Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

My B&O Home

This post has 894 Replies | 7 Followers

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Thu, Jul 5 2018 8:56 AM
Now that be telling...

Progress...

Living room and conservatory will be one room... TV moving to the middle of the room... There will be a lift in the corner of the living room going to first and second floor...

Kitchen nearly all done...

My server room!!!

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Thu, Jul 5 2018 11:35 AM
Kiran:

There will be a lift in the corner of the living room going to first and second floor...

Presumably so you can get the BL90s to the upper floors easily? Wink
Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Thu, Jul 5 2018 11:51 AM
Duels:

Presumably so you can get the BL90s to the upper floors easily?

Dreams will come true some day...

Beovision Eclipse wall in the kitchen / dining room...

Mad spec for surround speakers high and low. There’s 8 connections in total and a subwoofer. Ceiling speakers are also wired that lead back to a BeoAmp in the server room and I will have a custom shelf made out of wood below for the BS Moment...

We still going strong...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Jeez Kiran, nice going! When does the museum open and what do you charge for tickets?Stick out tongue i literally wouldn’t mind “paying” you a visit

Sorry bad pun lol

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Mikipedia on Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikipedi4/

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
Posts 1,762
Bronze Member
CB replied on Thu, Jul 5 2018 3:15 PM
It’s not a museum

It’s a B&O integration show room/houses Yes - thumbs up
Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Thu, Jul 5 2018 3:27 PM
I keep saying it’s going to take a year to complete... I’m sure I said that a few months ago lol... It’s still going to take a year to complete... 😂

We’re doing room by room quite slow... some things have had to be redone due to missing wires, not enough module spaces in back boxes and my stubbornness lol...

The next big sitting room we do will house an AV receiver capable of 7.1.4 dolby atmos in a little cabinet, a 4K projector in the ceiling and the biggest motorised screen that I can fit in the wall space. Pic below. This room will have 4 ceiling speakers, 1 subwoofer and 7 floor standing speakers.

There will be a B&O TV above the fireplace which will have 8 of its own high and low surround speaker connections and a subwoofer connection.

It will be a nice challenge to amalgamate the 2 systems together...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
Posts 812
Gold Member

Kiran:
I keep saying it’s going to take a year to complete... I’m sure I said that a few months ago lol... It’s still going to take a year to complete... 😂

It's going to take a long time Kiran, believe me. A complete house renovation with this level of complexity in terms of wiring (amongst other things) is going to throw up all sorts of issues and problems en route, but that's part and parcel of the project and the various trades working alongside (and dependent) on each other before moving through each stage.

I am currently in month 9 of what I initially assumed would be a 5-6 month (max) project and I am only working on a modest 2 bedroom property! I am not even sure if I'll be done by November the way things are going but slowly, slowly, it is coming together. It's great to see your developments come into fruition though and while I am in the final stages of my own project I know I will miss all the project management and issues along the way once it's all done ... crazy as that might sound but I guess I like problems arising and then having to think about solving them; it keeps me busy, occupied and interested. All the best! Simon :)

B&O products are V1-32, BS2, H95, E8 and an Essence remote.
11-46 now replaced with Sony A90J 65”, Sony HT-A9, Sony UBP-X800M2 and Sony SRS-NS7.

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Sun, Jul 8 2018 3:29 PM
Progress...

Annex outside ceiling paint is finishing and we are barbecuing today!

Annex finally has a temporary TV and I bought an Apple TV 4K. I can bluetooth to the BeoCone and there are no lip-sync issues! Airplay does not work very well with video and audio; it’s good for music...

Home progress is happening slowly...

Living room...

Kitchen / dining...

My server room!!!

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Anders Jørgensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 350
Bronze Member

Just discovered this thread.

Great work I must say! 

A home without B&O is not a home

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Tue, Jul 10 2018 5:33 PM
Progress...

Server room coming along...

And some rack equipment has just landed!

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
I have the UniFi AP and it’s the best WiFi I have ever had.

Managed via an app and 100% reliable especially when compared to my VM WiFi.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Jul 11 2018 8:42 AM
Seanie_230:

I have the UniFi AP and it’s the best WiFi I have ever had.

Managed via an app and 100% reliable especially when compared to my VM WiFi.

BLGW - Rekindling the love of ML

Have the same experience.

All my WiFi issues disappeared after installing two UniFi APs.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Wed, Jul 11 2018 1:40 PM
Progress...

I’ve switched it up for all TV connections...

Can you guess what’s going on...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Sun, Jul 15 2018 10:47 AM
4 KEF ceiling speakers for the kitchen / dining room...

Good build quality...

All ceiling speakers around the house will be wired up to 2 BeoAmp 16s...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Sun, Jul 15 2018 11:33 AM
Full Ubiquiti Unifi network will be prepared by myself running a Class A network - 10.X.X.X

Still waiting for the 5 pack of wireless access points - UAP-AC-HD...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Sun, Jul 15 2018 11:43 AM
Annex feels like a holiday home in your back garden lol....

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Sun, Jul 15 2018 11:55 AM
BAND'OH!:

It's great to see your developments come into fruition though and while I am in the final stages of my own project I know I will miss all the project management and issues along the way once it's all done ... crazy as that might sound but I guess I like problems arising and then having to think about solving them; it keeps me busy, occupied and interested. All the best! Simon :)

Yes I think I might be upset once all of this has finished...

This is my hobby and I have learnt so much in the last 2 years from initial stages of choosing a home automation brain and smart lighting system... and then everything else that was possible to control...

The look and feel of the GUI to control the house had to be right on any electronic device used... It had to look like a million pound and not just function like it...

I think I made the right and good choices in every component I’ve used...

I keep banging on B&O’s door for them to create drivers for the Heatmiser Neohub. I use these thermostats for electric underfloor heating all over the annex and the upstairs/loft in the main house. This is the only segment in my house which can’t be controlled by the BLGW at the moment...

I might even open up my own home automation company after this lol...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Mikipidia replied on Sun, Jul 15 2018 11:49 PM

are you setting up a projector too? Stick out tongue

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Mon, Jul 16 2018 8:59 AM
Mikipidia:

are you setting up a projector too?

Yes I mentioned this about 7 posts ago...

The room below will house a BeoVision above the fireplace with a motorised screen in front of it. It makes more sense when you see the pic below. We have 2 standing shelf units in front of it at the moment so you can’t see much but you can make out the wide space for the projector screen to fit into...

I will have 9 high low speaker and subwoofer connections for the BeoVision...

The room will have its own mini 15U rack with a 4K AV receiver capable of Dolby Atmos 7.1.4

The AV receiver’s 12 speaker and subwoofer connections will be separate from the BeoVision connections...

And this is when it will get interesting when testing how and what works together...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Anders Jørgensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 350
Bronze Member

Very nice to see it all coming along!

Great work.

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Mikipidia replied on Mon, Jul 16 2018 3:46 PM
Cool! And it also sounds scarely impressive Stick out tongue

I didn’t remember that, but i was teying to guess what that one picture was aboutBig Smile

This must be one of the coolest projects i’ve ever seen!

If you’d ever want to come and talk about it on my podcast, i’d be happy to have you on!

Keep em coming, love this!Big Smile

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Tue, Jul 17 2018 8:37 PM
Server room progress...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Tue, Jul 17 2018 8:39 PM
The full Ubiquiti Unifi home network...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

marexy
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 710
Bronze Member
marexy replied on Wed, Jul 18 2018 11:11 AM

what can I say..

Much of the work already done  a much more still be needed.
All congratulations for good job and huge amount of effort and money invested.

I find it interesting to see your way of construction in the UK.
quite different from ours in Slovenia.

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Wed, Jul 18 2018 11:39 AM
Server room progress...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Wed, Jul 18 2018 1:32 PM
Progress...

Cable guy is out today.

New installation of UHF - Freeview TV, VHF - FM Radio, DAB - Digital Radio and a satellite dish for Freesat TV.

Sky will have its own dish later.

All will be distributed around the house via IRS...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Wed, Jul 18 2018 2:32 PM

Just worked out exactly where this house is! Looks like a fantastic location. (Neighbouring properties and dish/ aerial directions helped give it away,)

Graham

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Wed, Jul 18 2018 11:31 PM
Time to start planning the network...

Segmentation of server room equipment on the local lan... so it is not easily accessible by anyone on the network...

I don’t really want a dedicated Wifi guest network. This will not let them enter into the network properly. Guest need to be able to connect to resources in the annex and the main house ground floor such as smart tvs, apple tvs, airplay speakers and general B&O equipment.

This is where VLANs come but it’s very time consuming. Ports need to be totally accurate on which ones should talk to each other as the house will be controlled in many different ways and may not function properly if ports are locked down. Scrap that.

We use subnet mask...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Sat, Jul 21 2018 1:58 PM
Progress...

Server room floor has been painted and ruined lol.

I can finally start to get the racks in either side of the wall and start to terminate some connections...

Lighting panels have arrived to house the Lutron processors and lighting dimmers/relays for the main house ground floor, garden and forecourt.

The huge one will house the Homeworks processor, DMX, 7 dimmers and 7 relays... The small one houses 2 dimmers and 2 relays...

Both will be stacked on top of each other in the middle of the racks...

Mad progress hopefully next week...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Bob Marley
Not Ranked
Posts 71
Bronze Member

I live in evington Leicester, I also recognise that unique white house with green roof but cant figure out which road, its not the Evington Lane Corner house but some where in Oadby near Manor Road.....

Bob Marley
Not Ranked
Posts 71
Bronze Member

Hi Kiran its the feds where is all this money coming from are you a big drug lord?

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Sun, Jul 22 2018 7:06 AM
G7Trader:

I live in evington Leicester, I also recognise that unique white house with green roof but cant figure out which road, its not the Evington Lane Corner house but some where in Oadby near Manor Road.....

Why are you so interested in finding my house? Are you always on the hunt for places to rob?

Yes I’m a drug lord...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

IA64
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 135
Bronze Member
IA64 replied on Sun, Jul 22 2018 7:18 AM

Why KEF not B&O ceiling speakers ? 

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Sun, Jul 22 2018 8:52 AM
IA64:

I didn’t sell enough drugs LOL 😂

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Sun, Jul 22 2018 8:57 AM
IA64:

All ceiling speakers work alongside floor standing and wall mounted speakers.

The ceiling speakers didn’t need to be too powerful and would be used for surround sound in movies or music.

In any purpose, they will work really good when backed by a ground shaking BL.

And I didn’t really want to spend a lot on ceiling speakers as they will be in every room and I want to keep them all the same...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Bob Marley
Not Ranked
Posts 71
Bronze Member

To be honest with you your house is crap a complete mix match of styles and colours, zero interior design skills.

Modern B&O is poor quality thats why Beovision avant which cost £5,000 in 2003 is selling on ebay for £25 and Beovision 5 which cost £13,000 in 2006 is selling on ebay now for £100. Where as the B&O stuff from 1970's is fetching £500 - £1,500.

marexy
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 710
Bronze Member
marexy replied on Mon, Jul 23 2018 6:36 AM
It does not matterfrom where his money is, and how looks the house, and what will be done with it.
As a forum, I read it all the time and I am looking at the pictures of progress.
Yeah probably some errors in construction, insulation, design, etc... as with any building in which we live in.
But it does not even matter. He will live there and he will enjoy the fruits of his hobby and work, which he really has a lot to do.
All congratulations for an interesting post and I'm happy to follow it.
Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Mon, Jul 23 2018 8:05 AM
G7Trader:

To be honest with you your house is crap a complete mix match of styles and colours, zero interior design skills.

Crap enough for you to keep coming back and commenting 👍🏻☺️

And I didn’t ask for your opinion... So if you don’t like it, don’t click on the thread. Simples 😝

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Mon, Jul 23 2018 11:33 AM
Kiran:

Crap enough for you to keep coming back and commenting 👍🏻☺️

And I didn’t ask for your opinion... So if you don’t like it, don’t click on the thread. Simples 😝 Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Nicely put Kiran. I for one really enjoy watching the progress you are making with this huge project.
KMA
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 621
Bronze Member
KMA replied on Mon, Jul 23 2018 7:04 PM
G7Trader:

Modern B&O is poor quality thats why Beovision avant which cost £5,000 in 2003 is selling on ebay for £25 and Beovision 5 which cost £13,000 in 2006 is selling on ebay now for £100. Where as the B&O stuff from 1970's is fetching £500 - £1,500.

Show me a BeoVision from 1970's that is fetching £500 - £1.500 today.

Old BeoVisions (CRT and early plasma TVs) are obsolete technology today, hence the low prices. Speakers and audio systems from the same era – or from 1970's – are not obsolete in the same manner.

As for attacking Kiran's taste in houses and interiors, I hope you get banned from BeoWorld. Personal attacks are not okay.

KMA

B&O product history since 1991: Ridiculously long to list in a signature.

Page 8 of 23 (895 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS