i choose "Music" and "iTunes" and "iTunes Media" and finaly "Music"... 

Hessel75
Not Ranked
Aalborg, Denmark
Posts 27
Bronze Member
Hessel75 replied on Tue, Dec 29 2015 1:25 PM

In the Twonky settings under "sharring" you Can see Media receivers... Under "Media receiver type" What Schall i choose there!? 

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Tue, Dec 29 2015 1:46 PM

This is getting hard...

Dear Anders,

I made a quick installation guide in pdf with pictures for you. Download it here and follow directions...

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Tue, Dec 29 2015 7:35 PM

Chris:

This is getting hard...

Dear Anders,

I made a quick installation guide in pdf with pictures for you. Download it here and follow directions...

Excellent effort.

The Online Service is switched off. You will not find it in later versions. So leave it as is (as instructed)

Normally the music files in iTunes are placed in the directory: /users/<user_name>/music/iTunes/iTunes Media/music

The playlist (m3u) files must be in a folder which is shared in Twonky.

Hessel75
Not Ranked
Aalborg, Denmark
Posts 27
Bronze Member
Hessel75 replied on Wed, Dec 30 2015 10:21 AM

Thanks a lot for all the help. I have tried everything. The twonky server settings is set 100% correct. (Thanks a lot Chris!!!!! :-) And on my beovision 11 shows it all with twonky... Playlist and covers... But on my moment I can't see any play list. And if I choose "artist" I can see all my numbers but I can not play them. A yellow symbol stands solid down in the right corner. I have tried both cable internet and wifi. I have tested the Internet and it runs stabil with 30/5 mb... Also my Apple TV and beovision streams perfect. All I can stream on my moment is radio, deezer, link and the line in if I connect that with my Mac... Right now I am really unhappy with the Moment :-(

Hessel75
Not Ranked
Aalborg, Denmark
Posts 27
Bronze Member
Hessel75 replied on Wed, Dec 30 2015 10:52 AM

I have just take the internet cable out of beovision and now i Can hear the fles on moment...!!!!!!?????? 

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Wed, Dec 30 2015 1:05 PM

Hessel75:
Right now I am really unhappy with the Moment :-(

Don't be so fast in this decision. As I already wrote: A network media player is completely different from the music devices we use to know. Its not stand alone, it is part of a rather complex network chain.

Some more questions you to ask:

I presume finally you've got the Twonky server NAME correct, And you find / marked it under your Moment's Select music storage setting now. Is that correct??

And it already serves music to your TV. With iTunes playlists also??

Hessel75:
I have just take the internet cable out of beovision and now i Can hear the fles on moment...!!!!!!?????? 

Hola! That's some new information...

Tell us how is your networks setup, tell us what you use for router, for access point or is it a 'All-in-one'. Are you using a switch to connect everything. How are you're network settings - the IP-addresses. Are you using DHCP or fixed addresses..

Information is important to give help to you, we only can give the correct help if we can get an good idea how everything is installed. The more information and preferably detailled info you give us, the better we can assist you.

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Wed, Dec 30 2015 1:50 PM

Chris:
Tell us how is your networks setup, tell us what you use for router, for access point or is it a 'All-in-one'. Are you using a switch to connect everything. How are you're network settings - the IP-addresses. Are you using DHCP or fixed addresses..
No moment the Moment, but presumably all the time a DHCP issue.

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Wed, Dec 30 2015 2:13 PM

Carolpa:
but presumably all the time a DHCP issue

Hi Carolpa,

Probably... Oh well, we did our best effort... 

Hessel75
Not Ranked
Aalborg, Denmark
Posts 27
Bronze Member
Hessel75 replied on Wed, Dec 30 2015 2:51 PM

I have a cable modem. That is connected to an Apple Time Capsule. And all the things (beovision, Mac Mini, IPhone, iPad, other computers and Beosound Moment is connected to Time Capsule... Beosound Moment ip adress is 10.0.1.2 (AS i Can see in the Twonky settings)... i have just made a new factory reset and this time My beovision has no internet connection. But Right now i have to restart the Mac because the Twonky server has lost connection. But there Are full internet also on the Mac. But i Will restart and hope it works... Yes i have named the Twonky "Beomoment iTunes" and stored that on the moment. 

Hessel75
Not Ranked
Aalborg, Denmark
Posts 27
Bronze Member
Hessel75 replied on Wed, Dec 30 2015 2:52 PM

And yes i could see the iTunes playlist on beovision before i cut the internet...

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member

Hessel75:
Beosound Moment ip adress is 10.0.1.2

Is it done like this in the pic? You only have 3 lan ports!

iPad, iPhone, Moment's Jukebox are all wireless devices so they are not by cable connected.

How did you connect your Moment's hub & Mac mini (with Twonky server) to the network, fixed or wireless at the ATCapsule.

Is the Moments IP-address a fixed one or in the DHCP range?

Hessel75
Not Ranked
Aalborg, Denmark
Posts 27
Bronze Member
Hessel75 replied on Wed, Dec 30 2015 3:39 PM

Yes that is how it Was connected. And i have tried it all. I have tried to connect wireless and by cable. Mac and beovision Are now wireless and moment is on cable. I also tried to connect moment on wifi, But when i connected beovision to internet (tried both wifi and cable) moment lost its connection. I do not have any internet trouble With any devices, computers, beovision or Mac (only the Twonky server on the Mac has lost connection). 

Hessel75
Not Ranked
Aalborg, Denmark
Posts 27
Bronze Member
Hessel75 replied on Wed, Dec 30 2015 3:59 PM

Right now i hear My Music on the moment. Under "artist" Can i see all My iTunes Music... But there is nothing under "playlist"... :-(

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Wed, Dec 30 2015 4:55 PM

Hessel75:

Right now i hear My Music on the moment. Under "artist" Can i see all My iTunes Music... But there is nothing under "playlist"... :-(

Did you try a 15 seconds reset on the Jukebox tablet with a paperclip, it could be that your playlists will show up.

Hessel75:
Mac and beovision Are now wireless and moment is on cable. I also tried to connect moment on wifi

You have 3 lan ports on your ATC, use two of them to wire Twonky & Moment.

! Very important, never use Twonky server (the Mac) or the Moment wireless ! Both must be wired to your ethernet, and preferable with a fixed IP-address within your IP-range to run stabile. As an example: give your Twonky server IP-10.0.1.3 and the Moment's Hub IP-10.0.1.2.

The jukebox is less important, no problem to use it in DHCP (automatic add an IP-address).

Once done restart everything: Power off all network devices 1) Restart the router, 2) Restart your Twonky computer, 3) Restart the Moment. After all is well and online again in your network, do a paperclip reset on the Moment' Hub and Jukebox.

The ATC as router with your B&O media products is not the best solution, but it works as long you give the devices a fixed IP-address (Apple products are known to show naughty behaviour in a network with non-Apple products and bump this devices of their assigned auto-IP address).

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Wed, Dec 30 2015 5:24 PM

Chris:

Hessel75:

Did you try a 15 seconds reset on the Jukebox tablet with a paperclip, it could be that your playlists will show up.

Hessel75:
Mac and beovision Are now wireless and moment is on cable. I also tried to connect moment on wifi

You have 3 lan ports on your ATC, use two of them to wire Twonky & Moment.

! Very important, never use Twonky server (the Mac) or the Moment wireless ! Both must be wired to your ethernet, and preferable with a fixed IP-address within your IP-range to run stabile. As an example: give your Twonky server IP-10.0.1.3 and the Moment's Hub IP-10.0.1.2.

The jukebox is less important, no problem to use it in DHCP (automatic add an IP-address).

Once done restart everything: Power off all network devices 1) Restart the router, 2) Restart your Twonky computer, 3) Restart the Moment. After all is well and online again in your network, do a paperclip reset on the Moment' Hub and Jukebox.

The ATC as router with your B&O media products is not the best solution, but it works as long you give the devices a fixed IP-address (Apple products are known to show naughty behaviour in a network with non-Apple products and bump this devices of their assigned auto-IP address).

Apple does not support DLNA. That could be the reason why Twonky doesn't work properly combined with an ATC

Page 1 of 2 (41 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS