Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

A failed Beolink 5000 repair story…

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,373
Bronze Member
matador43 Posted: Tue, Jan 19 2021 3:02 PM

Good afternoon guys,

Have failed to find an easy solution to borrow a working Beolink 5000 or 7000 to clear that annoying timer on a Beocenter 2300 I start to think to try to repair th BL5000 I had (thanks Christo!).

After reading about the classic issue, ribbon cable connection becoming loose, I was so happy to fond out that some oriental country sell a special tool for this for not too much money and thought I could give it a try.

After long weeks, the tool arrived.

So today I started to open the remote making pictures to post a nice new "save your things from trash" topic on the forum.

Unfortunatly, while dismantling the remote carefully taking care of the thin fragile ribbon, I discovered the tool not gonna be of any help…

The connections are broken inside the ribbon itself at a crease.

From the PCB side they are soldier point where somebody with surgeon's steady hands may bridge some wires, but from the screen side, there is nowhere to soldier anything.

I closed the remote.

Now I have to thing a way to do this another way!

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Jan 19 2021 3:23 PM

Worth a try, so thanks for posting!  And good luck with the next attempt!

I have four BL5000s.  One mint and fully working, one tatty but fully working (everyday use) and a couple like the one above.  It's a shame that they are so fragile, but I guess that B&O learnt their lesson and made the Beo4 much more robust!

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,373
Bronze Member
matador43 replied on Tue, Jan 19 2021 4:59 PM

Guy:
one tatty but fully working

Hi Guy,

Well, then if the second attempt doesn't succeed, I know where mine will go because it's in perfect cosmetic condition! Wink

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS