Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolab 28

rated by 0 users
This post has 507 Replies | 8 Followers

Doubleola
Not Ranked
Berlin
Posts 55
Gold Member
Doubleola replied on Fri, Oct 22 2021 9:42 AM

@Carolpa Thanks for clarification :)

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Fri, Oct 22 2021 7:16 PM

Doubleola:

@Carolpa Thanks for clarification :)

Your welcome.

page 7 of the BL28_user_guide: "If you want to connect two speakers to one PL socket on the Soundcenter or television, it is not possible to loop the cable between the speakers, an extra Power Link splitter is needed, contact your Bang & Olufsen retailer for more information"

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Mikipidia replied on Fri, Oct 22 2021 8:59 PM

That's the little splitter I posted a picture ofSmile

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Mikipedia on Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikipedi4/

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Mikipidia replied on Fri, Oct 22 2021 8:59 PM

double

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Doubleola
Not Ranked
Berlin
Posts 55
Gold Member
Doubleola replied on Fri, Oct 22 2021 10:38 PM

Thanks for sharing the info on the splitter. Will look into it once before I set mine up. I just got them a few days ago and most likely open the box this weekend. 

Cheers

Curly
Top 200 Contributor
FL, USA
Posts 366
Gold Member
Curly replied on Sun, Oct 31 2021 3:30 PM

https://youtu.be/STrFEJHFqhs

A review on BL28 by Andrew Robinson.

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, Beosound Level, Beosound A1 2nd Gen, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Halo, Essence Remote

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sun, Oct 31 2021 4:23 PM
Nice review. They looked awesome in his setup, and he was very impressed by their sound Smile

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sun, Oct 31 2021 4:25 PM

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Curly
Top 200 Contributor
FL, USA
Posts 366
Gold Member
Curly replied on Sun, Oct 31 2021 4:50 PM

A great review. He was effusively positive. Makes me want a pair.

I’m really glad B&O corporate is giving him gear to review.

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, Beosound Level, Beosound A1 2nd Gen, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Halo, Essence Remote

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 553
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Sun, Oct 31 2021 5:28 PM
Curly:

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, Beosound Level, Beosound A1 2nd Gen, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Essence Remote

Interesting the way he describe the sound very much in the bl50 and 90 range
Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Mikipidia replied on Sun, Oct 31 2021 6:26 PM
Curly:

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, Beosound Level, Beosound A1 2nd Gen, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Essence Remote

Me too, it’s the future imho

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sun, Oct 31 2021 11:57 PM
Definitely a great review. I have been thinking about trading my 50s in on a pair of 28s. Aesthetically they would look and fit better in my room and open up space for a larger TV. This video may just get me to make the switch.

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Yendys
Top 500 Contributor
Sydney
Posts 312
Founder
Yendys replied on Mon, Nov 1 2021 8:05 AM
Excellent review. The 28s to be seem the most interesting product to come out of B&O for some time (with the exception of the 90s). I think it might be time to go and have a listen
Curly
Top 200 Contributor
FL, USA
Posts 366
Gold Member
Curly replied on Mon, Nov 1 2021 10:08 AM

Miki, when do your BL28's arrive? Is the "regular oak" (not light oak) a special order? And thus, taking more time? I look forward to a video or two on your YouTube channel when they are set up.

Curly
Top 200 Contributor
FL, USA
Posts 366
Gold Member
Curly replied on Mon, Nov 1 2021 11:01 AM

Oh, and one more thing--I agree with Andrew--the aluminum ring atop the speaker should rotate for volume like an Essence remote rather than dragging fingers over sensors on the top-face. Great idea.

AdamS
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 373
Gold Member
AdamS replied on Mon, Nov 1 2021 1:05 PM

For what it's worth, I fianlly managed to hear a pair of Beolab 28s a week or so ago in Harrods.

I was hugely impressed by the sound. The midrange and treble were tas lovely as I would expect from B&O but bass was superb with great impact and excellent detail.

Mrs. S and I both left impressed and thinking that they're actually something of a bargain. That said, we're not planning to ditch the Beolab 90s just yet! Big Smile

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
AdamS:

For what it's worth, I fianlly managed to hear a pair of Beolab 28s a week or so ago in Harrods.

I was hugely impressed by the sound. The midrange and treble were tas lovely as I would expect from B&O but bass was superb with great impact and excellent detail.

Mrs. S and I both left impressed and thinking that they're actually something of a bargain. That said, we're not planning to ditch the Beolab 90s just yet!

The listening room there is impressive isn’t it. I heard the 90s next to the 28s and I too was mightily impressed.

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

BeoFrederic
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 276
Gold Member
That review is going to sell a fair number of BL 28s, all by itself.
Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Nov 1 2021 6:25 PM

Amazing how long it took them to start sending out products to some (sensibly selected of course) reviewers, whether those are Youtube reviewers or elsewhere.

But great to see that they are increasingly utilising a couple of them.

Can only help - and sort of imposes some discipline on the quality of what they send out.

BeoFrederic:
That review is going to sell a fair number of BL 28s, all by itself.

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member
They need to send their speakers out to the likes of subjectivist audiophiles like Steve Guttenburg, Darko, Fremer etc to increase the profile of B&O or as the average person in the street says; “B and who…??? Nope, never heard of him”

Present: BL90, Core, BL6000, CD7000, Beogram 7000, Essence Remote.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4, Moment.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Nov 1 2021 7:42 PM

thoroughly doubt they'll ever send stuff to Gutenberg.

B&O are a bit too design focused in their presentation - and his videos, whatever other merits they may have, look like they are recorded in a storeroom.

Not commenting on whether utilising him would or wouldnt be helpful, but I dont see enough overlap from B&O's point of view.

Darko is much more design led, so that I can see (though also think unlikely).

seethroughyou:
They need to send their speakers out to the likes of subjectivist audiophiles like Steve Guttenburg, Darko, Fremer etc to increase the profile of B&O or as the average person in the street says; “B and who…??? Nope, never heard of him”

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Curly:

Miki, when do your BL28's arrive? Is the "regular oak" (not light oak) a special order? And thus, taking more time? I look forward to a video or two on your YouTube channel when they are set up.

They should arrive next week somewhere, possibly end of the week but not likely. As for the normal oak, i just asked for it since it was an option in the ordering system of theirs. I don’t know if that makes them special or not, everything comes in separate boxes anyway Stick out tongue

I’ll obviously make some videos about themBig Smile

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Wed, Nov 3 2021 5:23 PM
I am planning to order a pair of 28s. I want the cloth as opposed to the wood. I have not been able to find any good pictures to see the difference between the two options. Anyone have have some good pictures of one or both of the cloth options?

Thanks!

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 553
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Wed, Nov 3 2021 5:59 PM
Razlaw:

I am planning to order a pair of 28s. I want the cloth as opposed to the wood. I have not been able to find any good pictures to see the difference between the two options. Anyone have have some good pictures of one or both of the cloth options?

Thanks! Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Me too especially after Andrew Robinson’s review.

I also want the cloth. I think the cloth material options is similar to the harmony speaker cover. Based on what I have for my harmony I would say the dark grey has more texture than the lighter grey and so may consider the dark one outside ( to contrast the aluminium) and the lighter one covering the speakers.

Still need to see and hear it in person though
Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, Nov 4 2021 3:15 AM
Just read the Technical Sound Guide for the 28s. The 28s have more features/adjustability than I had realized.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Razlaw:
Just read the Technical Sound Guide for the 28s. The 28s have more features/adjustability than I had realized.

…..and much more than what was mentioned in/testet for this review.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, Nov 4 2021 2:00 PM
vlohjr1:

Me too especially after Andrew Robinson’s review.

I also want the cloth. I think the cloth material options is similar to the harmony speaker cover. Based on what I have for my harmony I would say the dark grey has more texture than the lighter grey and so may consider the dark one outside ( to contrast the aluminium) and the lighter one covering the speakers.

Still need to see and hear it in person though

Just ordered my 28s. Went with silver, dark grey cloth for the speaker, and black wood grills. Somehow my dealer had a new in box, unopened set of the black grills that came on the limited edition launch version.

Curly
Top 200 Contributor
FL, USA
Posts 366
Gold Member
Curly replied on Thu, Nov 4 2021 2:01 PM

Bad@$$. ETA?? We want pics.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, Nov 4 2021 2:12 PM
Curly:

No eta right now. Probably not soon. I am buying from a dealer 1000 miles away but he is going to have some of his installers in my state in the future and so need to coordinate things on their schedule.

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 553
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Thu, Nov 4 2021 3:09 PM
Razlaw:

Just ordered my 28s. Went with silver, dark grey cloth for the speaker, and black wood grills. Somehow my dealer had a new in box, unopened set of the black grills that came on the limited edition launch version. Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Congrats on your purchase enjoy

Pictures pictures pictures please! Big Smile
Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, Nov 4 2021 3:37 PM
Here is an off the wall question about the 28s, if anyone knows the answer. My dealer informs me that the silver comes standard with the light grey cloth. Dealer will order the dark grey and swap them for me. However, on the BL28 web page there are some short videos. One of them has the light grey and another one has the dark grey. Looking closely at them, it appears the gears at the top are two different colors, as if to match the cloth. Is this an optical illusion or are the gears colored to match the standard cloth? Thanks!

Doubleola
Not Ranked
Berlin
Posts 55
Gold Member

@Razlaw I have the silver one with both Walnut wood covers and Grey Melange (darker grey) Covers. If you order silver and fabric covers, you get the lighter "Grey" covers for both inside and outer covers. These are factory matched automatically. The way I got around it was to order the silver with Walnut which is match to the darker grey "Grey Melange inner covers and I ordered the darker "Grey Melange" outer cover as an extra accessory.

That was my experience at least. Maybe it's changed. Hope that helps.

I haven't looked at the gears and can't speak to the color matching.

Raeven
Not Ranked
Posts 61
Bronze Member
Raeven replied on Thu, Nov 4 2021 4:42 PM

I have a pair of Beolab 28 very good. But one big problem.

The Beolab 28 work with google radio and the Beosoud core with tunein as concequence the beolab 28 cannot be used in mulit room setup. Plus if you put on the same radio channel on te Beolab 28 and the Beosound core there is a small time delay. Beacuse of google radio and Tunein.

Does anybody know if this will be solved by B&O in the future?

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, Nov 4 2021 5:08 PM
Doubleola:

@Razlaw I have the silver one with both Walnut wood covers and Grey Melange (darker grey) Covers. If you order silver and fabric covers, you get the lighter "Grey" covers for both inside and outer covers. These are factory matched automatically. The way I got around it was to order the silver with Walnut which is match to the darker grey "Grey Melange inner covers and I ordered the darker "Grey Melange" outer cover as an extra accessory.

That was my experience at least. Maybe it's changed. Hope that helps.

I haven't looked at the gears and can't speak to the color matching.

Thanks! I changed my mind and decided to go with the standard light grey. Thought I would prefer the contrast between the lighter grey and darker black wood grills.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, Nov 4 2021 5:12 PM
Raeven:

I have a pair of Beolab 28 very good. But one big problem.

The Beolab 28 work with google radio and the Beosoud core with tunein as concequence the beolab 28 cannot be used in mulit room setup. Plus if you put on the same radio channel on te Beolab 28 and the Beosound core there is a small time delay. Beacuse of google radio and Tunein.

Does anybody know if this will be solved by B&O in the future?

There is another recent thread entitled MultiRoom 2021 about the impending addition of MultiRoom to the 28s. Also, on the B and O web page for the 28s in the faqs, it is indicates that Beolink will be added to the 28s via a software update in the second half of 2021. There is a post in the other thread that the update has been given to beta testers.

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 553
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Fri, Nov 5 2021 8:58 PM
I wonder if in not long distance future that I can wisa the bl28 to the bv harmony and daisy chain wirelessly the bl28 to level as rears via Mozart platform to obtain surround? Just a thought
steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
vlohjr1:

I wonder if in not long distance future that I can wisa the bl28 to the bv harmony and daisy chain wirelessly the bl28 to level as rears via Mozart platform to obtain surround? Just a thought

That’s exactly what i was hoping for since mozart was announced.

Ideally even one step more: have mozart in the BV or Stage. And then have the bv or stage act as center speaker and allow to connect two fronts, two rears and a sub via mozart (not wisa). Basically the functionality that sonos and others offer.

I’m holding back purchases for a while now, waiting for what mozart brings.
vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 553
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Sun, Nov 7 2021 12:32 PM
steve1977:

That’s exactly what i was hoping for since mozart was announced.

Ideally even one step more: have mozart in the BV or Stage. And then have the bv or stage act as center speaker and allow to connect two fronts, two rears and a sub via mozart (not wisa). Basically the functionality that sonos and others offer.

I’m holding back purchases for a while now, waiting for what mozart brings.

I think that would come eventually but ‘only’ speaker of ‘substance’ is bl28 for now
Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Wed, Dec 8 2021 12:06 AM
Curly:

Installation scheduled for Thursday 😃

Curly
Top 200 Contributor
FL, USA
Posts 366
Gold Member
Curly replied on Wed, Dec 8 2021 2:32 AM

Almost time to update your signature block!

Very exciting. Post pics of the black lamellas. Or are they “curtains” now? :)

Page 11 of 13 (508 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > | RSS