Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoLab 50

rated by 0 users
This post has 422 Replies | 11 Followers

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Aug 30 2017 10:37 PM
CB:

very interesting photo side by side !

Thanks

Makes my BL20 look petite

I'd better not show that photo to the wife

BeoNut since '75

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Thu, Aug 31 2017 12:05 AM

elephant:
CB:

Thanks

Suddenly the BL5's look petite.

Graham

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Thu, Aug 31 2017 12:29 AM
Hero71:

We visited the Copenhagen flagship store 2 weeks ago during a City Trip.

Unfortunately, they were unable to demo because they were having technical issues with the speaker.

It's the ugly duckling in the room but that strictly personal.

With the wood taken of it suddenly looks better. The mix of aluminum, fabric and wood is a bit too much. With just black and aluminum it looks better. I still find it a bit... big though.

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Thu, Aug 31 2017 12:31 AM

elephant:

Not that I was a candidate for purchase, but I just showed my wife the comparison photo. She was aghast at their size.

Anyone have a photo of the BL50 next to the BL90s, to complete the comparison shots? Big Smile

lonfred
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 200
Bronze Member
lonfred replied on Thu, Aug 31 2017 5:11 AM
My wife's opinion was that te BL5s was the maximum in seize she could agree on. So I can forget this ones. Why could not BO just update the Bl5s with Wisa and optical connections and multi room without any need of an beosound? And keep them. For sure they could sell many more.
jvdl
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 129
Bronze Member
jvdl replied on Thu, Aug 31 2017 6:35 AM

lonfred:
My wife's opinion was that te BL5s was the maximum in seize she could agree on. So I can forget this ones. Why could not BO just update the Bl5s with Wisa and optical connections and multi room without any need of an beosound? And keep them. For sure they could sell many more.

Come on!
Only to please you (or your wife) because they are to big? :-))
They are fabulous....

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Michael:

With the wood taken of it suddenly looks better. The mix of aluminum, fabric and wood is a bit too much. With just black and aluminum it looks better. I still find it a bit... big though.

What about the wood on the front and 2 black rear panels ?
CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
Posts 1,762
Bronze Member
CB replied on Thu, Aug 31 2017 6:41 AM

elephant:
CB:

Come on !

You know that size is not important for women... Unsure

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
Posts 1,762
Bronze Member
CB replied on Thu, Aug 31 2017 6:44 AM

vikinger:

Exactly what I thought Yes - thumbs up

Hero71
Not Ranked
Posts 79
Bronze Member
Hero71 replied on Thu, Aug 31 2017 7:09 AM

There is just something wrong with the size of the BL50, they don't look elegant at all and I don't care how they sound, they have to look good as well. If you own the BL5, I would seriously think twice before replacing them because they are iconic. The BL50 is not. Personal opinion.

jvdl
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 129
Bronze Member
jvdl replied on Thu, Aug 31 2017 9:24 AM

Hero71:

There is just something wrong with the size of the BL50, they don't look elegant at all and I don't care how they sound, they have to look good as well. If you own the BL5, I would seriously think twice before replacing them because they are iconic. The BL50 is not. Personal opinion.

It can also be that youre taste is more unlikely.
I like them and I think the most overhere on the forum.

But about taste meanings are different.

I have the BL5 also for 10 years now, but they go away and the BL50 come in there place.....

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Aug 31 2017 9:27 AM

Hero71:

With the massive elements and the fact that they are projected in three angles, I guess the design department where unable to make them smaller...

But as mentioned elsewhere, the BL5:s look petite in comparison.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Thu, Aug 31 2017 9:32 AM
Perhaps there will be smaller versions. There is a big gap in the range between the BlL20 and the BL50 in terms of price, performance, size (and even numbering).
Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

Room for a BL30, and BL40 :-)

olvisab
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,391
Bronze Member
olvisab replied on Thu, Aug 31 2017 12:04 PM

It's a pity you can't keep the beolab 5 with the bl50.

I am interested by the bl50 but won't sell the iconic beolab 5 just for being able to pay the beolab 50.

For a true b&o lover that's just non sense.

4 beolab 5,  beolab 9, beolab 10, beolab 5000, beolab 8000 mk2, beolab 6002, beolab 3500, beovision 7 55 mk2,  2 beovision 11 46 mk4, beotime, beosound ouverture, beosound essence, beoplay A8, beomaster 900 RG de luxe and the collection continues...

jvdl
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 129
Bronze Member
jvdl replied on Thu, Aug 31 2017 12:30 PM

olvisab:

It's a pity you can't keep the beolab 5 with the bl50.

I am interested by the bl50 but won't sell the iconic beolab 5 just for being able to pay the beolab 50.

For a true b&o lover that's just non sense.

I am a true B&O lover since many years, but sometimes it is good to renew and let the old things to the past.
This is the reason I make the step to the BL50 and say goodbye to the BL5.........

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 553
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Thu, Aug 31 2017 4:37 PM
jvdl:

I am a true B&O lover since many years, but sometimes it is good to renew and let the old things to the past. This is the reason I make the step to the BL50 and say goodbye to the BL5.........

So well said this also applies to the other thread for the eclipse
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Thu, Aug 31 2017 11:23 PM
vikinger:

Graham

Svelte ... Smile

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Thu, Aug 31 2017 11:28 PM
Aussie Michael:

Room for a BL30, and BL40 :-)

I'd love to see a 30 but given the structure of these types of speakers I just don't see how they can get down to the bookshelf size of the BL3s

BeoNut since '75

jvdl
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 129
Bronze Member
jvdl replied on Sat, Sep 2 2017 1:25 PM

Today I was at my B&O dealer in Houten to listen and see the Beolab 50. SuperB sound but also visual exellent. I wil change them for my Beolab 5 from almost 10 years old. I get the Beolab 50 delivered on 23/09, so within a few weeks they are there.......

Wil be a great combination with the Avant 85"

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Sat, Sep 2 2017 1:30 PM
jvdl:

Today I was at my B&O dealer in Houten to listen and see the Beolab 50. SuperB sound but also visual exellent. I wil change them for my Beolab 5 from almost 10 years old. I get the Beolab 50 delivered on 23/09, so within a few weeks they are there.......

Wil be a great combination with the Avant 85"

Fantastic! I'm so jealous. Please post pictures.
jvdl
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 129
Bronze Member
jvdl replied on Sat, Sep 2 2017 1:34 PM

Duels:

Fantastic! I'm so jealous. Please post pictures.

As soon as they arrived I wil place the pictures

jans
Top 200 Contributor
Belgium
Posts 394
Bronze Member
jans replied on Sat, Sep 2 2017 8:37 PM
jvdl:

Congratulations! Really looking forward to hear from your experiences and to see the pictures!
svinaik
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 206
Bronze Member
svinaik replied on Fri, Sep 15 2017 12:22 PM

Folks

My BL 50 are being shipped by B&O of Sheffield today. Will post the unboxing photos and the final set up when I receive them shortly.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Fri, Sep 15 2017 1:06 PM
svinaik:

Folks

My BL 50 are being shipped by B&O of Sheffield today. Will post the unboxing photos and the final set up when I receive them shortly.

Excellent. Look forward to seeing your pictures. I was in Sheffield yesterday and saw the BL50s again. They are just fantastic.
TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Fri, Sep 15 2017 1:13 PM

jvdl:

Would you mind posting a 1:1 comparison as you have the chance to listen to both Beolab 5 and 50 at home? 

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member
TWG:

Would you mind posting a 1:1 comparison as you have the chance to listen to both Beolab 5 and 50 at home?

I did a comparison on this - see my posting on the following discussion: (Sorry I don't know how to post the link).

Beolab 90. What are your opinions?

Present: BL90, Core, BL6000, CD7000, Beogram 7000, Essence Remote.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4, Moment.

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sat, Sep 16 2017 11:37 AM

seethroughyou:

I did a comparison on this - see my posting on the following discussion: (Sorry I don't know how to post the link).

Beolab 90. What are your opinions?

Thanks, I've found it!

svinaik
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 206
Bronze Member
svinaik replied on Sun, Sep 24 2017 1:15 PM

Folks

Finally BL 50 are home and have been integrated with BV 9 . Perfect solution. Just superb speakers and are great out of the Box. I would say that sound wise, they are a clear upgrade from BL-5 though they have not reduced my affection for BL-5. It is like having 2 kids, you just love them both.

I am just going to stay with my current BV 9 hoping that it lives on well. I have totally given up on Eclipse and will wait to see if B&O comes up with a better offering, perhaps with Wall Paper series. there is tremendous potential for B&O to use the Wall Paper concept with their designing and sound integration and if that happens, I will get the new B&O TV but until that, I am staying with my 1080P Plasma and BL 50..

I have loaded the photos on the Media section of the site. For some reason, I could not attach them here.

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Sun, Sep 24 2017 4:41 PM

Lovely pictures, and a wonderful setup. Thanks for sharing. You'll have to tell us how the sound matures in situ as you live with these speakers.

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Mikipedia on Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikipedi4/

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 345
Bronze Member
Flere replied on Fri, Oct 6 2017 8:44 PM

I am wondering.

How does the BeoVision Avant work with the BeoLab 50 ?

When the BeoLab 50 are measured in and calibrated for the different listening positions, how does this then work together with the calibration of the Avant?

In other words, do you need to do the microphone calibration of the Avant also with the BeoLab 50?

- Flere

smile and enjoy the moment

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

This and the following article/video should give the answer:

http://www.tonmeister.ca/wordpress/2017/08/10/bo-tech-introduction-to-features/

The tv used in that case is a BV12-65 - if there are things about the Avant as the tv, I am sure that Geoff Martin will be glad to answer. There is a comment section below the article.

Alternatively you could pm him here.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

jvdl
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 129
Bronze Member
jvdl replied on Fri, Oct 6 2017 11:43 PM

Flere:

I am wondering.

How does the BeoVision Avant work with the BeoLab 50 ?

When the BeoLab 50 are measured in and calibrated for the different listening positions, how does this then work together with the calibration of the Avant?

In other words, do you need to do the microphone calibration of the Avant also with the BeoLab 50?

They are perfect in combination with the Avant, I have them now 2 weeks in my home as a replacement off the BL5. Realy amazing. The calibration wil be done conform the installation for the BL50 with the calibration microfoon.used for the BL50.

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 345
Bronze Member
Flere replied on Sat, Oct 7 2017 8:23 AM

Millemissen:

This and the following article/video should give the answer:

http://www.tonmeister.ca/wordpress/2017/08/10/bo-tech-introduction-to-features/

The tv used in that case is a BV12-65 - if there are things about the Avant as the tv, I am sure that Geoff Martin will be glad to answer. There is a comment section below the article.

Alternatively you could pm him here.

MM

OK, thanks for the pointer. I will check this out.

- Flere

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 345
Bronze Member
Flere replied on Sat, Oct 7 2017 8:25 AM

In appendix 8 of the BL50 Technical Sound Guide it says the BL50 can be controlled by the BeoRemoteOne via connecting an IR-eye to the BL50.

Does the IR-eye already work with the BL50 ?

- Flere

clemen
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
clemen replied on Sat, Oct 7 2017 2:41 PM

Its sadly not working when using WISA and the Beolab Transmitter 1

clemen
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
clemen replied on Sat, Oct 7 2017 3:25 PM

Does anyone know anything about the calibration microphone, and where i can buy it.

According to the technical sound guide, it should be included. But the text is light grey (features not implemented yet)

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
Posts 591
Bronze Member

clemen:

Does anyone know anything about the calibration microphone, and where i can buy it.

According to the technical sound guide, it should be included. But the text is light grey (features not implemented yet)

The BL90 touted this as the "Welcome Pack". It looks like a derivative of the Behringer ECM8000 - but likely a B&O specced product with an RJ45 connector. I envisage the BL50 is similar?

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
I didn't get a mic with mine, i think it might be an extra cost with the 50's. But i'll ask my dealer, i think he does sell them. The mic is the same though as the one shown, my dealer set them up etc with that mic.

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Mikipedia on Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikipedi4/

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Page 9 of 11 (423 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > | RSS