Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

As promised RL140, RL2000 and RL35 reclothing

rated by 0 users
This post has 27 Replies | 4 Followers

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie Posted: Sat, Oct 20 2012 8:46 PM

This link on my Picasa webalbum shows you the way how I did reclothing my Beovox RL140's.

Lots of pictures...and there must be a slide option when you're in PicasaSmile

Just to give you an idea how big these monsters are...

Brengen & Ophalen

BeoLignage
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 207
Bronze Member

looks nice Leslie!! good work!

My first thought was: how is the "bang & olufsen" text on the fret made... now I know, and how it is reclothed too Smile

which size of a RL speaker is equal or better sound wise compared to a CX100?

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 9:51 PM

I guess all of them? I don't know to be honest, but I will compare them with my CX100's cause I have them all. Will let you know..

Brengen & Ophalen

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 881
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 11:37 PM

Great job on them, Leslie. I think I'll have a go at my RL140s now. What kind or double stick tape are you using?

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, 2014 Audi S5 with B&O sound, and ambio 

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 881
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 11:37 PM

Great job on them, Leslie. I think I'll have a go at my RL140s now. What kind or double stick tape are you using?

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, 2014 Audi S5 with B&O sound, and ambio 

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

DMacri:

Get the right one, I used a double tape, it was promised to stick on everything for years and came off after one week.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 5:29 AM

Beautiful work as usual Leslie.  I appreciate the detailed pictures.  I too have a few questions though.
1. What brand of double-sided tape?
2. It appears that you brushed some sort of glue on and around the Bang & Olufsen logo first (makes sense - I sprayed on some 3M sticky glue on my first RL140 job).  What kind of glue do you use for that?
3. In your finish steps, what is it that you are brushing on to the plastic frame?

Thanks,
sonavor

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 7:51 AM

sonavor:

Beautiful work as usual Leslie.  I appreciate the detailed pictures.  I too have a few questions though.
1. What brand of double-sided tape?
2. It appears that you brushed some sort of glue on and around the Bang & Olufsen logo first (makes sense - I sprayed on some 3M sticky glue on my first RL140 job).  What kind of glue do you use for that?
3. In your finish steps, what is it that you are brushing on to the plastic frame?

Thanks,
sonavor

Thanks Sonavor!

1) Tesafix Tesa 4965, use Ebay.de to get them cheap. Don't buy them at Conrad, far to expensive!

2) Bison spray Please note that you have to wait for a minute or two before applying the cloth, or else the glue will appear throught the cloth!!

3) HG sort of spray (wax) used for shining furniture. I use that for almost all materials like aluminium, plastic, wood...

Brengen & Ophalen

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 8:39 PM

DMacri:

Thanks "DMacri", I guess you alreay read the answer on Sonavors reply? Good luck doing yours Yes - thumbs up

Don't use to thick fabric for the cloth....

Brengen & Ophalen

valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
Posts 1,502
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 7:55 AM

Leslie, Nice job and great photo sequence .

Orava
Top 100 Contributor
Finland
Posts 991
Bronze Member
Orava replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 10:44 AM

Nice job, I did onetime White/White 60s with 3M sprayglu, but it had difficulties to stay on. Got to check this Bison

blah-blah and photographs as needed

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 11:40 AM

Orava:

Nice job, I did onetime White/White 60s with 3M sprayglu, but it had difficulties to stay on. Got to check this Bison

That's why the fabrick must be as thin as possible!

Brengen & Ophalen

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 881
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 11:45 AM
Leslie:

Thanks "DMacri", I guess you alreay read the answer on Sonavors reply? Good luck doing yours

Don't use to thick fabric for the cloth....

Yes, that answered my question. Now for a new one - where do you get your fabric? I want to make sure I get the right thickness.

Dom

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 11:54 AM

This is where I get my cloth on Ebay.com. Can be thinner though!

Brengen & Ophalen

Orava
Top 100 Contributor
Finland
Posts 991
Bronze Member
Orava replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 12:06 PM

Leslie:

Orava:

That's why the fabrick must be as thin as possible!

Yes, it was. More exercises then...

Paul
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 116
Bronze Member
Paul replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 6:23 PM

very good job as always!  Those RL's deserve a new life.  Clever to use double sided tape!  Emboss the B&O text is hard to do isn't ?

I like those DIY pictures it will help. I wish we could place these DIY tuts in a separate Item on this forum.

Mikael
Not Ranked
Sweden
Posts 58
Gold Member
Mikael replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 5:48 PM

Hi!

Truly inspiring pics!

In the picasa album you are using a green tape which I assume is s foam tape? Is it the same used for BC glass panels? Where do you buy it?

Best regards,

Mikael

Beocenter Overture | Beolink passive | CX100 | CX50 

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Paul:

very good job as always!  Those RL's deserve a new life.  Clever to use double sided tape!  Emboss the B&O text is hard to do isn't ?

I like those DIY pictures it will help. I wish we could place these DIY tuts in a separate Item on this forum.

They can be placed in the Wiki's but someone has to do itWhistle

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 6:11 PM

Mikael:

Hi!

Truly inspiring pics!

In the picasa album you are using a green tape which I assume is s foam tape? Is it the same used for BC glass panels? Where do you buy it?

Best regards,

Mikael

Yes it is but I'm not using this tape for glasspanels, much to thick...

Brengen & Ophalen

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 6:12 PM

Søren Mexico:

Paul:

They can be placed in the Wiki's but someone has to do itWhistle

Why are you Whistle Soren?

Brengen & Ophalen

Michel
Not Ranked
Alkmaar
Posts 26
Bronze Member
Michel replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 6:39 PM

Thanks for uploading these pics Leslie!

I have the middle sized ones in black though. I want to recloth them in light grey or white.

You did a great job and like you, I was already aware of the bison sprayglue which is perfect to use for these kind of projects. I did them once, but wasn't satisfied with the fabric, this looks much better.

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 7:40 PM

michgal:

Thanks for uploading these pics Leslie!

I have the middle sized ones in black though. I want to recloth them in light grey or white.

You did a great job and like you, I was already aware of the bison sprayglue which is perfect to use for these kind of projects. I did them once, but wasn't satisfied with the fabric, this looks much better.

Thank you Michel. Are you sure you want to do it in white or grey? It's quite contagious for stains you know, but great looking!

Brengen & Ophalen

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Leslie:
Why are you Whistle Soren?

Take a wild guess Leslie

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 8:47 PM

What's you're link with Beoworld other then posting threads? Serious, did I missed something here?

Brengen & Ophalen

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Leslie:

What's you're link with Beoworld other then posting threads? Serious, did I missed something here?

As we make these thread one time after the other, and answer the same questions the one time after the other, why not make a Wiki like this one and then just post the link when people are asking. The threads tends to disappear in the mass.

Orava
Top 100 Contributor
Finland
Posts 991
Bronze Member
Orava replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 1:07 PM

Hi

Leslie:

This is where I get my cloth on Ebay.com. Can be thinner though!

Is this anywhere near to CX fret? I need for white CX´s.

CR
Not Ranked
France
Posts 4
Bronze Member
CR replied on Sat, Oct 10 2015 4:10 PM

Hello Leslie! I know this is a pretty old thread but the Picasa album is not working anymore and I was wondering if you still had the photos somewhere :)

Thanks!

Fredthefrogman
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

Does anyone have any copies of the detailed guide as the link doesn't seem to work for me?

Many thanks,

Dave

Page 1 of 1 (28 items) | RSS