Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Bluetooth issue with iOS 11.4

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
lawrencejmcook Posted: Fri, Jun 15 2018 10:00 AM
After upgrading my iPhone 7+ to iOS 11.4 the streaming of music via Bluetooth to my two BeoPlay A1s is atrocious.

The music starts fine, but within a minute or so the sound becomes very choppy, getting worse as time passes. If playing with the A1s wirelessly paired, eventually one of them gives up and disconnects. The music is unlistenable at that stage.

I’ve tried forgetting the A1s and deleting/reinstalling the BeoPlay app, but with no improvement. The A1s are on software version 5.3.0.

Has anyone on the forum experienced this? If so, have you had any luck fixing it?
leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member
Did you try to reset network settings?

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
leogoeswild:

Did you try to reset network settings?

Hi leogoeswild,

I completely reset the A1s (long simultaneous press on Bluetooth and power buttons).

Do you mean on the iPhone? If so, all I could see was “forget this device” under Bluetooth. What do you have in mind?

Thanks,

Lawrence
kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 707
Bronze Member

Yep... Same problem after I upgraded to latest iOS... :-( Occasional hickups even when the iPhone is only a meter from the A1

Karel.

Ulrike
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 174
Bronze Member
Ulrike replied on Fri, Jun 15 2018 12:44 PM

An issue of buggy apple software, unrelated to B&O it seems:

https://www.gottabemobile.com/ios-11-problems-5-things-you-need-to-know/

Seems to be no way so far to fix it:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8408210

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
Karel, sorry you’re suffering with it too.

Ulrike, thanks for the links. Guess we have to wait for a fix from Apple, then.

The odd thing is that Bluetooth from my iPhone to my H9is is absolutely fine. At least I can still enjoy my music while on my travels.

Lawrence
lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
I just reported this issue to Apple and pointed to the thread Ulrike kindly provided. The response from the Apple analyst was “I am not showing anything that asking for escalations at this time”.

So please, if you are experiencing this issue with iOS 11.4 and Bluetooth, do report it to Apple support so they can gather more empirical data - and take the issue seriously. Thank you Smile

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
The issue seems to be resolved with the update to iOS 11.4.1, but I bought a cable from Steve Sounds Heavenly just in case 😊
swift
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
swift replied on Tue, Dec 22 2020 7:14 AM

The Bluetooth goes wrong on iOS 11? First please force restart your iOS device. Then toggle Bluetooth off and on to remove some connection errors. Also, re-add Bluetooth on settings is favorable. Or you could use third-party tools such as Tuneskit iOS System Repair. Hope my advice can help you.

See more information on How to Fix Bluetooth Issues on iOS

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS