Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 7 and dvi input

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

little_homer
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
little_homer Posted: Wed, Dec 16 2020 7:37 PM

HI! I've got a beovision 7 tv and even is little old I love it,  i'm planning to connect to it a apple TV a chromecast or a laptop using the dvi input , i've tried with the computer , the computer and a hdmi to dvi cable and even the laptop detects de screen , I'm not able to select the dvi input of the tv , i've read the manual , and as i understood i have to select the av1 option to pc and then says use the list button and select pc, unfortunately the lcd screen of the remote is broken and i cannot see anything ,i 've tried "blindly" to push the list one time and ok , two time list and ok and etctera but i'm not able to put that pc input , there is someone with a beovision that can help me ? I'm doing it correctly ? If my idea is correct , could someone explain me how many pushes hay need to do in the remote  ? Like two times , list , then right  then ok....  alternatively there is any method to assign some of the remote buttons to the pc input ?

Thanks!!

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Wed, Dec 16 2020 8:18 PM

Hi and welcome to Beoworld!

Normally I'd be one of the first to accept the challenge of 'blind' programming of a Beo4, but I think there are just too many variables:  You don't know the SW version of the Beo4 and you don't know what may already be in the LIST.

Unless someone can suggest an alternative way to connect the Apple TV to the BV7, then I think your best bet is to look for a new (second-hand) Beo4.  You could also use a BL1000 - simply press SHIFT then STORE to send the PC command.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Wed, Dec 16 2020 8:19 PM

I should have added, you could also fit a new screen to your Beo4 - see the handy guide here: https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/21827/180453.aspx#180453

Johan
Top 200 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
Posts 450
Gold Member
Johan replied on Wed, Dec 16 2020 8:30 PM

Hi, I am using an Apple TV with my BV7 and programmed the TV to use the DTV command on the Beo4 for that. On older Beo4s this is the SAT button. This is possible in my BV7 as there are no modules fitted, so the DTV command is available. When you could get this working as well, you do not need a working screen on the Beo4.

Note that you will need to run the HDMI to DVI cable AND a cable for the audio signal. I use an HDMI audio extractor and feed stereo to the white/red connectors of the TV. See this thread also: https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/20385/325287.aspx#325287

Hope this helps!

Johan
Top 200 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
Posts 450
Gold Member
Johan replied on Wed, Dec 16 2020 8:48 PM

Guy:

I should have added, you could also fit a new screen to your Beo4 - see the handy guide here: https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/21827/180453.aspx#180453

I agree that a Beo4 with a dead screen is a bit sad!

Ravsted
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 345
Bronze Member
Ravsted replied on Wed, Dec 16 2020 8:49 PM

Hi,

You can only assign DVI-I to DTV or V.MEM on a MKii (Type 9361)

On a MKi (type 9351) it can only be assigned to AV4 and the PC button.

I strongly suggest to get a new Beo4.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS