Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolab 28

rated by 0 users
This post has 507 Replies | 8 Followers

Ekl
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
Ekl replied on Tue, Dec 28 2021 7:34 PM

Hi, do you hear these noises when you use the volume control?

I have the same problem, but did find out that it is one of the powerlink connections. Probably a grounding issue.

Ekl
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
Ekl replied on Tue, Dec 28 2021 7:35 PM

Hi, do you hear these noises when you use the volume control?

I have the same problem, but did find out that it is one of the powerlink connections. Probably a grounding issue.

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 553
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Sat, Jan 1 2022 5:26 PM
Does anybody know how to control

Wide/narrow mode of the BL28 from the beovision harmony rather than through the app? Thanks Vince
MaxH
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 126
Bronze Member
MaxH replied on Sat, Jan 1 2022 5:47 PM

Speaker Groups > Speaker Presets. 
1 is narrow 2 is wide.
if you have 50s or 90s you must have the same preset set as the 28s

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 553
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Sat, Jan 1 2022 6:41 PM
MaxH:

Speaker Groups > Speaker Presets. 1 is narrow 2 is wide. if you have 50s or 90s you must have the same preset set as the 28s

Many thanks! Regards Vince
Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Don’t forget that the 28’s also as default have “social” sound preset under nr: 2 with a wide mode. So if you want it more like the optimal you need to make an extra preset!

I’d suggest going in the app and in the 28’s first renumerating social to 4 or 5. Then go to optimal (narrow), change the beam to wide, press “save as new” name it “optimal wide” or whatever you want and then numerate it “2” under the advanced tab.

Hope this helps?

Btw speakers/tv must be off to change any of this for 28’s!!!

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Mikipedia on Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikipedi4/

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member

Don't forget that 2 in the tv is the social preset on the 28's. So if you want the ''optimal'' sound you need to make a new preset in the speakers!

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Geoff Martin
Top 150 Contributor
Struer, Denmark
Posts 672
Bronze Member

MaxH:

Speaker Groups > Speaker Presets. 
1 is narrow 2 is wide.
if you have 50s or 90s you must have the same preset set as the 28s

On the Beolab 28, the factory defaults are Preset 1 = Narrow and Preset 2 = Wide.

However, these can be modified by the user; or you could make new Presets.

Therefore, the more generalised setup procedure is:

- create / adjust the preset to the desired parameter values in the loudspeakers (whether BL28, 50, and/or 90)

- make note of the preset number that corresponds to the desired parameter settings

- Set the Speaker Preset value in the television to the preset that you wish to use with the Speaker Group

Cheers

-Geoff

Geoff Martin
Top 150 Contributor
Struer, Denmark
Posts 672
Bronze Member

Mikipidia:

Don't forget that 2 in the tv is the social preset on the 28's. So if you want the ''optimal'' sound you need to make a new preset in the speakers!

For some people, "Social" is "Optimal".

Preferences are funny things... ;-)

Cheers

-geoff

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Mikipidia replied on Tue, Jan 4 2022 12:08 PM

Not according to B&O because the ''Optimal'' setting has the listening mode dot somewhere else Stick out tongue

I didn't choose the wording either lol

I get your point, but I was more trying to point out why, if all being the same, going from 1 to 2 in the TV makes the speakers sound so much different besides just the narrow/wide change.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Tue, Jan 4 2022 11:59 PM
New software on 28s today.

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Cheshire1993
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member

I have ran a few tests with technical support. The clicking doesn’t appear when one of the 28s are turned off and when the TV is muted (muted with both powered on)

The local dealer visited me to hardwire the 28s to my Harmony as they said my Sky Q box runs on the same frequency and could be causing the clicking noises. Unfortunately the cables didn’t make any difference.

The clicking noises will appear regardless of the source, Sky, Netflix, YouTube etc. Even when they are powered and TV is in standby I still get the clicking noises.

I am guessing it’s some kind of communication issue between the 2 speakers? I’m waiting on my local dealer to get a reply from technical support before any solution. 

Cheshire1993
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member

I can upload a video for users to listen to the issue if somebody tells me how to do it

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 678
Bronze Member

Unsure It's discoureaging me to spend 12K EUR. And I planned to visit my dealer on Monday, Erm..

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Clearly it’s not very common, mine are totally fine. I’d like to see the video because i don’t really know what is meant by ticking.

MaxH
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 126
Bronze Member
MaxH replied on Thu, Jan 6 2022 7:37 PM

I have no clicking on mine either. 

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, Jan 6 2022 11:19 PM
No clicking on mine.

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Cheshire1993
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member

It’s turns out my WiFi and Beolab 28s are operating on the same frequency.

With my WIFI off the 28s don’t make clicking noises. My dealer sent videos to Denmark HQ for support and they haven’t heard of anybody report this before. My WiFi has been dropping on and off ever since I got the 28s. 

B&O are sending out some sort of router replacement which will be used instead of my WiFi router. They use is on commercial set ups but hopefully that should be the end of it.

They questioned if I had Sky Q as this also has known to operate on the same frequency as some B&O products, I do have Sky Q but this wasn’t the issue. 

Curly
Top 200 Contributor
FL, USA
Posts 366
Gold Member
Curly replied on Tue, Jan 18 2022 11:08 PM

Sorry if I'm asking a dumb question but have you tried to change the wifi channel you're operating on? My Linksys wifi router allows me to choose specific "channels" within the 2.4 and 5ghz bands so you can operate on less heavily trafficked channels. There is also an automatic setting, which I assume hops around until it finds a less popular channel.

Maybe that would help?

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, Beosound Level, Beosound A1 2nd Gen, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Halo, Essence Remote

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Tue, Jan 18 2022 11:59 PM
I am also sorry to ask what may be a dumb question, but have you tried connecting the 28s to each other with a cable instead of wirelessly? When my 28s were set up initially the secondary one would randomly shut down. B and O determined there was a lot of wifi interference. Connected them with a cable and the problem went away completely.

Cheshire1993
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member

I had the same issue with one shutting down and sometimes watching a film it would just cut off completely. Both 28s are connected via a cable. Master to slave upon setup. Both 28s now have a separate feed each running to the harmony as we thought this may fix the issue. I have had the WiFi modem removed today by B&O and they fitted a commercial B&O access point which created a new WiFi connection. 

This hasn’t resolved the issue. I really don’t know what else I can do. Any more suggestions?

My local B&O dealer have been here 4 times and still no luck. 

Regarding changing WiFi from 2.4 to 5.2. I pick up my neighbours WiFi signal and today we removed my router for the B&O one.  

rawxoox
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
rawxoox replied on Sat, Feb 12 2022 9:23 AM

Hi there

Did you have any resolution of the clicking sound on the Beolab 28?

I just bought a pair, and the right speaker makes a static clicking sound once or twice an hour. It happens on all sources (wireless powerlink, bluetooth, spotify) and happens both on and in standby. Left speaker is fine. 

Best regards

Cheshire1993
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member

Issue is still on going. They have been back and forth. In touch with Denmark and they say I’m the only person worldwide with the issue.

Next week they intend to swap my 28s for 18s to see if I experience the clicking noises on the 18s. Also they will plug my 28s in at their store and see if they hear the clicking there. (Sat next to the speaker as it’s making the noise right now)

Glad I’m not the only person. 

Who is your WIFI provider?

Do you have a Sky Q box in the room?

Do you have the Harmony TV?

P.s how annoying is it. Both my speakers do it and you cannot watch a film without being reminded of how your £££ speakers do not work as they should 

rawxoox
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
rawxoox replied on Sat, Feb 12 2022 9:58 AM

With me it’s only one speaker. I don’t see why it would have any relation with wifi. I use my speakers with a soundsend wisa-device connected to a Sony TV. 

To me it sounds like a electrical fault. 

Just wrote B&O Denmark today so I’ll keep you postet. 

Cheshire1993
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member

Good luck, 

Please keep me informed as no one in Denmark or at my local B&O store currently have an answer. 

They say it’s highly likely to interference by WiFi but I asked my neighbour to turn his WiFi off and both speakers made the noises and on my phone the only WiFi listed was mine. B&O replaced my BT WiFi box with a B&O access point as they thought that was the issue.

They have been helpful but I’m still in the same position 

Robert_A
Not Ranked
Posts 41
Bronze Member
Robert_A replied on Sat, Feb 12 2022 11:31 AM

I’m thinking about upgrading my BL18/19 with 28 when the time is right, but reading this makes me sceptic.. Is it a good idea to integrate streaming service in this type of loudspeaker? I’m a bit unsure.. I have BL3 in my kitchen, they are from 2005 or so, and I love them. They look and sound good. But what if they had a 2005 streaming device built in? A IPod wheel on top of the ALT lens? It would have been outdated years ago.. So - is the longlivity good with BL28? 

andybandy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 164
Bronze Member
andybandy replied on Sat, Feb 12 2022 12:14 PM

Remember, still they have integrated streaming service, they still have Powerlink and optical line in. So if/or in the future you want other streaming service you can still connect a new bs core or some other brand, and powerlink is the prefer settings. So if you prefer and external streaming service that is not support in bl28 in future you can still us the beolab 28 many years like your old beolab today. :) :) So go for it :) 

Cheshire1993
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member

They look great and sound great but I don’t understand why a company dealing with high end products cannot prevent issues like this. My 28 subwoofer was damaged after 1 month, the speaker blew on it. But they replaced it under warranty.

For me the clicking noises has to be an electrical fault somewhere. Whether it be the communication between speaker and TV. I’m not sure but gladly for my sake I’m not the only one experiencing it which is great to know as the finger was being pointed at my set up.

Page 13 of 13 (508 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 | RSS